Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WESBC
  1.    #1  
    Well I just cracked my screen on my 4th screen in a little over a year. I finally got fed up with it and got an iPhone. I miss webOS's multitasking, but Apple's app store, screen size/resolution, speed makes up for a lot of it. Also it doesn't have thing plastic screen that doesn't protect the digitizer.

So basically I now have a bunch of Pixi parts, some used, some barely used. I need about 17 more posts to post in the marketplace, so help me get there. So this is not a for sale thread, just one to get me there

Also what other devices are use the Pixi Battery? I have about 6 i think.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Huh? I found the plastic screen harder to break than the glass on the iPhone, especially the iPhone 4...

If you've broke 4 screens in one year, you need a case ....

The Pixi battery can be used in all of the Pre's up to the Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Well not the screen exactly, but the digitizer behind the screen. I had cases for it, but none really protected the screen. I had the Otterbox Commuter and modified it to work with the TS, but it cracked and went without a case for a while.

If something would press up against it, the plastic would dent, then the fragile digitizer behind it would crack. The screen didn't break from dropping, but from other items in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I'm curious. How did you modify the otterbox to work with the touchstone?

Did you cut a circular hole or move parts?
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
  5.    #5  
    I cut a circular hole. It was all free hand, but with sandpaper and some time, it looked pretty decent. It cracked on the edge where the plastic was the thinnest though.

WESBC: Palm Pixi Plus + Otterbox + Touchstone

antijingoist likes this.
    Wow you must be rough on phones.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I like it. Nice job.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    good job of the modification. Sorry to hear that tho. I find the pixi to be very durable but I I kinda baby my things. Had the same one for over a year and a half but i ve went through about 4 TS backs. got a pixi artist series cover way better nice and durable. Did you have a plus? im interested in the commboard.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Wow you must be rough on phones.
    Yup! I guess i'm rough with everything. I try to be careful, but it just isn't enough lol.

Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    I like it. Nice job.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    good job of the modification. Sorry to hear that tho. I find the pixi to be very durable but I I kinda baby my things. Had the same one for over a year and a half but i ve went through about 4 TS backs. got a pixi artist series cover way better nice and durable. Did you have a plus? im interested in the commboard.
    Palm Pixi + from Verizon. I actually also have the first one that I cracked, totaling two cracked Pixi +'s, 6 batteries (only a couple cycles on 3-4 of them, 2 TS's and a 6 back covers, and a few misc cables. Only interested in a bundle deal, PM me (I will sell cheap).