1.    #1  
    For those of you who have been unable to get the Palm Pixi to tether using Windows 7 , I have come up with what I feel is a very good solution.
    1. Make sure you have UberKernel installed
    2. Make sure you have Free Tether 1.1.3 installed
    3. Get a copy of Ubuntu Linux 10.10
    You can run it directly from the DVD and make no changes to your pc.
    There is also a way to make it run within windows or make your system dual boot
    4. Run Free Tether and plug your phone into your USB port.
    Linux will automatically recognise it and you are off to the races.

I am currently using it now to post this
    According to the Speakeasy test I am getting 2.20 Mbps down and .52Mbps up
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    uberkernel. should have no effect on it working. And this dosent really help people with windows 7. Its just saying Hey, it works on linux/ubuntu.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    uberkernel. should have no effect on it working. And this dosent really help people with windows 7. Its just saying Hey, it works on linux/ubuntu.
    It gives windows 7 users an option if they have to get online
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I have no problems with FreeTether and Sprint. But there are problems when it comes to USB + freeTether + either Mac OS X or Windows 7. The options that worked for me were WIFI or Bluetooth on the Mac to FreeTether and WIFI on Windows 7 to FreeTether.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald600 View Post
    It gives windows 7 users an option if they have to get online
    well the titles misleading. And your post should be worded differently. Thats all im saying. Example: For those who can not get the sprint pixi with free tether to work with windows 7. Ubuntu 10.04-11.10 is an option to use to get on the internet its a free OS and you can either dual boot it or run it inside virtual box. Then providing steps on how to do those both. or 1.