Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    Here's question.. I am thinking about getting a Pre 2 and have a Pixi Plus currently activated on Verizon....IF I get a new phone, deactivate the Pixi will I still be able to use the wifi??? I was thinking my kids would love playing around with the Pixi using wifi
    Yes, that is what I am using right now.
    yes, just use the bypass tool.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! Where do I find the "bypass" tool?
    palm developer site. It's how developers c? Work with devices without having a voice bill for each one.
    I didn't have to use the bypass tool on my Pre-. I just set it up with a new profile so I could use my old profile on the Veer.

I am thinking this is because I had already gotten past the "first use" steps. Not sure how it would act after a Dr though, guessing then I would need to use the bypass.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    bevcraw likes this.
    You can't use one profile on multiple 'live' devices - aren't they doing this with the TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by dinod View Post
    You can't use one profile on multiple 'live' devices - aren't they doing this with the TouchPad?
    The profile can be shared with the TouchPad and a phone but not between two phones, at least not so far.

I agree with what OldSkool said. Set up a new profile on the Pixi and put it in airplane mode and then activate Pre 2 with the first profile. I haven't tried it myself, but I plan to try it when I go from the Pre 2 to the Pre 3 (whenever that happens).
    keep in mind my original Pre still had service, as soon as I entered profile on Veer I got a notification it was being used by another device, I hit okay to move forward, then get a pop up on the Pre saying something along the lines of my device would be reset and apps wiped, click he okay to reboot, boots back up asking for palm profile, put in new palm profile and good to go.

no service since monday and both Pres on wifi, working fine for around the house whatever. Still syncs with google, etc flawlessly if anyone has a desire to do this.

also I switched profiles back and forth between the veer and pre, no issues any time I did it. Oh and the profile switching does not wipe he USB partition.

@dinod technically you are using 1 profile on 2 devices, but technically you arent. From what has been said its a one time profile sync to the TP. After that it is kinda like they are now separate profiles, data synced with the HP cloud does not sync back to the other device. If you buy an app on one device and it is compatible with the other device, you can go into the app catalog and download that app to the other device for free no problem. Other than that, at that, at this point I have not found any other communication between the devices.

HP did say both devices would have to be on the same profile for ITS, once 2.2 comes out I will be reporting on that in the Veer forum.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...