Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Seems like lots are getting the Pixi Plus because of all the fire sales and the ability to activate on Page Plus so I thought I'd post my impressions after 7 days of ownership. This is my very 1st smartphone so I'm the farthest thing from an expert. The phone I had for the last 3 years is a Motorola V750 Adventure flip phone. I've been with Verizon since the Dawn Of Time but have been out of contract for the last year. I activated this new Pixi on my current Verizon account. This phone is way to tiny for me but the smoked plastic case I installed does make it better. Without the case, I felt like I was gonna drop it all the time! I still might give the Otterbox a shot cuz I think it will add even more bulk. I'm quickly getting comfortable with a touchscreen and find it very easy to use. My texting is getting better on the tiny physical keyboard but I still hit the wrong key once in a while. Sound quality seems pretty good so far but the speaker phone is only average. Not sure about battery life yet cuz I'm still messing with it more then I usually will. I also picked up 2 of the touchstone chargers and back panel. To my surprise, it charges right through the plastic case I have installed!!!! The FREE Mobile Hotspot with 5
    GB per month is awesome!!!! I might even cancel my AT&T home internet service cuz I'm pretty sure I never use more then 5 GB per month anyway. So far I really like this little phone. Matter of fact, I just ordered another one cuz they are so cheap right now.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Hi, I am new here. Coming from Blackberry. I just ordered the Verizon Pixi Plus today and can't wait! Fishx, I thought that the free Verizon mobile hotspot was just a promotion last year? Can you confirm it is still available? Now I am even more excited!

I hope to learn the new os quickly. I was so frustrated with Blackberry in the end with the endless freezing and battery pulls. I am also looking forward to the much better screen resolution than the one on my 9930. Well, I sure I will have questions once I get my Pixi, so please have patience with an ex-blackberry user
    Last edited by benzie; 07/11/2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typos
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I activated mine on July 6th. My online Verizon account shows that there is no charge for Mobil Hotspot with 5GB of data. From what I've read online, this is a contract between Verizon and Palm which is not going away anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    That's great! Thanks so much for the info!
    I can also confirm that there is no charge for the MHS up to 5GB of data on the Pixi. I have had my Pixi Plus for several months now and saw the MHS feature on my bill and that there was no charge...but I was too afraid to use it and get charged... So I called Verizon one day to confirm and was told yes in fact it was free!! I use it all the time now and LOVE the feature!!
    I'm also gonna confirm this too, I kept seeing that mobile hotspot feature on my bill which I was very intrigued of it. I was very frighten that if I activated my hotspot feature that Verizon was gonna charged me over the usage of that wireless hotspot. It turns out that promotion is still going on currently on the Verizon network, only question remains if that feature will be kept that way for free much longer. Since Verizon starting putting caps on their Mobile Data connection, and added charges to use mobile hotspot. Let's hope that Verizon keeps that free mobile hotspot......
    fishx: just be aware that if you switch to Page Plus the mobile hotspot feature might break. I've been running my Pixi on Page Plus for about three months now, I'm generally very happy. I only tried using the hotspot once, but it locked up my phone and I had to power cycle to recover. (I have existing wifi most places I need it, so it isn't a big issue to me) Maybe it is just something with my phone, but I think I've seen other comments that mobile hotspot doesn't work on Page Plus.
    nice thread...good info...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    fishx: just be aware that if you switch to Page Plus the mobile hotspot feature might break. I've been running my Pixi on Page Plus for about three months now, I'm generally very happy. I only tried using the hotspot once, but it locked up my phone and I had to power cycle to recover. (I have existing wifi most places I need it, so it isn't a big issue to me) Maybe it is just something with my phone, but I think I've seen other comments that mobile hotspot doesn't work on Page Plus.
    Yes, MHS is one of the reasons I'm sticking with Verizon for now. I already figured that Page Plus has nothing to do with the Palm/Verizon free MHS. On another note, I was wrong about the Touchstone charger working through the hard plastic case. It loses contact and does not charge properly.