1.    #1  
    I was told that I can make my phone faster and download new software or something called overclocking. I am completly new at this and I have no clue where to start or what to do. I want to be able to make my phone the way that I want and I know there is someway for me to have more access to apps and things like that but I have no idea what to do. If someone could help me that would be great! Thank you soo much
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennysena View Post
    I was told that I can make my phone faster and download new software or something called overclocking. I am completly new at this and I have no clue where to start or what to do. I want to be able to make my phone the way that I want and I know there is someway for me to have more access to apps and things like that but I have no idea what to do. If someone could help me that would be great! Thank you soo much
    check out this thread

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...g-dummies.html

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I upgraded my brother into a VZW Palm Pre Plus a few months ago and I think it is time for him to take the next step. He is very happy with his phone but he doesn't know what he is missing as he runs at 500MHz. So this thread is dedicated to him.

These are precise, step-by-step instructions on how to overclock your Pre using Uberkernel and Govna installed with Preware. Once again, overclocking is not supported by Palm and will void your warranty blah blah blah but every one else is doing it so it's time to have the phone perform as it should and quit whining already and just do it! There has not been a single report of anyone crapping their Pre out from overclocking it. This is completely reversible so if you ever need to have your phone looked at they will not be able to tell that you ever overclocked it.

- Installing Preware

1. From your phone's main menu, type in "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", and an icon to enable developer mode will appear. Tap on it.

2. Turn developer mode on by flipping the switch and restart the device when prompted.

3. Download webOS Quickinstall by going to this link:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

Save the file in a new directory on your computer that you can easily find.

4. Go to the folder where you saved the file and open it.

You will be prompted to download webOS doctor. Click Yes.

Select your carrier and device and click Start Download.

You will see a progress bar as your download continues.

5. When your download finishes, webOS Quickinstall will launch. Click the blue down arrow.

6. The Ipkg Repository Viewer will pop up. Click the dropdown menu at the top and change the selection to "WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre)" Select the checkbox that says "Preware" and click Download. When the download finishes, click Close.

7. Connect your Pre to your PC using the USB cable. Select "Just Charge" when the USB dialog pops up on your Pre.

8. Click Install on the webOS Quick Install Program on your PC.

- Installing Govnah and Uberkernel

9. Run the Preware app on your phone. It will load feed information for about a minute.

10. Once the program loads all the feeds. Type "Govnah" and hit the Enter key. Tap on Govnah when it shows up on the search results list.

11. Click install. You will see the progress wheel as the program installs. Click Ok when Preware tells you that the Application has finished installing.

12. Perform a back gesture to bring you to the previous screen of search results. Now search for Uberkernel. Select Uberkernel from the list and tap on it.

13. Tap the Install button. When Uberkernel finishes installing, restart your phone.

- Configuring Govnah

14. When phone restarts, launch Govnah.

15. Program will launch. Tap on "I've read this, let's continue.."

16. Tap on the Profile line

17. Select Screenstate 500/800 (This is the default profile that comes programmed into Govnah)

18. Govnah will now show that you are running the Screenstate 500/800 profile, which means that your phone will be running at 800MHz with the screen on and 500MHz when the screen is off.

19. Close the program.

20. Type "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" in your main menu, tap the Enable Developer Mode icon. Turn Developer Mode off and Restart your Phone.

Have fun with your newly turbocharged phone!

(Thank you to all the developers who make this process so simple and easy for us!!!)
    oh... and welcome to the Dysfunctional family called Precentral.... Jenny...
    omg...I was so afraid to do this to my pixi+ but after seeing this, I think I might! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
    Wow...way to go P|C forum support. The webOS community truly is the best! Sorli...