1.    #1  
    I keep reading references to preware being one of the best free apps. However, when I go to the app store on the pixi it shows that its .99 cents. Not that I mind the price, but is it no longer free?
    Preware is the "appcatalog" for homebrew apps (and more).
    It's not in the hp app catalog.
    You can read more here
    Or buy the very good documentaion about homebrew, and how to install in the appcatalog here

EDIT: And yes it's the best free app you can get. It will open the wonderful world of homebrew apps for you.

EDIT2: Let me know if you don't see the links I posted (because it's your first post)
    Last edited by somline; 07/04/2011 at 12:25 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I guess I'm a little confused. What is the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" app in the app catalog? Is this something different?
    That's the homebrew documentation. Buy it and support Homebrew.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #5  
    Gotcha. I'm doing a little more reading. What is the preferred method oto install preware? Is the Webos Quick Install the easiest way?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDMB View Post
    Is the Webos Quick Install the easiest way?
    What does the "Preware Homebrew Documentation" recommend?
    Use WebOS Quick Install. It's good for other uses, too. Preware can turn your Pixi into a beast. I've upgraded to a Pre, but my Pixi was a powerful little phone. Homebrew is the best thing you can do!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDMB View Post
    Gotcha. I'm doing a little more reading. What is the preferred method oto install preware? Is the Webos Quick Install the easiest way?
    webOS Quick Install is the only way.
    Be sure to follow the directions on the front page :-) its basic and I got it done quick enough as well. Its a wonderful phone right?