Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gdgates
  1.    #1  
    if Verizon and AT&T arn't offering the Palm and Pixi Pluses than why is Sprint still offering an even older product.. Maybe they still want some Palm and some HP
    I found that odd too. Must not have the same repair rate.
    I noticed that sprint tends to leave some devices available for sale on their website for a long time, well after a product cycle is complete. The centro and various windows mobile devices are examples.
    Pixi is still a good phone, even if it's not a plus. Look at it this way... With Sprint's unlimited data plans, you don't need to fool with switching WiFi on and connecting to a network. Granted, I did add WiFi to my Pixi, but I think the Sprint Pixi is an example of keeping it simple for the consumer.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    My son had a pixi, until I upgraded him to a franken pre+ a week or so ago. Not having wifi is a pretty big setback for the Pixi, IMHO. Things just never download very fast over EVDO. It changes the whole webOS experience compared to what I had. drPodder works a lot better when it has access to wifi.

Just my $0.02
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Its stilla great very powerful phone. Especially for how small it is. Its a very marketable product. Perfect for texting,facebooking,emails.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I think the Pixi is great too. Except for ram and an older OS, it is just as capable as the latest Veer in a non-slider business style form. It could be seen as a Veer killer.

I hate that the platform is being abandoned. I'm trying to warn the next crowd that HP seems to be making big mistakes and I wonder how many units Sprint sold since the Veer launch.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Personally, I'm kind of glad they ARE still selling the Pixi. My day one Pre bit it hard and permanently today. I was all set to walk into the Sprint store and plunk a couple hundred down on the W7 phone offering, but sitting right next to it on the display was a lowly little Pixi. With WebOS. And for free. And compatible with my myriad of accessories. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. The only drawback is that I burned my upgrade allowance for the next 2 years, but oh well. I had forgotten that there's no wi-fi, which is definitely a bummer. But the keyboard is definitely better, and the battery is lasting a lot longer than the on on my Pre. So I'm happy for now at least.
    Exhnozoaa likes this.
    Yeah, I love my pixi, have had it for almost a year. I dont care much for sliders, but may consider pre3 come next year...thats if sprint ends up carrying it.

I would agree w/ libray - it could be a veer killer. I would be all over the veer if it was CDMA and on sprint network...but I aint...I would keep the pixi over veer even if it was! Especially in the following case:

Imagine if pixi was relaunched w/ faster SSD, wifi, 512MB RAM and the same processor thats in the veer...along w/ webos 2.1...
    It would freakin OWN! Heck i'd take it over the pre3!

I love the fact its still the smallest smartphone in the world! - its very impressive for its size!
    I have mixed emotions about it.
    On the one hand I own a Pixi and as a long time Treo user im addicted to the candybar format.
    On the other hand im furious with HP.
    There is no longer support for Classic.
    Other than Pre Central there is no support for the Pixi and contrary to published belief's .
    If you really need a phone that works like a Treo
    Your only real options are A Motorola XPRT or a Samsung Relplenish

It is kind of sad that there is still no phone that can out perform a Treo
    Hi. Looking for help on what my options are, (if any), for a Sprint Pixi. I like the phone, but don't want to sign up for 2 yrs. w/ Sprint. Any chance of using it with any other carriers?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbry4332 View Post
    Hi. Looking for help on what my options are, (if any), for a Sprint Pixi. I like the phone, but don't want to sign up for 2 yrs. w/ Sprint. Any chance of using it with any other carriers?
    Thanks
    You can find a Pixi fairly cheap on sites like ebay or elsewhere. Also you can find Pixi Plus's online as well, often times new, on sites like dailysteals.com. The Pixi Plus can be used with Verizon, but also with prepaid carriers like PagePlus.
    I have and love Sprint, but they are so slow to react. smh.
    Pixi going EOL on Sprint tomorrow?
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Pixi was still on in-store demo a couple of weeks ago at the actual Sprint stores in my area. Went there with my bro-inlaw so he could get a new phone and I went over to play with webos while he was getting set up with his evo.
    Checked on the website today and it was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SalazarR240 View Post
    Checked on the website today and it was gone.
    Interesting timing... Efff-you to HP from Sprint? Or are they making room for the Pre3?
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    probably getting ready for pre 3 release ;D
  19.    #19  
    and now the pixi is gone\: webOS on Sprint is dead... forever *UNLESS HTC LICENSE'S WEBOS *
    I noticed that sprint tends to leave some devices available for sale on their website for a long time, well after a product cycle is complete.