Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am pretty new to my Palm Pixi and experimenting with it. I currently do not have a data plan and have 3G turned off on my phone. I use it with Wifi in my office and I get an excellent signal. My question is with the mobile hot spot app. Since I get such a good Wifi signal, I'd like to use my Pixi as an AP essentially to connect to my Android tablet, which doesn't get a Wifi signal from my office. Is this even possible without a data plan?
    I'm pretty sure you can use MHS/FreeTether without data connection.
    The problem is: When you use the phone as AP the phone no longer has a connection to your existing router/ap. That means you may be connected to the pixi but the pixi no longer to the internet.
    I once connected my mac to my pre using bluetooth while the pre was connected to the wifi. This has worked.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yes, I did connect my tablet to the Pixi no problem, but like you say, then the Pixi is no longer connected to the Wifi, so that obviously defeats the purpose.
    I will have to see if my tablet has bluetooth and try it that way. Thanks for the advice.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    No bluetooth : (
    Guess I am out of luck.
    you can't do this. If you connect the pc to the pixi, the pixi needs 3G to connect to the internet.