This is a new field for me specially developing applications for it. But at least I will try my best, to start from somewhere to build nice apps to WebOS. I always was interested on creating apps for WebOS, despite my lack of knowledge in program coding. Being reading a lot of webistes with great information for first time builders of apps, however I had a couple of questions before I begin my little quest......

Ever Palm announced WebOS 2.1, won't be coming to older devices like palm pre+ or the Pixi+, the worst fear came to life. The inevitable will happen sooner than later- Palm decision not to support them with firmware updates anymore. I thought to myself, I don't suppose the old WebOS will see much app development either from now on. With recent news of that developers are dropping support on older devices, shifting their energy through the newer devices that palm will be releasing soon. It's to hard to blame them, however I find it unfair to me that my phone is a piece of garbage that only makes call but nothing else. It's hard for me to say that WebOS v1.4.5 is the end of the road for the legacy WebOS devices. So I wrapped my mind on the idea to see if I could still bring apps to older WebOS 1.4.5, however I don't see an SDK no more for 1.4.5 nowhere on the internet. If I decide to create apps on the newer SDK could I bring them available to the older devices by somehow scaling them down? Could Palm still allow developers to create apps for WebOS 1.4.5 ? Is there any cost involve when joining the Palm Developer community ?