1.    #1  
    I recently bought an Palm Pixi+ online, paying a nice price for it like $50 bucks(to me that is not bad at all). Being my first time using a palm phone, I'm being so happy with the phone its a great intuitive software(slightly better than the Iphone/Ipod Touch). However, my experience with the WebOS it has been a somewhat lackluster when it comes to applications on the app catalog. There is nothing to download at all, plus the sadness to hear that Palm drop support for the older devices and there is no more software update for them in the future. I want to bring new life to the phone with the Homebrew apps, yet I'm no expert with these hacking to install Homebrew apps. I will to know to perfectly do this installing on my phone without bricking it or render it useless. Are there any tips on doing this ? Are there any security risk involved ?
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a lot, woodmaster.....

Just a quick questions, with installing the preware- are there any risk involve of bricking the device ? I dare to ask, since my palm pixi is my main phone at the moment...I will like to keep it that way.
    Reading this link there is a lot of helpful information that may answer a lot of your questions and its all useful info to know :

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...w-ramp-up.html
    pre and pixi are pretty much unbrickable so long as you don't mind the possibility of having to use a recovery tool: How To Recover - WebOS Internals
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the tip, I had a little bit of a trouble this couple of days with the installation. Maybe just wandering if you could provide a step-by-step to see if I could install the preware on my device. I was trying to install the program:": WebOS Quick Install" however I can't update my computer with the latest java software, it does matter if I don't have the latest java to download that program ?