Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Hi
    I have a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus
    Can i put Centro At&t communication board in Pixi
    Are the communication boards compatible ?
    and has anybody done that ?

    i will use these thread as a guide to change it
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ok-inside.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rks-100-a.html
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuduku View Post
    Hi
    I have a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus
    Can i put Centro At&t communication board in Pixi
    Are the communication boards compatible ?
    and has anybody done that ?

    i will use these thread as a guide to change it
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ok-inside.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rks-100-a.html
    Why the heck would you want to do this? Not that its possible or not possible, but the point is you'd be putting electronics capable of only EDGE data speeds (150- 190K) into a device designed to run at 3G data speeds (3G - 7G).

    BTW, I seriously doubt it's even possible to do this!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuduku View Post
    Hi
    I have a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus
    Can i put Centro At&t communication board in Pixi
    Are the communication boards compatible ?
    and has anybody done that ?

    i will use these thread as a guide to change it
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...ok-inside.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rks-100-a.html
    First of all .. No its not possible as the dimensions of the centro are different.. The screen on the centro is a smaller screen size as well as a thicker Resistive screen, as opposed to a thinner capacitive one of the pixi..

    Second even if you can squish the centro board into the pixi the connecting flex cables have different connectors

    Third.. Even if you managed around that.. The cpu ram chipsets are all different and on top of it all you wouldn't have a working keyboard..

    So I guess what I'm trying to say is.. No =P

    I know why you want to but .. This would be an abomination.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    ok got that
    will not attempt it
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This would be an abomination.
    good choice of words
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

    So I guess what I'm trying to say is.. No =P

    I know why you want to but .. This would be an abomination.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just wanted to put GSM communication board in a Verizon Palm Pixi plus
    thats all
    Simple requirement.....
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuduku View Post
    Just wanted to put GSM communication board in a Verizon Palm Pixi plus
    thats all
    Simple requirement.....
    Yeah I understand why .. But still an abomination =P



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions