Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I used to have Palm pre plus about 6 months back. I went to blackberry and droid to be honestly I wasnít so happy with either. I found me a good deal on ebay for a Palm pixi plus that is being shipped to me today.
    Does Verizon wireless still offer FREE 3G hotspot?
    Also what are your thoughts about Pixi compared to Pre. Iím sure Iíll be just as happy

Thanks,
    John
    I have a friend who went with a Pixi and loves it. His is on Sprint and does not have WIFI by default that limits its ability in my eyes. I'd recommend getting a Pixi Plus if you can and the cranking the processor with one of webOS internals Uberkernal for Pixi. Not sure which one works best, but Uberkernal is very stable and has made my Pre- running 2.1 much much better.

BTW, welcome back! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiuser View Post
    Hi,
    I used to have Palm pre plus about 6 months back. I went to blackberry and droid to be honestly I wasnít so happy with either. I found me a good deal on ebay for a Palm pixi plus that is being shipped to me today.
    Also what are your thoughts about Pixi compared to Pre. Iím sure Iíll be just as happy

Thanks,
    John
    Why not pre-2?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiuser View Post
    Also what are your thoughts about Pixi compared to Pre. I’m sure I’ll be just as happy

Thanks,
    John
    I activated a Pixi Plus on Verizon last week and it does come with the mobile hotspot. I'm having a little fun with it right now. It is a great lightweight little phone when you don't need a larger screen and the keyboard is as good as everyone has said it is. The Pixi will become my backup phone when the Pre 3 comes out on Verizon next month (we hope). At that time I'll retire my unlocked Pre 2 on ATT for a while. I love the Pre 2, but the ATT signal in my area is terrible.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 06/20/2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added a thought
    the smaller screen may take some getting used to, but the pixi's keyboard is exponentially better.
    the pre is faster no matter which way you slice it. Overclocking the pixi does help though.

you can't run programs in the background on the pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    the pre is faster no matter which way you slice it. Overclocking the pixi does help though.

Odd. Someone should take my Pixi+ back, its clearly broken then. I do that all the time.

Who told you that? That's not true at all.

That's not true?