Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    So I came home from work today, and my wife'a AT&T 1.4.5 Pixi+ won't turn on at all. I've tried to get it into recovery mode, but the screen won't even turn on...with the power plugged in, holding the up button, etc.

I was running Uberkernel @ 806 MHz...but that shouldn't matter (!)

Any advice?
    Was the Pixi on a touchstone when the problem occured? I've had a defect touchstone that killed my device for three times... until Palm agreed to exchange the touchstone too...

If even recoverymode doesn't work - try to charge the device for some hours... when nothing works after that you have to send it in...
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Thanks - no, it was not on the TS. Apparently the phone was acting up, and a reboot wasn't helping, so we did a battery pull...and the phone won't turn on at all now...or at least it doesn't appear to do so.

I suppose the screen could be broken as well.
    I would recommend doctoring the pixi.

http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki/How_To_Recover?wasRedirected=true

you can download webos doctor directly from the palm troubleshooting site.

it should restore the phone to factory as these phones are amost unbrickable.

if it doesn't respond to doctoring you may want to start looking for a new phone.

good luck
    Last edited by Xethur; 06/15/2011 at 08:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I would love to doctor it...but the next button is grayed out because the phone is off, and won't boot at all (including into recovery mode).

Looks like it's time to buy a veer. I'm hoping all of the at&t profile issues are worked out and that all of my memos transfer down...since save/restore doesn't support memos and they're only stored in the palm profile!
    Have you left the phone plugged into a charger for 20 mins or more to be sure it's not just low on battery?

Have you any way to charge the battery in another device to verify that this is not the issue also?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Yes, I left it plugged in...

I only have a pre and the pixi. I think the batteries are different so I can't charge one in the other...
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Update - walked into my local at&t device support center, told them the phone wouldn't boot.

The rep plugged it in and told me it was overheating, and couldn't turn it on.

She swapped my sim, battery, and cover onto a new/refurb phone and I walked out.

She didn't ask any questions about overclocking or custom kernels. Of course I would have removed them first given the opportunity.