Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brianharr123 View Post
    Just took my palm pixi 9 minutes to start.......9 minutes...9

cue the excuses...or cue the stupid "patch" i need to download
    My friend has a Pixi, and my other friend's girlfriend has a Pixi, and it takes 2-3 minutes tops. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Sounds like user error to me.
    giggles likes this.
    Just took my palm pixi 9 minutes to start.......9 minutes...9

I use this simple fix...never turn it off.
    Sometimes I wonder if all you Palm lovers have been living in a bubble a bit a too long....Maybe you have no idea as to how quick and reliable other phones are....bc there are way to many hitches in my phone to even compare it to other smartphones...
    I think you're right. I've been auditioning webOS and Pixi Plus for the past month. Although there are some things to love about them, it's just not good enough. I tried PreWare and some patches to make things work better but I've come to the conclusion that I was working for the phone way too much when the phone should be working for me.

It's great that webOS allows these sorts of modifications and that people have set up an easy way for fellow users to access those modifications in their equipment, but there's a fine line between making it work better and making up for inadequacies.
    ^I disagree...and have been using for over a year, not in "audition" mode but real use.

WebOS platform and the phone itself (you claim you are working too hard for the Pixi) are 2 different topics. You can't dog webOS due to the Pixi being somewhat anemic.

I have been using a Pixi Plus for over a year. There is no other phone out there that is this unobtrusive, yet still delivers what the Pixi does. Sure, it ain't the Bentley of smartphones....but it wasn't made to be.

As far as webOS, it is fabulous. Nothing more needs to be said. If the Pixi is disappointing, go buy a Pre, Pre 2, or Veer and see if you don't change your mind.
    The pre is a joke these days, the pre 2 is so so, the veer on the other hand.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12