Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By K3ntz
  1.    #1  
    I recently bought a Palm Pixi Plus (unlocked) and updated it to 1.45 over wifi, I didn't try the app catalog before updating but now whenever I open it I get an error message "The action could not be completed. Try again later."
    walik likes this.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Exactly the same happend to my Pixi, few days ago. I got the same message.
    Can anybody help us here?
    u need to install the bypass patch and first use app from preware to get access fo the catalog.
    I'm coping with this for two months now, palm support didn't help
    here's a post and subsequent discussion with rod who tried to help. check if you get the same errors in the logs.

edit:heres the url,sth is wrong with the redirect in pprecentral;
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2966465
    Last edited by kamazepine; 06/12/2011 at 06:52 PM.
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks, but I use webOS 1.4.5.
    I'm not very familiar with "install the bypass patch" so please give me more directions, Cantaffordit.
    As far as I understand, kamazepine, Impostah can't be used for 1.4.5
    Appreciate your effort!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies so far but I haven't managed to solve it yet :/ Same issue as saltsaint, I couldn't find the bypass patch and Impostah doesn't seem to work for 1.4.5.
    If you guys have a working data connection:
    Device Info > Reset Options > Erase Apps & Data.

If you don't have a working data connection:
    Option a: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ation-etc.html
    Option b: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-1-4-5-a.html (not sure if this worls for Pixi)

Also, if you're asking for help, it would be wise to include info such as type of device (CDMA/GSM) and carrier/location.
    I'm ont that same boat....
    I just got a brand new Pixi Plus at a retailer, it did not asked me to log in with an account but the app catalog would not load, I have created my account and verified it and the phone shows on my account profile but the catalog keeps crashing.....
    Were you able to get it fixed?
    BTW, I'm on Palm webOS 1.4.5 with an ATT1.1 configuration
    I Have The same problem,But I Have Had my pixi Doctored with The Bypass Patch installed
    I'm having the same problem, any advice?
    Change language setting to other language, eg english american to english united kingdom.
    Have an old sim that was valid at one point? Pop it in, turn on the 2g radio, let it grab signal. I found that my Pixi would lose authentication token (or so I believe) if it was on WiFi for more than a day or so and had been reset.

The only way I could app catalog or backup was to get this authentication back by turning on the 2g radio periodically on my expired SIM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Same thing :/ i bought a pixi plus from USA (i live in Costa Rica, Central America) and i would really really like to manege to use the app catalog please some1 help!!!!
    it's not working.. someone help me please ? :/
    friends
    1) first download the webos quick install open it and connect ur phone and download and install preware.
    2)in ur phone open preware (before opening make sure ur connected to internet) now open list of everything and start typing first use app and install it
    3)after install close preware and open the the first use app and register for a palm profile.
    4)the device will restart by itself and now you will be able to access ur app catalog.

If anyone has trouble going through this pm me.
    Quote Originally Posted by prashanth007 View Post
    friends
    1) first download the webos quick install open it and connect ur phone and download and install preware.
    2)in ur phone open preware (before opening make sure ur connected to internet) now open list of everything and start typing first use app and install it
    3)after install close preware and open the the first use app and register for a palm profile.
    4)the device will restart by itself and now you will be able to access ur app catalog.

getting an error when opening the app catalog "action could not be completed" Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by aliazoues View Post
    getting an error when opening the app catalog "action could not be completed" Any suggestions?
    did u try the steps and still getting an error?
    Quote Originally Posted by prashanth007 View Post
    friends

Hmm. Step 3 "Open "First Use" app. When I do that I have a blue sky with some wispy clouds. No option for registering for a Palm Profile. Not sure why I'd want to do that anyhow because I *have* a Palm profile.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smscotten View Post
    Hmm. Step 3 "Open "First Use" app. When I do that I have a blue sky with some wispy clouds. No option for registering for a Palm Profile. Not sure why I'd want to do that anyhow because I *have* a Palm profile.
    I get this message way more than I should. I think it must be some kind of network traffic issue, not an issue with your phone.