1.    #1  
    I've downloaded and installed FreeTether on my Pixi (1.4.5), DHCP and IP forwarding are both green, USB tethering is on...but there's no connection to my PC. I've been googling for 3 1/2 hours and have been unable to find anything walking me through this, so I have no idea where I went wrong or what other apps I need. Everything is at least a year old and outdated.

I downloaded the newest freeTether through WebOS QuickInstall, which suddenly no longer recognizes my device. How can I make this work?
    I don't know if this will work for you, but I had the same issue, read in this forum that you have to remove Mobile Hotspot from your phone. I removed Mobile Hotspot and Free Tether worked fine for me after that.
  3.    #4  
    I can't find freetetherd anywhere or an answer to why i can't find it.
    I've gone through every step in that guide and gotten every one working.
    But when I open freetether, no connections. My computer even see I'm connecting to a local network, but no internet. Must be freetetherd? Where the heck is it?

In my networks it says I am connected to Local 3 at 418 Mbps and have been for 20 minutes. No network access. What am I missing?
  4.    #5  
    I don't think I've ever had mobile hotspot? I'm on Sprint and never downloaded it or tried to use it.
  5.    #6  
    Here's my step by step:

1. Download WebOS Quick Install, inc Novacom and WebDoctor. After this point, nothing resembling Novacom can be found anywhere on my computer or phone and the only mention I can find is the "reinstall Novacom" button under file. I have done so twice, just in case.
    2. Download/install Preware
    3. connect to both testing feeds, ALL and ARMV6
    4. Download Freetether (freetetherd cannot be found anywhere)
    5. Download Terminal through Preware
    6. On computer, do Device Manager > Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device > Update Drivers>blahblah ..this is done fine and all yellow exclamation points are gone.
    7. open terminal, type in "usbnet enable", then "reboot"
    8. after rebooting, select "Just Charge", open FreeTether, see all green lights, says it's not connected to any devices
    9. Computer says I am connected to a network with no internet, phone says I am not connected to my computer, and I am going to shoot myself in the f*ing face if I have to spend another 3 hours trying to see what I missed. All these guides jump in in the middle or reference other programs without any explanation. I really need to start from the bottom and I just have no clue how to do it right.
    Last edited by gamerno4; 06/02/2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Are you on a MAC though? That does not work with USB.
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerno4 View Post
    Here's my step by step:

1. Download WebOS Quick Install, inc Novacom and WebDoctor. After this point, nothing resembling Novacom can be found anywhere on my computer or phone and the only mention I can find is the "reinstall Novacom" button under file. I have done so twice, just in case.
    2. Download/install Preware
    3. connect to both testing feeds, ALL and ARMV6
    4. Download Freetether (freetetherd cannot be found anywhere)
    5. Download Terminal through Preware
    6. On computer, do Device Manager > Remote NDIS Internet Sharing Device > Update Drivers>blahblah ..this is done fine and all yellow exclamation points are gone.
    7. open terminal, type in "usbnet enable", then "reboot"
    8. after rebooting, select "Just Charge", open FreeTether, see all green lights, says it's not connected to any devices
    9. Computer says I am connected to a network with no internet, phone says I am not connected to my computer, and I am going to shoot myself in the f*ing face if I have to spend another 3 hours trying to see what I missed. All these guides jump in in the middle or reference other programs without any explanation. I really need to start from the bottom and I just have no clue how to do it right.
    We have the exact same problem and followed the exact same steps.
    I still cant get it to work