1.    #1  
    noticed today they have the pixi back on their site as a free smartphone w/contract

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...dt_phones&ptn=
    Last edited by arxb2; 06/02/2011 at 12:19 PM.
    No one's gonna buy it. I'd like to switch my pixi for a pre any day.
    You can put 2.1 on it
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    No one's gonna buy it. I'd like to switch my pixi for a pre any day.
    I bought three!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    I bought three!
    I also have a second one in case my current dies. It's interesting that Sprint does this after the Veer on AT&T. Indeed, they could market the Pixi as a "tiny YET fully capable smartphone".
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    I also have a second one in case my current dies. It's interesting that Sprint does this after the Veer on AT&T. Indeed, they could market the Pixi as a "tiny YET fully capable smartphone".
    Capable? Really? The only thing the Pixi is capable of is breaking my nerves
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Capable? Really? The only thing the Pixi is capable of is breaking my nerves
    that's only because you strive to accomplish the impossible

thanks for your support of the pixi.
    I really want my girlfriend to get a Pixi when she moves to Sprint with me sometime soon, but I can't just recommend it in good conscience with its lack of wifi. Although it's not like she would really be a "power user", so maybe she wouldn't notice.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Back? It's been offered for free w/contract on the Sprint site for months...
    Really? The Pixi is so obsolete Sprint should be paying people $100 to take it under contract.
    And the fact that some apps are restricted to the Pre. Isn't it because the pixi has an armv6 instead of a 7?
    its cost me $30 to add wifi to my pixi.

the pixi isn't that obsolete....my work phone is a samsung knack on verizon.

and the app restrictions is more 2.1 vs 1.4.5 issue then a armv6 vs 7.
    Thirty Bucks? I was thinking about 10 instead. You have a point about the 2.1 restrictions but what about before that? I just wonder why Palm would make a phone that's weaker than the pre. I'm betting that If the pixi had the same specs (or better specs) as the pre but with the same candy bar form factor, then They'd probably sell faster than happy meals.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Guys cant forget its a very old phone. And holds its weight quite well. Sprint just took it down and back up as a marketing ploy. Its a good phone for them to sell regardless.
    Please, nothing wrong with the Pixi. Everyone is just so full of "gottahavethenewsh*tnow" syndrome that they turn their noses up at it. Still quite happy with my Sprint Pixi.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    I really want my girlfriend to get a Pixi when she moves to Sprint with me sometime soon, but I can't just recommend it in good conscience with its lack of wifi. Although it's not like she would really be a "power user", so maybe she wouldn't notice.
    I am in the process of putting WiFi on my Sprint Pixi, but I have noticed that with more casual users, WiFi is unnecessary. Turning it on and connecting to a WiFi network is an extra step that they don't want to have to think about. Just fire up the browser and go.

Even though I am putting WiFi in my Sprint Pixi, I probably will use it only rarely. If I'm at home, I prefer to use my computer if I need to get online.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    .... The Pixi's been on Sprint since 2009..... has has never been removed off the website?