1.    #1  
    When I plug the charger in to my phone I can see the battery pack on the screen (as though charging) but it is incredibly faded.

Previously, even if my phone died bc the battery was too low, as soon as I plugged the phone in the screen / battery symbol was just as bright as when the phone has full power. I also left it like this for some time without noticing any real improvement in the apparent battery life.

Has anybody seen this happen before??
    I know you have a pixi but you may want to look into this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ry-screan.html
    h t t p://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/283270-palm-pre-stuck-low-battery-screan.html
  3.    #3  
    When I try connecting via USB, my computer acknowledges a connection but says it does not recognize the device (USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.)

Is it dead??
    Quote Originally Posted by mollmalloy View Post
    When I try connecting via USB, my computer acknowledges a connection but says it does not recognize the device (USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.)

Is it dead??
    I think that means nothing. Did you follow the mentioned thread?
    Did you try everything posted there. Do you have a second battery.
    How old is your battery?