1.    #1  
    I've tried installing the fstab patch in order to enable saving of games but for some reason it won't work :/ I don't know what else to do any help is appreciated.
    Works for me.
  3.    #3  
    Is there any way I could manually enable write access or whatever?
    I wouldn't try that just yet. Someone more knowledgeable will come along and help you figure out why the patch isn't working. Manually editing your fstab should be absolutely the last option.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  5.    #5  
    Okay will do hopefully I an get some help on this without having to doctor my phone or anything
    Some details of "not work" would help
  7.    #7  
    None of my games will save it's as simple as that. Apps that need to save progress can't and when reopened you have to start anew.
    Maybe my question was not good enouph. Did you get an error installing the patch?

If you have a linux shell to the device:
    cat /etc/fstab
    /dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat utf8,shortname=mixed,umask=0000 0 0
    You should see the "umask=0000" entry. If not the patch hasn't worked

Details here

EDIT: Did you have rebooted after patch install? I think it's needed.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah I've tried everything :/ and the new 1.4.5.1 update didn't fix anything either. I did it as a last resort because I knew the patch wouldn't work on it and now this doesn't even do anything..
    Have you tried deleting and reinstalling one of the games? I had NFSU glitch on me and continually lose save data until I deleted and reinstalled (this was LONG after the 1.4.5 update and using the fix tool).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    I'll give this a go thanks
    i updated to 1.4.5.1 and the fstab patch will not work for me either. says its only needed for 1.4.5 in the error message. and thats on a palm pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by thednbselecta View Post
    i updated to 1.4.5.1 and the fstab patch will not work for me either. says its only needed for 1.4.5 in the error message. and thats on a palm pre.
    That patch was only needed if you got 1.4.5 from an OTA update. Doctored devices with 1.4.5 do not need this. Presumably the 1.4.5.1 OTA update either fixes this or the assumption is that there are no 1.4.5 devices that got OTA updates that have not been subsequently fixed. I'm not sure this is true but I wonder if that's related.
  14.    #14  
    I just reinstalled one app that was having a problem with saving (snes emulator) and it still can't create save states after updating to 1.4.5.1 so I'm assuming the only fix to this would be to doctor back to 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    I just reinstalled one app that was having a problem with saving (snes emulator) and it still can't create save states after updating to 1.4.5.1 so I'm assuming the only fix to this would be to doctor back to 1.4.5?
    Did you do the steps below to verify that the FSTAB problem was the actual issue?

Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Maybe my question was not good enouph. Did you get an error installing the patch?

If you have a linux shell to the device:

You should see the "umask=0000" entry. If not the patch hasn't worked

Details here

EDIT: Did you have rebooted after patch install? I think it's needed.
  16.    #16  
    I'm not quite sure how to do that but I will if someone could just help me manually check/write access
    I just downloaded snes emulator from app catalog and save states are working for the 4 roms I have. Just installed 1.4.5.1 update and do not have the fstab patch.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks for the input was there anything you did to enable save states? Anything I may have missed?
  19.    #19  
    I got it to work! It turns out all of my other apps were saving so I toyed around with the emulator and for some reason my roms weren't in the media internals file so it didn't save where I had them but thanks everyone!