1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm new to Palm devices and got some questions before I - eventually - buy a Pixi plus while waiting for the Pre 3 to come out later.

- Is there a two-way sync for google calender?
    - Is the google calendar/contact and e-mail sync "push" enabled?
    - Can Pixi's calendar show/sync all sub-calendars from one google account?
    - Can I add more then one exchange account to the pixi?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentaric View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to Palm devices and got some questions before I - eventually - buy a Pixi plus while waiting for the Pre 3 to come out later.

- Is there a two-way sync for google calender?
    - Is the google calendar/contact and e-mail sync "push" enabled?
    - Can Pixi's calendar show/sync all sub-calendars from one google account?
    - Can I add more then one exchange account to the pixi?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Rentaric, and welcome to the P|C forums!

Here are some answers for you:

Q: Is there a two-way sync for google calender?
    A: Yes, that function is built-in to the webOS design. All Google calenders, contacts, and email will sync through Synergy

Q: Is the google calendar/contact and e-mail sync "push" enabled?
    A: Yes, and with email you can set the account to delay sync times if you wish

Q: Can Pixi's calendar show/sync all sub-calendars from one google account?
    A: Yes, you can set that function up

Q: Can I add more then one exchange account to the pixi?
    A: Yes, you can add multiple Exchange accounts to webOS phones.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi Rentaric, and welcome to the P|C forums!

Here are some answers for you:

Q: Is there a two-way sync for google calender?
    A: Yes, that function is built-in to the webOS design. All Google calenders, contacts, and email will sync through Synergy

Q: Is the google calendar/contact and e-mail sync "push" enabled?
    A: Yes, and with email you can set the account to delay sync times if you wish

Q: Can Pixi's calendar show/sync all sub-calendars from one google account?
    A: Yes, you can set that function up

Q: Can I add more then one exchange account to the pixi?
    A: Yes, you can add multiple Exchange accounts to webOS phones.
    Wow, thanks a lot. One last question before I'll pull the trigger.
    Will the battery last me a full day with push sync activated, 2g, ~2h calls, write 10-15 mails/texts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentaric View Post
    Wow, thanks a lot. One last question before I'll pull the trigger.
    Will the battery last me a full day with push sync activated, 2g, ~2h calls, write 10-15 mails/texts?
    Yes it could last all day. You may wanna install some patches to help with this as well. I still have a Pre- with the samne battery.

What can you do with your phone when its the stock OS?

Turn the brightness of your screen down! - This will help you out the most. There is no need to have it fully turned up. Mine sits at 40% and it never changes. Its very bright.

Turn Location Services off - If your not using the GPS then having it run in the background will only kill your battery.

Turn Bluetooth off - Again unless you use it then Id turn it off.

Email - If you don't need email right away set it to check only every 15 minutes or go back even longer if you want. Real time can be a battery drain.

Patches?

Keyboard brightness is a useful one to help save on battery life.

Top Bar Remix - They will allow you easy access to the GPS/Bluetooth/RADIO access.

Phone Radio - This will allow you to control your data/3G/2G signals.

Roam Only - This is VERY useful if your in a bad area. If the radio has to keep searching then its wasting your battery.

Apps?

Dr. Battery! - This will help you get the most out of your battery.

Now this is just a SMALL list of what you can do. Some of these options may not even increase the usage a lot. Together is where it makes a difference.

Hope this helps you out!

Also check around the forums and do some research. Their is a TON of useful information at your finger tips! Don't be shy to ask questions!

PS. It's also never a bad idea to carry a touchstone or extra battery around with you! Just in case you do need more battery power. Plus Amazon.com is selling them at like $3...So why not right?

- CJ
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Yes it could last all day. You may wanna install some patches to help with this as well. I still have a Pre- with the samne battery.
    My friend has a son with a Pixi Plus. He was barely getting through a day until he installed Mode Switcher and setup a power management profile that essentially tracks apps and turns on and off phone data as needed. This helped him stretch to 3 days.

Turn the brightness of your screen down! - This will help you out the most. There is no need to have it fully turned up. Mine sits at 40% and it never changes. Its very bright.
    In direct sunlight I still need 100%. I like using brightness unlinked rather than top bar patches. I have gone away from any and all patches for a while now and I am happier with the performance of my phone.

Turn Location Services off - If your not using the GPS then having it run in the background will only kill your battery.
    My own experience is that this is a minor issue - the GPS goes to sleep unless you force it on. I would turn off background data collection perhaps but otherwise I don't see this saving a lot unless you have a gps enabled app running all the time - in which case you'd best have gps on anyway.

Turn Bluetooth off - Again unless you use it then Id turn it off.
    I find this to have a minimal impact since again it sleeps to a degree. I would use Dr. Battery or Govnah or Battery Monitor to view battery use in various modes and make an informed decision on this. If you get down to low battery - by all means turn everything off that isn't nailed down! But normal use doesn't seem to warrent this on my device (Pre Plus).

Email - If you don't need email right away set it to check only every 15 minutes or go back even longer if you want. Real time can be a battery drain.
    In THEORY - and I cannot confirm testing this - the IMAP "as items arrive" is pretty power efficient vs. every 15 mins IF you do not get mail more often than every 15 mins.

Patches?
    Keyboard brightness is a useful one to help save on battery life.

Top Bar Remix - They will allow you easy access to the GPS/Bluetooth/RADIO access.

Phone Radio - This will allow you to control your data/3G/2G signals.

Roam Only - This is VERY useful if your in a bad area. If the radio has to keep searching then its wasting your battery.
    As I mentioned I have been avoiding patches for a while (since my replaced device / doctor) and I have been happier. I miss some functionality but I feel the device is more responsive and less power hungry.

Apps?

Dr. Battery! - This will help you get the most out of your battery.
    Dr. Battery is fun - but not likely a big deal unless your battery is having issues. Battery Monitor is a better app for general use in that you can graph the battery use and test various configurations to find the best configuration.

In general I think your reply was great - but I just wanted to add my own experience as a counterpoint.
    Good post Unclevanya

EDIT: I liked Charlotte a lot ;-)