1.    #1  
    Please understand that I am new to WebOS and the Palm Pixie. I have used the search feature but haven't come upon any info that seems to be pertinent to my problem so thanks in advance for your patience and help.

PROBLEM: I have downloaded preware to my phone and thought I had followed all of the instructions for installing files to my Mac. I have WeOsDoctor and WebOSQuickinstall in my finder folder. I have novacom in the same folder. I have my phone connected via usb cable and set to "charge only". I am able to download apps from the Precentral App Gallery Feed using WebOSQuickinstaller.

However, I get no indication that Quickinstall is recognizing my pixi and when I attempt to install the apps on the phone I get this error message: ipkg:invalid magic...Return value 22.

Any help out there?
    You should just be using Preware to view Homebrew apps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You should just be using Preware to view Homebrew apps.
    Thank you, but I don't understand how your response helps me solve my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygee View Post
    Thank you, but I don't understand how your response helps me solve my problem.
    he is saying that you shiukd use the standalone preware installer. Once preware is installed on your phone, get your patches and homebrew goodness from within preware.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    he is saying that you shiukd use the standalone preware installer. Once preware is installed on your phone, get your patches and homebrew goodness from within preware.
    Got it. I just successfully did just that. Thank you, I appreciate your explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by phucdaigia09 View Post
    Hmmm where have I read that before

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Oh right there..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums