webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > YouTube client: video and audio out-of-sync
YouTube client: video and audio out-of-sync

Old 05/05/2011, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey,

I have a Pixi Plus with a patch that opens the YouTube client after I select a video to watch. It usually plays just fine, but recently the video lags for a second at the start and so the audio is out-of-sync.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance
pLUSpISTOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/05/2011, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL View Post
Hey,

I have a Pixi Plus with a patch that opens the YouTube client after I select a video to watch. It usually plays just fine, but recently the video lags for a second at the start and so the audio is out-of-sync.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance

what patch is it?
pezman726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/05/2011, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its overclocked sdownclock it to stock kernel works fine now.
74sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2011, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Sorry I don't have my Pixi on me atm but will find out the patch asap.

@74sickness, are you saying it's because my Pixi is overclocked? (which it is) so the only way is to put it back to stock settings?
Old 05/06/2011, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hey guys,

I think this is a huge problem with YouTube content in general. Some videos I watch have no problems, while others start out fine but get out of sync later in the video. This happens on my computer, and trust me, there ain't nothin' wrong with my computer. I find it usually happens on content recorded in 720p/1080p that has to be downscaled, but it can even happen when there is no downscaling at all. I only just started noticing it last few weeks. I think I remember reading somewhere that YouTube was beginning to re-encode all their movies (or something of the sort).

All that being said it could still be an issue with your Pixi.

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pLUSpISTOL
Old 05/06/2011, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry I don't have my Pixi on me atm but will find out the patch asap.

@74sickness, are you saying it's because my Pixi is overclocked? (which it is) so the only way is to put it back to stock settings?
Ya thats the problem, go into govnah go to stock 600 mhz kernal set it then restart the phone open up youtube and everything will be in sync. Try it and let me know always works for me.
74sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by guilledil, pLUSpISTOL
Old 05/08/2011, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hey guys,

@fxspec06, you could be right it might be something to do with YouTube, unbelievably yesterday a watched a video with no problem at all!! I guess we'll just have to see what happens over the next week or so, maybe we'll be okay from now on.

@74sickness, your fix makes sense but just before I was going to try it the above happened lol, unbelievable! Not that I am complaining. I'll see what happens over the next week or so and if it comes back I'll try clocking back to stock.

Cheers!
Old 11/05/2012, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

hi there,

i know this is a 1.5 years old thread but i was having the youtube problem (audio out of sync) and didnīt suspect the reason was the overclocking. Went back to 600mhz but with some other tweaked Govnah settings and it works great.

great tip!

Last edited by guilledil; 11/08/2012 at 04:29 PM.
guilledil is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HondaPixi

Tags
pixi, sync, youtube

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0