1.    #1  
    I currently have a Droid Incredible and want to try webOS again. Will Verizon let me keep my current $15 data plan(no longer offered by verizon) if I switch to the Pixi +. What about switching back to the DINC?
    You'll be fine as long as you don't renew your contract. And considering you can often find the Pixi Plus for 50-100 off-contract you should be fine there too.

As for switching between phones, just put the one you're not using in airplane mode or shut it off.
    I think you can keep the $15 data plan if you already have it (even if you do renew your contract). I think once you change or drop there is no getting it back.

I have the $15 data plan. I am hopeful I can keep it when I upgrade in October.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    If you are able to keep that plan be sure to report back if the free mobile hotspot is there too - that would be an awesome deal!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    I think you can keep the $15 data plan if you already have it (even if you do renew your contract). I think once you change or drop there is no getting it back.

I have the $15 data plan. I am hopeful I can keep it when I upgrade in October.
    I belive they will let you keep the data plan for 1 more renewal. I know that I could get one of those "3G Multimedia Phones" without a data plan because my last update was before they enforced the data plan. Verizon says they will be bringing the tired plans back by this summer. They went to only unlimited data so they could get ATT users to go to Verizon for the iPhone 4 and that unlimited data was for "a short time only". An October upgrade shouldn't be a issue because the tired data plans should be back.
    Last edited by ppixi; 05/04/2011 at 09:07 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    If you are able to keep that plan be sure to report back if the free mobile hotspot is there too - that would be an awesome deal!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    I will report if that works because with this I can turn on the hotspot and any data I use will be used from 5 GB. instead of the 150 MB. It would be like getting 5 GB of data free. Keeping the mobile hotspot app on will drain the battery faster.

EDIT:I first need to see if the palm developer program will give me another pixi because mine was stolen but now I think they only have the $200 off pre 2. I don't want to spend $50 on a phone I might not use except for developing apps.
    Alright here's my story. I had a enV touch and heard that they were doing away with the $15 data plan so I got it on the touch knowing that I was ordering a Pixi from Daily steals off contract. When I went into the Verizon store to activate my new Pixi(remember I already had the $15 data plan) the guy there activated my phone and switched me to the $30 plan without ever telling me. I flipped out!! His supervisor claimed that there was nothing they could do and I had to take the $30 plan. I went home and call Verizon Customer Service and they switched me back to the $15 plan immediately and said there was no reason for the store to do what they did... So after getting my Pixi set up and having the $15 data plan back in place I called customer service again to ask about the mobile hotspot...they stated as long as I had a data plan of $15 or higher I could use the mobile hotspot for free (up to 5GB)
    So I have a Pixi with a $15 data plan and free mobile hotspot... I LOVE it!!!
    the data plan is tied to the phone model. The data plan you have isn't available for the pixi.

but it may still be cheaper because you have tethering included.
    I have a Pixi+ on Verizon with the $15 data plan. I have never inquired about the mobile hot spot.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by themuttcutter View Post
    Alright here's my story. I had a enV touch and heard that they were doing away with the $15 data plan so I got it on the touch knowing that I was ordering a Pixi from Daily steals off contract. When I went into the Verizon store to activate my new Pixi(remember I already had the $15 data plan) the guy there activated my phone and switched me to the $30 plan without ever telling me. I flipped out!! His supervisor claimed that there was nothing they could do and I had to take the $30 plan. I went home and call Verizon Customer Service and they switched me back to the $15 plan immediately and said there was no reason for the store to do what they did... So after getting my Pixi set up and having the $15 data plan back in place I called customer service again to ask about the mobile hotspot...they stated as long as I had a data plan of $15 or higher I could use the mobile hotspot for free (up to 5GB)
    So I have a Pixi with a $15 data plan and free mobile hotspot... I LOVE it!!!
    How'd they put on a data plan that doesn't exist anymore? Was this before March? I'm curious because I want to also buy a iPhone 4(no contract) for another line that has the $15 data plan and I know the verizon iPhone 4 came out after the tired data was axed.

I also saw a post saying that you couldn't get unlimited data on the pixi because it didn't have the 150mb plan(something about it being tied to the phone model) but the Pixi + had it like every other smartphone or "3G Multimedia Phone" did until it was axed.
    Last edited by ppixi; 05/06/2011 at 06:18 AM.
    Vcast VXsomething->iPhone 2g(GoPhone)->Samsung Intensity->LG Versa->Palm PIXI AT&T(Never Activated)-> Droid Incredible->Verizon Pre 2
    I had the $15 data plan on my old phone BEFORE they stopped offering it. It was only when I tried to activate my new Pixi at the store that they removed it and put on the $30 plan. BUT when I called customer service they stated that because I had the $15 plan originally they would put it back on . You definitely can no longer get the $15 plan unless you have it now...and need to activate a new phone.. they can't take it away from you if you have it already..and the hotspot works for free on the $15 plan!