Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a Pixi Plus as I have always loved WebOS but never had anything of my own with the OS. The one I can find is the CMDA one. Anyone know if I could use it prepaid either on Verizon or another carrier without having to flash it or anything?

-Thanks.
    You can use it prepaid on Verizon and any MVNOs that use Verizon's network. Just make sure you don't use 3G data though because that can get pretty expensive last I checked.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I don't suppose anyone would happen to know if the phone is compatible with the $2 a-day plan, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer7056 View Post
    Hey guys, I am thinking of buying a Pixi Plus as I have always loved WebOS but never had anything of my own with the OS. The one I can find is the CMDA one. Anyone know if I could use it prepaid either on Verizon or another carrier without having to flash it or anything?

-Thanks.
    I don't think you could activate the Pixi + on VZW prepaid. You can only activate the smartphones listed on the prepaid smartphone page.I have tried prepaid on several VZ smartphones. You can use it on PagePlus which uses verizon towers. I would use kittywireless to activate the Pixi + on PagePlus because they give you a $2 which will get you through the data usage required for palm profile. If you don't want the Pixi using 3G data(it will use it without you knowing which will use up page+ money/credit/minutes) you can turn it off. Instructions for turning off 3G is in the guide below.
    KittyWireless: Kitty Wireless PagePlus Page Plus Cellular Online Premier Dealer
    Guide for activating on Page+ with VZW Pixi: Kitty's Palm Pixi Plus Information
    PagePlus Site: Prepaid Cell Phone Cards | Prepaid National Cell Phones
    Quote Originally Posted by ppixi View Post
    I would use kittywireless to activate the Pixi + on PagePlus because they give you a $2 which will get you through the data usage required for palm profile.
    KittyWireless is what I used when I picked up a Pixi Plus for $40. I have data turned off and just use wifi, voice, and texts. The phone stays in my house 90% of the time so I really only use wifi anyways.

If I could use the Pixi Plus on Sprint I would retire my Pre-.
    I actually activated with the Page Plus site for free instead of the $15 Kitty charges. Still received the $2 credit even though I didn't buy a pre paid card from them. You don't have to buy a plan until after it is activated, so that is when I went to Kitty. Just use the guide on Kitty's site for what to expect, it worked exactly as described substituting PP site for the activation.

Had my Pixi+ for a little over a week and loving it. Just installed preware and the patches alone are awesome. With the wifi, can't beat $30 a month for a smart phone with that many minutes/text and some data. I'll probably only use that when I'm shopping or for GPS.
    I used kitty wireless last night to activated my pixi. Go on ebay you can find their activation for .99 they still give you $2 credit as well. Great I've used them twice now and will use again.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Purchased a new (sealed in the box) Pixi Plus on eBay, activated on Kitty Wireless (PP) for $6.99 (includes $2.00 credit), turned off data, turned on Wifi and connected to home network, also purchased an $80 1yr (2000 minutes) one time use (with renew options every year) PIN on KW.

Now my daughter has a phone for calls/txt, and she can have all other functions when at home or at a Wifi connection. Life is good and PreCentral Forums ROCK!!!
    I too use KittyWireless. I LOVE how fast they respond, and how they guarantee their services.
    I would use kittywireless to activate the Pixi + on PagePlus
    You can also get a 1200 talk & text =100mb data from Page Plus or PP via Kitty. Or unlimited T & T + 200 for $44.95 (I think). I use mostly in WiFi mode, so plain ol' pay as you go minutes work fine, too. The advantage of using Kitty is if by chance you DO run into a problem, Kitty takes care of it instead of you wasting over an hour of your own time on hold with PP.
    My Bad-ESN Sprint Palm Pre wants to be used again. But, this time NO MORE CONTRACTS! Can I unlock it and flash to Metro/ATT/Verizon/Straight Talk pre-paid? What are my options, or is the phone now junk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Abelardo View Post
    My Bad-ESN Sprint Palm Pre wants to be used again. But, this time NO MORE CONTRACTS! Can I unlock it and flash to Metro/ATT/Verizon/Straight Talk pre-paid? What are my options, or is the phone now junk?
    I believe the ESN is hardware based. You cannot change it by flashing the phone. The ESN is also how the cell tells which phones are allowed access, so you cannot get service with a bad ESN.

Does that mean the phone is trash? Depends on how bad you want to make it work. The part of the phone that holds the cell and wifi antennas is not integrated into the main board, so you can swap it out with one from another phone, which would give you a new ESN.