1.    #1  
    well my pixi I got on daily steals for $40 2 weeks ago just now got a crack screen on it. And now the touch screen wont work at all. Am I screwed?
    Unfourtunetly yes.. There's nothing u cAn do but get a new phone and palm won't help u with this problem they claim it's because u handeld it wrong sorry.
    Is the screen something that can be swapped if someone has the right tools/skills?
    Considering the price of a new one, just buy another.
  5.    #5  
    Yea, It sucks. It was fine while riding my motorcycle, I'm thinkin I droped my Wii remote on it and cracked it. i was just using it for an mp3 and a backup for my pre if needed. I really liked it too. I guess I'll use my BB curve for now.
  6.    #6  
    Soooo anyone know of a pixi for sale for $40 anywhere?
    My Pixi has a broken cover glass - However, the LCD works fine. Just the the touchscreen
    does not work anymore. I have taken in apart several times but could not find the cause.

Did someone was successful in getting the touch capability back to work after the
    cover glass was broken? It would be great if the Pixi could be navigated by just the
    keypad.

Edit: I guess what appeared to me as just a broken cover glass does include the digitizer
    Last edited by fixandpixi; 05/03/2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Is the screen something that can be swapped if someone has the right tools/skills?
    check out the link in my sig
    Compared to my iPhone the Palm devices are pretty easy to take apart.
    The ribbon cables of the Pixi are also rather sturdy and the clips won't
    break on first contact. The problem are the spare parts. It is much more
    economical to buy a new Pixi than to hunt down individual parts.
  10.    #11  
    Yea Im getting that vibe too, I just won a used pixi on ebay for $26.01 ($35 shipped) so i Guess I'm pretty happy.
    should be getting my free pixi via sprint in a couple of days...its on a spare line that sprint coned me into a couple of years ago with a free dummy LG phone that I stick in my saddle bags...so I decided to convert the line to my girlfriend...still got my mainline waiting on somthing new or a pre2-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    check out the link in my sig
    Do you know if you can swap screen/LCD/Dig between the plus and classic. I don't care if it has the button on a plus. Gotten pretty good at taking it completely apart. I might be cheaper to get a sprint classic.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Do you know if you can swap screen/LCD/Dig between the plus and classic. I don't care if it has the button on a plus. Gotten pretty good at taking it completely apart. I might be cheaper to get a sprint classic.
    Bump (someone has gotta know the answer)
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Taking it apart isn't the problem..

Short answer is NO you can't ..

Watch the last 4 minutes or so of the you tube video in my sig I explain why

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Taking it apart isn't the problem..

Short answer is NO you can't ..

Watch the last 4 minutes or so of the you tube video in my sig I explain why

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thanks, I had watched your video and thanks for posting it. I had done the exact same thing with a broken Classic Pre so I knew it is too hard to do. Just got that Pre for the Sprint/Com board so I was seeing how far down I could go.

I just need to know if I was able to find a Used Sprint Pre with a good screen (very few scratches) and working digitizer still attached that I would be able to swap in into a Plus that has a broken screen and digitizer. From the videos I have seen it looks like all the connections line up. I'm just not sure if the Pre Plus can read the button on the Classic.

I know I can buy a plus version on ebay

PALM PRE PLUS OEM LCD DIGITIZER DISPLAY SCREEN PART - eBay (item 300527807069 end time Jun-18-11 09:07:12 PDT)

It just might be cheaper to find a Classic Pre for the parts.