Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm sure this is elementary....but is there any way to force the clock app on my Pixi (running 1.4.5) to stay on? There doesn't seem to be such an option in either the clock preferences or the screen and lock app, and it still turns off even when plugged in. I don't have a touchstone and would prefer not to buy one.

There is an app called Reloxo that seems to force the Pixi to stay awake, but I much prefer the built-in app's look.

Thanks!
    I just checked my Screen & Lock and the went to the "Turn off After..." and at the bottom of the list is "Never".

Advanced Configuration for App Launcher

You need to download this patch. Go to the wiki and it tells you all the different things you can adjust with this single patch, including:adds more turn off times for screen off

You can find it in Preware, and you can find Preware in WOSQI (webOS Quick Install)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Why would you not want a touchstone. They're awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouster View Post
    I'm sure this is elementary....but is there any way to force the clock app on my Pixi (running 1.4.5) to stay on? There doesn't seem to be such an option in either the clock preferences or the screen and lock app, and it still turns off even when plugged in. I don't have a touchstone and would prefer not to buy one.

There is an app called Reloxo that seems to force the Pixi to stay awake, but I much prefer the built-in app's look.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Why would you not want a touchstone. They're awesome.
    There's a key word in there. I see no mention of them not wanting one.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    There's a key word in there. I see no mention of them not wanting one.
    Ok smart guy. lol. Still, OP should BUY one. They're awesome.
    Rub it in, rub it in....last time I looked (and they were pretty hard to find, probably even harder now) they were around $80 up here....more than I want to pay, mind you, I haven't looked in a really long time.
    I usually always shop on ebay.

palm touchstone | eBay
    I found one (the kit) for $2.25...$5.44 USPS FC or $22.75 Priority...of course it's on a bid for 3 more days. Well, there may be a price war

Hopefully I win with $2.50
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I found one (the kit) for $2.25...$5.44 USPS FC or $22.75 Priority...of course it's on a bid for 3 more days. Well, there may be a price war

Hopefully I win with $2.50
    Nice. Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I do want one! But the Pixi is not my main phone; I hope to move over to WebOS full-time once the Pre3 is available. At that time (ah, if I only knew when that time will be) I'll pick up a Touchstone. It all depends on my employer's IT people signing off on the 3; from what I'm hearing they will, but if not I'll be ditching my first gen iPhone (!) for a 4 or 5. In the meantime, my Pixi is doing a great job on PagePlus and podcast playback; having the clock open and visible while listening would be terrific.

Thanks for the Preware/Advanced Configuration info; I've never used either before and will check them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouster View Post
    I do want one! But the Pixi is not my main phone; I hope to move over to WebOS full-time once the Pre3 is available. At that time (ah, if I only knew when that time will be) I'll pick up a Touchstone. It all depends on my employer's IT people signing off on the 3; from what I'm hearing they will, but if not I'll be ditching my first gen iPhone (!) for a 4 or 5. In the meantime, my Pixi is doing a great job on PagePlus and podcast playback; having the clock open and visible while listening would be terrific.

Thanks for the Preware/Advanced Configuration info; I've never used either before and will check them out.
    You will have fun with preware. There is a lot of stuff in there that will make you phone seem new.
    I tried buying a touchstone off of eBay but it didn't work...returned it and got an exchange and the second one didn't work either... Just sent that back and will hopefully get a refund...
    I have a similar issue as the OP but with a VZW Pre Plus running 1.4.5. Previously when I put the Pre on the touchstone the clock would show while it was charging. I know some people like the screen off, but I like the clock to show on my desk. For some reason the screen now goes completely dark while charging. In Screen & Lock I don't have an option for "turn off never" as discussed above.
    Thoughts or advice gladly accepted as to how to fix this. Thanks.
    Never mind- I fixed it somehow!