1.    #1  
    Is there an app or patch so that I can press one button on my Pixi and have it launch the email application and do a mail check/sync?

Just got a pixi after many years with my 755p. On that I had it setup so I could just hold down the mail button and it would launch snapper mail and initiate an email check. This was HUGELY convenient.

I know I could just setup my Pixi to continually check email, or check at a regular interval...but I don't want to waste battery life...There are LONG periods of time when I don't need to check my email so I'd rather the phone do nothing.

I have tried searching for an app or patch to do one touch/botton email sync but haven't found anything....
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this is what are you looking for but all you have to do is go into All Inbox and press refresh button on bottom right. It checks for new email on all of your accounts. Just beware that custom created folders within accounts are not synced automatically, instead you have to go into that folder and press refresh button.

If you are one of those that flick away the app as soon as you dont need it all you have to do is put email app icon into quicklaunch bar on homescreen.

BTW Email app refreshes all inboxes automatically as soon as you launch it as long as you have some form of data com.
    Last edited by vladi; 04/27/2011 at 04:58 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    I am not sure if this is what are you looking for but

BTW Email app refreshes all inboxes automatically as soon as you launch it as long as you have some form of data com.
    What you described is what I do now...but that is several finger gestures...press email form launcher, select all inboxes, then select refresh...all of this really requires you to look at the screen.

With the dedicated email button that I could just hold down on my old 755p to launch snappermail and check email...I could have the phone in my pocket and have it sync without even taking it out...

The second part of what you wrote intrigues me...and I'll have to check that for myself...I was under the impression that if I had all my inboxes set to manual sync...that just opening the email program would NOT make it sync..if it does...than just starting the email app is pretty simple and straight forward...
  4.    #4  
    O.K. just did some experimenting and opening the email app is NOT enough to trigger a mail sync...

I tried it with mail set to manual and to 24 hours and with both settings opening the email app did not cause the latest emails sitting in my gmail account to show up on my pixi

I had to go in to "all inboxes" and then hit the refresh button to get the new emails to show up...