1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had any advice you could give.

My Pixi Plus (02) keeps shutting itself off, and has been doing so all day. I've made sure that the housing of the battery is snug, that I'm not running any memory consuming apps, and I've kept the phone in good condition since I've had it (i.e. not dropping or throwing it around).
    Every time it shuts itself down it also forgets the date and time, which can be really annoying because it will also misplace SMS messages as well.

Any ideas what's causing the problem, or if it's worth sending back on the warranty?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrara101 View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you had any advice you could give.

My Pixi Plus (02) keeps shutting itself off, and has been doing so all day. I've made sure that the housing of the battery is snug, that I'm not running any memory consuming apps, and I've kept the phone in good condition since I've had it (i.e. not dropping or throwing it around).
    Every time it shuts itself down it also forgets the date and time, which can be really annoying because it will also misplace SMS messages as well.

Any ideas what's causing the problem, or if it's worth sending back on the warranty?
    have you done anything to phone the such as adding preware or replacing the stock kernel? ive had the same thing happen before with the warthog kernel but once i removed it the functioned properly.
  3.    #3  
    I recently installed some of the preware patches, such as the 'adding and deleting pages in launcher' patch, and the 'labelling patch for launcher pages', but when I realised my phone was switching on and off I removed them. I'm still waiting to see if it has changed at all.

Kind of gutting really, since it's the first problem I've had with it!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrara101 View Post
    I recently installed some of the preware patches, such as the 'adding and deleting pages in launcher' patch, and the 'labelling patch for launcher pages', but when I realised my phone was switching on and off I removed them. I'm still waiting to see if it has changed at all.

Kind of gutting really, since it's the first problem I've had with it!
    hmmmm thats odd, i say the best thing to do is doctor it and start fresh. if the problem continues after that just take it to your carrier. sorry couldnt be much help.
    I had the exact same problem. Pulled the battery and put a line of electrical tape on the top of the battery to make it fit tighter.....problem solved.

I would check that first, then maybe doctor.
    Ya your battery is falling out often. Do what jccjmml7 did.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I had the exact same problem. Pulled the battery and put a line of electrical tape on the top of the battery to make it fit tighter.....problem solved.

I would check that first, then maybe doctor.
    This is the best solution
    Had this issue and did 2x doctor no joy... Then this sorted my "problem" ...
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    I had this happen to me with GPS app from app store. If you have that delete it while phone is on for that short period of time.