Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    for those pixi users who have the youtube download patch, if you have a video you want as a mp3 just go into internalz then go to the info to that file and just edit the mp4 at the end of the file name to mp3 and viola it's a mp3. Ready to be burned or put into your playlist.
    This is an awesome tip, thanks! Just to clarify, I just tried this on my Pre and it worked here too (obviously).
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    This is an awesome tip, thanks! Just to clarify, I just tried this on my Pre and it worked here too (obviously).
    no problem, just glad to give back to the palm community.
    awesome tip since earworm app doesn't seem to be working!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    awesome tip since earworm app doesn't seem to be working!
    glad it helped, im sure it works on other files also just havnt tried yet.
    wouldn't that make the mp3 unnecessarily huge though?
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    Yes, it is roughly 2 times larger for a song that has album art as the video portion of the mp4.

Still a cool tip.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    yeah it would but its a fast and simple way to convert the file directly on the phone. i dont mind it, i hate having to transfer files from my phone to the pc and then back. basicly every video ive converted is going onto a cd so its just gonna get erased anyways.
    Its not converting anything. Its just changing the container type. This kind of trickery will only work on decoders that are sloppy/lazy and not checking the codec type properly. I would be very surprised to see this work on any in-car or other embedded mp3 player.

FLV is h264 for video, and AAC for audio 99% of the time. If the device/software you want to use with these files either does not support AAC or does an actual check on the file/codec, it will likely fail to play or behave erratically.

Its cool that the webOS player can be tricked, but that just shows me that its rather poor (not a huge surprise, doesn't support gapless or anything else nice)
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Its not converting anything. Its just changing the container type. This kind of trickery will only work on decoders that are sloppy/lazy and not checking the codec type properly. I would be very surprised to see this work on any in-car or other embedded mp3 player.

FLV is h264 for video, and AAC for audio 99% of the time. If the device/software you want to use with these files either does not support AAC or does an actual check on the file/codec, it will likely fail to play or behave erratically.

Its cool that the webOS player can be tricked, but that just shows me that its rather poor (not a huge surprise, doesn't support gapless or anything else nice)
    no wonder it didnt work when i tried it on the movie half baked, thanks for the info. you sure do know your technology!