1.    #1  
    I've had this problem a few times since getting my Pixi, I did a search but didn't find this exact problem

I tend to check my battery life often to keep an eye on it. Today I went to check my battery percentage and it was at 49%. But then as I was looking at it, it quickly changed to 0% and I got the low battery notification. Within a few minutes it shut off.

It's weird because I haven't used the phone heavily today and normally my battery life is pretty good (much better than the Android I switched from.)

This has happened in the past, however I've had the phone stay on for several hours (up to even a half a day) while reporting 0% battery the entire time.

Anyone else have issues with the battery meter not being correct?
    When a battery drops from X% to 0% fast it usually means that the battery has a lower capacity than the claimed amount. Dr. Battery can test this using the calibrate function. But your claim that the battery continues to function for a long time after showing 0% doesn't really match this condition - if anything it might indicate a bad battery - one that fails to reliably report data to the OS.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    When a battery drops from X% to 0% fast it usually means that the battery has a lower capacity than the claimed amount. Dr. Battery can test this using the calibrate function. But your claim that the battery continues to function for a long time after showing 0% doesn't really match this condition - if anything it might indicate a bad battery - one that fails to reliably report data to the OS.
    Yep, it's weird. Today was the first time it actually shut off right after reporting a 0% battery.

That's what I was thinking, too. I bought this phone used so it's possible the battery is just getting bad. Looks like new ones are pretty cheap on Amazon, so I might see if that helps the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by IllogicalJake View Post
    Yep, it's weird. Today was the first time it actually shut off right after reporting a 0% battery.

That's what I was thinking, too. I bought this phone used so it's possible the battery is just getting bad. Looks like new ones are pretty cheap on Amazon, so I might see if that helps the situation.
    Check out Dr. Battery first - you can verify the situation pretty easily doing the calibrate function.
    I have the same problem here. My battery will show 50% and then suddenly be 0%. I've decided now to see how long it will last with the screen on showing 0% and it's been about 10 minutes or so and I'm using it: Exhibition mode and also downloading updates in Preware. Clearly the battery meter thinks the phone is going to die even though it's not.

I just downloaded Dr Battery so we'll see if it helps in recalibrating.
    Dr. Battery never works for me, it will recalibrate up to 80% and then fail everytime stinks too.