04/22/2011, 11:22 AM
Ok people, as some of you know, I managed to get copies of 2 versions of webOS 2.x for Pixi, one is 2.1 (Barleywine), and the other is 2.0 (Blowfish).
The intention is to make an effort to place these versions on a new Pixi (mr.xtop has already downgraded his Pixi to 1.4.5 so we don't have his info anymore).
With the help of some you guys, I've managed to get a GSM AT&T Pixi, and I've just managed to unlock it. It's running 1.4.5 right now, and I'm in the process of looking for the way to upgrade it.
The backup was done with Meta Doctor, but the webOS Internals groups is not associated with this effort, so, please, don't bug them or make claims against them, we don't want to damage relationships here, ok?
Thanks for your attention. Now, let the fun begin.
As many of you know, this is now working.
The instructions are here: This is it. webOS 2.1 on *your* Pixi Plus GSM | The NuttyBunny
The files can be found with google.
Read the last pages of the thread if you have doubts.
- Everything in a 2.1 installation except Flash, Voice Dial and Overclocked Kernels
- SMS works after updating the modem firmware
CDMA Pixi (both Verizon and Sprint)
- Recommendation: Install 1.4.5, activate it, then proceed with 2.1.
- Apparently works after installing, entering developer mode (##DEVMODE#), then doing a full erase to let the Pixi reactivate itself.
Most 2.1 patches should work with no further modification
What doesn't work:
- Paid App Access. It won't work to download 2.1 apps, don't bother. Read the thread to find an alternate way to have a 1.4.5 version on your profile, which will let you download ONLY 1.4.x apps (paid if you want). **You need to edit the /etc/palm-build-info on your Pixi, this way: Line 1 from the 2.1 version, subsequent lines from 1.4.5 version, login to your profile again, you may use Impostah to do this**
- Most PDK apps won't work because we're on a different processor, also 1.4.5 Pre games won't work as well. Of course, Pixi PDK apps should work. Also, NDrive works.
- No Flash, No Voice Dial
- There are no and there will be NO custom kernels for this. STOP ASKING.
- And well, it's pretty slow, but you can install govnah, set it to 600Mhz userspace with no compcache and almost enjoy it
Please, DON'T do the "quick tests" or you Pixi may die a horrible death, read zacky59's posts.
Thanks to everyone for your help, and if you'd like to donate, PM me for the info.