Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    I'm going to call this the 2nd best birthday present i ever got (my birthday was on the 21st). I'm gonna put this on my Pixi Plus when I get home. Thanks NuttyBunny!

EDIT: Since I actually DO have my pixi usb cable with me, I'm going to install this now.
    Last edited by pspmanridg3; 05/23/2011 at 02:08 PM.
  2.    #162  
    :@
    Ok, seems like I messed this one up... I don't know why the **** worked twice, and it's not working anymore. Damn, back to the drawing board...
    I'm really sorry, but, well, the process will be the same once it gets fixed.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    :@
    Ok, seems like I messed this one up... I don't know why the **** worked twice, and it's not working anymore. Damn, back to the drawing board...
    I'm really sorry, but, well, the process will be the same once it gets fixed.
    Is this in relation to the issue I had? Or something else? Have others reported it as well? (I only ask because I see no other posts on here about anybody's attempts.) Meanwhile, I'm back to 1.4.5 reloading my apps! Next time I'll throw it on my backup pixi. I just got a little too anxious when I saw this and couldn't wait!
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Is this in relation to the issue I had? Or something else? Have others reported it as well? (I only ask because I see no other posts on here about anybody's attempts.) Meanwhile, I'm back to 1.4.5 reloading my apps! Next time I'll throw it on my backup pixi. I just got a little too anxious when I saw this and couldn't wait!
    Totally, absolutely related.

I just ran it twice and I got the same. I've spent a couple of hours trying to pinpoint the issue, I can't find it. Right now I'm doing a test, if it works, we'll be fine, if it doesn't... well... it will have to be "the other way". Not necessarily bad, but you'll have to wait a bit more.

In the meantime, grab the file while it's hot

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    In the meantime, grab the file while it's hot
    confused...
    did you change any of the files? or are you talking about the same files as posted before? sounds like there have been no changes...so i've got all the files i need. Hopefully it's just a makefile change!

Also...Thanks for that makefile!! That made things SUPER easy!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    NuttyBunny thank you very much!

I've completed the process and happens to me same thing that pezman726.

We hope to resolve it!

I'm returning to 1.4.5.

Regards
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio2k View Post
    NuttyBunny thank you very much!

I've completed the process and happens to me same thing that pezman726.

We hope to resolve it!

I'm returning to 1.4.5.

Regards
    It happens to me as well... o_O
    I'll fix it. Grrr...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

I may have a slightly different issue than everyone else. Every time I try to run the makefile, I get this "make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop." Anyone know what the heck is up with this thing? I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit
    Yeah same my problem now is it says: make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    how about a screenshot of what you're doing. Full output as well as an ls of your directory would be helpful.
    I'm doing everything correct. i downloaded everything, put make and the other file in pixi folder in c drive. put the webos 1.4.5. in the downloads in the pixi in the c drive. downloaded cygwin and make. got novacom. but when i type make install it goes to something that says: make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    ok. Do what I said. Before you run make install do an ls. If you do not see makefile and the other file and downloads, you are not in the right directory. I can almost guarantee that is your problem.
    ls?
    and thats not everythings where its supposed to be.
    ls in a shell will give you a directory listing. When you get the cygwin terminal by default it opens at the root of where cygwin is installed. If you look a few posts back I described a full path with cygwin in it. Reference that (substitute user for whatever your username is on the computer and move those files there. You'll need to change to that directory in cygwin (cd <directory>) and if you have trouble with that, google simple unix commands
    Well I ran LS, and here are the screenshots. The first is the results of running LS in the directory containing the Update Files. The Second is the result of attempting to run the makefile again.
    Thats exactly mine. any solution?
    Confucius say "try removing .txt extension from Makefile.txt"
    ok, now I see the problem. Your makefile has .txt at the end. Type this

mv Makefile.txt Makefile

basically renaming it without the .txt at the end. That should fix it right up.

edit: destine1 is a faster typer than me!
    Ok, but how do i do LS. so i can rename it?