webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus > webOS 2.1 on Pixi effort, Official Thread
webOS 2.1 on Pixi effort, Official Thread
Like Tree44Likes

Old 07/16/2012, 05:41 PM   #1401 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktamon View Post
I download all the correct files.I'm using terminal in Ubuntu.I get this error @ubuntu:~/Desktop/pixi$ make install
THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/tron/Desktop/pixi'
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: rmtlseek not stopped at a record boundary
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
make[1]: *** [build/unpacked-doctor/webos/.unpacked] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tron/Desktop/pixi'
make: *** [install] Error 2
What is that I'm doing wrong?...
Sounds like the tar you have is corrupt.

Why not use the Dr. Process? Cleaner, keeps usb data, and once done can be reused.
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2012, 05:24 AM   #1402 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktamon View Post
What is that I'm doing wrong?...
Well for starters, you chose to quote the very long OP in it's entirety.

In terms of the process, from the output it looks like one of your downloaded files is corrupted.
I'd advise against installing 2.1 on a Pixi though- I've done it with two of them now, and neither worked better than they did with 1.4.5.
ShiftyAxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by chalx likes this.
Old 07/30/2012, 06:37 AM   #1403 (permalink)

Hi, I have two questions :

1 : Is webOS 2 faster than webOS 1.4.5 on the Palm Pixi ? It's pretty slow on webOS 1.4.5, even with an overclocked processor.
2 : I'm french and I have a French SFR Palm Pixi, can I install webOS 2 on my French Pixi ?

Thanks
Etienne000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2012, 07:25 AM   #1404 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne000 View Post
Hi, I have two questions :

1 : Is webOS 2 faster than webOS 1.4.5 on the Palm Pixi ? It's pretty slow on webOS 1.4.5, even with an overclocked processor.
2 : I'm french and I have a French SFR Palm Pixi, can I install webOS 2 on my French Pixi ?

Thanks
Faster is relative, it is a 600MHz device, with 256m of ram with shared modem software it brings a useable 192m.

Updating via the doctor script (super) does appear to be more graceful in its presentation.

The original backup came from a SFR Pixi, So yes it will work.
Old 12/12/2012, 01:26 AM   #1405 (permalink)

Hello,

i have a problem. I am using cygwin in Windows. I got the error No such file or directory, when I type / make install.
I allready checked the makefile is not a .txt. When I installed cygwin I included the package developmend and archiv for make and unzip. Could any body help me?

My 2. question is I am from germany should I use the webosdoctorp121ewweu-wr or the one for att?
Hans gausemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 04:57 AM   #1406 (permalink)

hy, i have a problem. im doctoring my at&t pixi plus to webos 2.1 using meta-doctor and it succes. but the problem is my touch screen not working until i lock & unlock the device (press power button). and in few minutes touch screen not working again. it happens over and over again. this is normaly?

sorry for my bad english.
cuprienk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/2012, 07:31 AM   #1407 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuprienk View Post
hy, i have a problem. im doctoring my at&t pixi plus to webos 2.1 using meta-doctor and it succes. but the problem is my touch screen not working until i lock & unlock the device (press power button). and in few minutes touch screen not working again. it happens over and over again. this is normaly?

sorry for my bad english.
A Pixi Plus should be a Pixi Plus, the Doctor uses the same touchpanel firmware as the seed doctor, so the issue is not coming from that... Mine is a Verizon type and it responds fine, but I have a Veer that sometimes forgets its touch...
Old 12/21/2012, 12:35 AM   #1408 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans gausemeier View Post
Hello,

i have a problem. I am using cygwin in Windows. I got the error No such file or directory, when I type / make install.
I allready checked the makefile is not a .txt. When I installed cygwin I included the package developmend and archiv for make and unzip. Could any body help me?

My 2. question is I am from germany should I use the webosdoctorp121ewweu-wr or the one for att?
do everythg exactly as described in johns tutorial, worked for me and i have now pixi plus with german language and 2.1. Slow but working.

besides: i ccouldnt get whatsapp to work. Installation worked, but starting results in a white screen. Nothing more.
achimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 09:33 AM   #1409 (permalink)

i thought i was following everything correctly but i keep receiving this error

parallels@parallels-Parallels-Virtual-Platform:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/build-att-pixiplus-2.1.0
Due to changes made to HP Cloud Services, this script may no longer work.
make: *** No rule to make target `settings'. Stop.

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/build-att-pixiplus-2.1.0/webosdoctorp121ewwatt-2.1.0.jar

Unpacking if needed webOS Doctors
make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'. Stop.

can anyone please help me out.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
mcbeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 09:56 AM   #1410 (permalink)

HII for all guys ..
i am kevin from colombia i'm new in this forum .. have palm pixi plus from ATT .. but i would update to 2.1 ..i did the step. but only

The fun begins. DESTROYING ALL YOUR PIXI PARTITIONS.

Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Found volume group "store" using metadata type lvm2

Makefile:75: recipe for target `destroy' failed
make[1]: *** [destroy] Error 127
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/cygdrive/d/palm/pixi'
Makefile:170: recipe for target `install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 2

PLZ what is the problem in the steps ,,. have SDK 3.0 this problem ?? the sdk?? or plz help
thks !!

Last edited by kvnxp; 01/22/2013 at 10:02 AM.
kvnxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 10:07 AM   #1411 (permalink)

Hey, I see that most of my info is outdated. Could someone please be kind and point me to the posts with the current info so I can update the first post??

I think this can be done with metadoctor at this point, am I right?

Thanks!!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 09:56 PM   #1412 (permalink)

hi .. i have sucesfull install webos 2.1 on my pixi .. only need ubuntu ..haha i was try with windows XD
thkns .. now .need help with app catalog.. the problem is (in the imagen attached )- that there is nothing more any answers ?

thnks
Attached Images
File Type: png findapps_2013-23-01_220257.png (48.6 KB, 15 views) Email Attachment
Old 01/23/2013, 10:08 PM   #1413 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnxp View Post
hi .. i have sucesfull install webos 2.1 on my pixi .. only need ubuntu ..haha i was try with windows XD
thkns .. now .need help with app catalog.. the problem is (in the imagen attached )- that there is nothing more any answers ?

thnks
Well, there are no apps for Pixi 2.1

You need to fake your phone to report itself as a 1.4.x Pixi to the app catalog.

I don't have a link but it involves editing the /etc/palm-build-info file. Maybe someone in the thread has already done it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Old 01/23/2013, 10:10 PM   #1414 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

You need to fake your phone to report itself as a 1.4.x Pixi to the app catalog.

I don't have a link but it involves editing the /etc/palm-build-info file. Maybe someone in the thread has already done it.

thnks nutty i have edited the palm build but dont work .. T.T
Old 01/23/2013, 10:21 PM   #1415 (permalink)

You have to reboot after editing the file

Old 01/24/2013, 09:40 AM   #1416 (permalink)

yeah .. but dont work ..T.T ..
Old 01/24/2013, 03:16 PM   #1417 (permalink)

Quote:

thnks
Quote:

Quote:
thnks nutty i have edited the palm build but dont work .. T.T
Quote:
You have to reboot after editing the file

Quote:
yeah .. but dont work ..T.T ..
As part of the Dr. Build I use the webOS 2.1.0 build info (and build sets) from the PrePlus Dr.

The reason is the Pixi, is not native to 2.1.0, but if one fakes it out to be webOS 1.4.5.x the backup is trying to work with 2.1.0 when the server says it is 1.4.5.x and then the backup service fails, so if I bring it up to 2.1.0 the backup works.. The App catalog is smart enough to know that it is a Pixi not a PrePlus, so all the Pixi apps will still work (at least on the Verizon PixiPlus I am using, that will never be activated, great MP3 player...)
Old 01/24/2013, 03:54 PM   #1418 (permalink)

ok i understand that it is a fake , i understand is a ported web os 2 for pixi ..i understand all .. and that only work app for pixi on app catalog.. but.. how make work the app catalog.. can you upload the palm-build my pixi is a plus GSM

Last edited by kvnxp; 01/24/2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01/24/2013, 04:53 PM   #1419 (permalink)

Quote:
ok i understand that it is a fake , i understand is a ported web os 2 for pixi ..i understand all .. and that only work app for pixi on app catalog.. but.. how make work the app catalog.. can you upload the palm-build my pixi is a plus GSM
One can grab the palm build info from the Palm Pre Doctor, but you also need the DMSET(s) for the PrePlus as the Palm Build Info must match or your profile will show 9.9.9...
Old 01/24/2013, 05:24 PM   #1420 (permalink)

ok i edited many times.. in the web page of hpwebos always say os version 1.40.50.. its correct?.. but no work..

oups ..sorry .need DMSETS ... from pre plus -- no?

Last edited by kvnxp; 01/24/2013 at 05:33 PM.

Tags
pixi plus 2.1

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0