Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1436
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #1281  
    I am running a CDMA pixi and I'm about 99.99% sure that I did everything right that I should have done. However, when I type ##DEVMODE# when my 2.1 pixi starts up, I keep getting a USSD request failed error.

Is there a solution to this?
    Try this: Since the image came from a GSM phone, I'd go with #*DEVMODE# first, then do a erase apps and data, then you could do the ##DEVMODE# thing.

Of course, as I said tons of times before, I don't have a CDMA pixi, so I may be completely wrong and yoh have to check with CDMA owners :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    2.1 on pixi is piece of *****.
    Its have too much bugs (swap and power management, not overclocking) than 1.4.5.

Dont f**l yourself with "Aaahhh!!!! 2.1!!!, 2.1!!!" and then "Ooogghhh? what tha ******?"

Its time to close this ****ty topic.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cort View Post
    2.1 on pixi is piece of *****.
    Its have too much bugs (swap and power management, not overclocking) than 1.4.5.

Dont f**l yourself with "Aaahhh!!!! 2.1!!!, 2.1!!!" and then "Ooogghhh? what tha ******?"

Its time to close this ****ty topic.
    not everyone has had the same experience you did on 2.1, i dont see why your complaining for nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to put 2.1 on your pixi. should be gratefull enough 2.1 can even be put on a pixi. if you really dont like it heres a thought jump to another os, while your at it dont bother coming back to precentral. its little immature brats like you that desrve to get banned!!!!
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    cort#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis88 View Post
    I am running a CDMA pixi and I'm about 99.99% sure that I did everything right that I should have done. However, when I type ##DEVMODE# when my 2.1 pixi starts up, I keep getting a USSD request failed error.

Is there a solution to this?
    You should probably use the bypass activation tools and them when you get to the home screen, enter in the dev mode code (without the quotes "webos20090606"). Enable it, do a full earase, and restart.
    Hi Nutty,

I get following errors while doing yourinstructions. Can you plz suggest a solution?

pixi is in recovery mode, webosdoctor is there in downloads folder, Makefile is makefile with no txt etc…, running cygwin in XP.

THE cygwin cmd output is as below:

Ashish@your-2e57528f49 /cygdrive/c/pixi
    $ install make
    install: missing destination file operand after `make’
    Try `install –help’ for more information.

$ install make file
    install: cannot stat `make’: No such file or directory

$ ls -l
    total 156668
    drwx——+ 1 Ashish None 0 Sep 29 14:20 Downloads
    -rwx——+ 1 Ashish None 8532 Sep 29 14:18 Makefile
    -rwx——+ 1 Ashish None 155456339 Sep 29 13:50 e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7
    e.tgz
    -rwx——+ 1 Ashish None 4952693 Sep 29 14:27 fixi.tgz

$

WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?

THANKS FOR THE HELP
    The command is 'make install' as opposed to 'install make'. Best of luck
    Hi ShiftyAxel,

thanks for the reply but it doesnt recognise the command u suggested !

plz see the out come below:

Ashish@your-2e57528f49 ~
    $ cd c:/pixi

$ make install
    bash: make: command not found

$ make install Makefile
    bash: make: command not found

$

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLZ?

Thanks in advance
    Oh, I see the problem, you don't have make installed. I think you can rerun the cygwin installer to add extra packages such as make. Either that or you should be able to find it on the cygwin site or via google.
    have you downloaded unzip and make in setup.exe if you have type in cd /pixi see if that command is found.
    I got the followng erro in cygwin :

Ashish@your-2e57528f49 ~

$ make install
    THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO
    INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO U
    SEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/pixi'
    Extract the webos doctor ...
    which: no jar in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files
    /Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:
    /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygd
    rive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Roxio Shared/9.0/DLLShared:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS
    /system32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/QuickTime/QTSystem:/c
    ygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/P
    rogram Files/HP webOS/PDK/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin:/cygdri
    ve/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin/novacom)
    which: no unzip in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Fil
    es/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOW
    S:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cy
    gdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Roxio Shared/9.0/DLLShared:/cygdrive/c/WINDO
    WS/system32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/QuickTime/QTSystem:
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c
    /Program Files/HP webOS/PDK/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin:/cygd
    rive/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin/novacom)
    Not found any command to extract webos doctor. Please install the jar or unzip u
    tility to proceed!
    make[1]: *** [build/unpacked-doctor/resources/.unpacked] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/pixi'
    make: *** [install] Error 2

$

PLEASE HELP (WebOS SDK & PDK both are installed on my PC in C drive). The Doctor is a Vodafone-european version not ATT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    not everyone has had the same experience you did on 2.1, i dont see why your complaining for nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to put 2.1 on your pixi. should be gratefull enough 2.1 can even be put on a pixi. if you really dont like it heres a thought jump to another os, while your at it dont bother coming back to precentral. its little immature brats like you that desrve to get banned!!!!
    you right: 2.1 on pixi is absolutely CRAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by cort View Post
    you right: 2.1 on pixi is absolutely CRAP!
    2.1 is legit faster than 1.4.5. You just need to modify some stuff in Govnah. If you think it is so slow, go back to 1.4.5. I have even tried putting my Pixi on 1.4.5 and OC'ing to 806. IT DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE TO 2.1 CUZ 2.1 IS SO SMOOTH AND FAST.

Oh, and remember: THIS IS PRE-RELEASE BUILD. THIS IS NOT FINISHED YET.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Quote Originally Posted by ashishha View Post
    I got the followng erro in cygwin :

Ashish@your-2e57528f49 ~

$ make install
    THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO
    INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO U
    SEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/pixi'
    Extract the webos doctor ...
    which: no jar in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files
    /Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:
    /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cygd
    rive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Roxio Shared/9.0/DLLShared:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS
    /system32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/QuickTime/QTSystem:/c
    ygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/P
    rogram Files/HP webOS/PDK/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin:/cygdri
    ve/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin/novacom)
    which: no unzip in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Fil
    es/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOW
    S:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/WiFi/bin:/cy
    gdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Roxio Shared/9.0/DLLShared:/cygdrive/c/WINDO
    WS/system32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/QuickTime/QTSystem:
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c
    /Program Files/HP webOS/PDK/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin:/cygd
    rive/c/Program Files/HP webOS/SDK/bin/novacom)
    Not found any command to extract webos doctor. Please install the jar or unzip u
    tility to proceed!
    make[1]: *** [build/unpacked-doctor/resources/.unpacked] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/pixi'

$

PLEASE HELP (WebOS SDK & PDK both are installed on my PC in C drive). The Doctor is a Vodafone-european version not ATT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Run Cygwin's setup.exe program. Then run all the steps until you can see a search bar. Search for "unzip". Then install it.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Ok guys, now something has happened to me.

Output is as follows:

make[1]: *** [destroy] Error 127
    make[1] Leaving directory /blah/blah/blahj/pixi

This is on Cygwin.

It would get the the part, "Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while..

Then it would stop. Any suggestions?

Ok guys, now something has happened to me.

Output is as follows:

make[1]: *** [destroy] Error 127
    make[1] Leaving directory /blah/blah/blahj/pixi

This is on Cygwin.

It would get the the part, "Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while..

Then it would stop. Any suggestions?

Edit: now, for some strange reason it is now working...

edit 2: it worked yeshhh
    Last edited by palmlover123; 10/02/2011 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I get this when I try installing on Mac OS X Lion. After the installation, I just get a constant rebooting (it only gets to the palm logo without pulsating). I can't start up the phone.
    I had this problem to on my Mac too( Lion). I just did it on Cygwin and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    I had this problem to on my Mac too( Lion). I just did it on Cygwin and it worked.
    I'll try that next. But, also, could you seed your torrent? I was going to try to download the files again, and since I know it worked for you, I was hoping to use the torrent. Thanks!
    Seeding the torrent now
    edit: now the piratebay is strangely back up again...
    I'll try that next. But, also, could you seed your torrent? I was going to try to download the files again, and since I know it worked for you, I was hoping to use the torrent. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    thepiratebay is down...gimme a few seconds
    Is that why I'm getting a max of .4 kb/s download?
    Is that why I'm getting a max of .4 kb/s download?
    No, thepiratebay tracker was down for a long long time, i am just trying to get the .torrent files. But others might be seeding it too.