Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1436
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    ive been trying to figure that one out for the past week, sitting here looking at my 2.1 pixi files and my pre+ 2.1 meta doctor along with webos doctor. this thing has been driving me crazy. if only i knew where to start.
    All you have to do is put the webos image inside of the doctor and change some things.. But with the 2.1 files, there a 2 images( one is the 2.1, and one is the fix for the screen). So we would need to create a webos.tar in the doctor, then create a nova-crust-something image, then would would need to change some stuff inside of the doctor.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    dzee206 likes this.
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Anybody had success installing UberCalendar or Advanced System Menus on a 2.1 Pixi? I keep getting patch failures when I try it through Preware.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    All you have to do is put the webos image inside of the doctor and change some things.. But with the 2.1 files, there a 2 images( one is the 2.1, and one is the fix for the screen). So we would need to create a webos.tar in the doctor, then create a nova-crust-something image, then would would need to change some stuff inside of the doctor.
    thank you for the advice, i was about ready to put this plan on hold till i learned more about the webos doctor.
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    thank you for the advice, i was about ready to put this plan on hold till i learned more about the webos doctor.
    I just saw your signature and that got my thinking: Why isn't voice dial included?

When I opened internals, went to: /usr/palm/applications. Then I saw com.palmsysapp.voice-dial, super excited, I went into the folder. There was a .json file, resources folder, and an icon image. Is there anyway to make voice dial work? And couldn't we just take it from the Pre 2.1?

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Quote Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
    Anybody had success installing UberCalendar or Advanced System Menus on a 2.1 Pixi? I keep getting patch failures when I try it through Preware.
    There are some patches that don't work for our 2.1 Pixis'. Email the dev.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    I just saw your signature and that got my thinking: Why isn't voice dial included?

When I opened internals, went to: /usr/palm/applications. Then I saw com.palmsysapp.voice-dial, super excited, I went into the folder. There was a .json file, resources folder, and an icon image. Is there anyway to make voice dial work? And couldn't we just take it from the Pre 2.1?
    alot of things wernt possible on webos but yet the so called impossible happened thanks the dev's in the webos community. im sure now that you pointed it out eventually something will happen. i hated it cause while trying to change the volume while listening to music it would activate the voice dialing. so if some figures this out, i got a spare pixi to use as a lab rat haha.
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    alot of things wernt possible on webos but yet the so called impossible happened thanks the dev's in the webos community. im sure now that you pointed it out eventually something will happen. i hated it cause while trying to change the volume while listening to music it would activate the voice dialing. so if some figures this out, i got a spare pixi to use as a lab rat haha.

Yep, I remember when people said that the Pixi could not be overclocked. I bet it is just disabled somewhere, just like the virtual keyboard is. And I have no clue how to code in java...
    Quote Originally Posted by trinireddman View Post
    Could someone put up a couple videos showing a side by side review of a pixi, overclocked pixi and a pixi running webos 2.1 while running apps and a couple 3d games. I want to try this but this thread is all over the place...."pixi with webos 2.1 runs smooth", "pixi withe webos 2.1 runs slow", "just broke my pixi". Thanks in advance.
    I can do that for you. I have a Verizon Pixi running 2.1 and my Sprint Pixi Plus running 1.4.5. Don't think I will be able to show you much apps on 2.1 because the Verizon Pixi running 2.1 is not activated and has no WiFi to download stuff with. I can only load apps available via WOSQI. If there are any WOSQI apps you want to see specifically, let me know. I won't have the free time to do this till tomorrow probably.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I can do that for you. I have a Verizon Pixi running 2.1 and my Sprint Pixi Plus running 1.4.5. Don't think I will be able to show you much apps on 2.1 because the Verizon Pixi running 2.1 is not activated and has no WiFi to download stuff with. I can only load apps available via WOSQI. If there are any WOSQI apps you want to see specifically, let me know. I won't have the free time to do this till tomorrow probably.
    Thanks Syndil anything you could throw at it would be nice...maybe a game or two.
    Here's that video. Very boring stuff, but it should give you an idea. Green Pixi on the left is running 2.1, orange Pixi on the right is running stock 1.4.5 (no patches/Uberkernel/overclocking).

The UI on 2.1 seems a lot smoother and faster, but launching and running apps seems slower.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    2.1 would've run alot better if Palm put more RAM into their pres and pixis. Other than that it would've been able to run even better card wise.
    Here's that video. Very boring stuff, but it should give you an idea. Green Pixi on the left is running 2.1, orange Pixi on the right is running stock 1.4.5 (no patches/Uberkernel/overclocking).

Click to view quoted image

The UI on 2.1 seems a lot smoother and faster, but launching and running apps seems slower.
    your 2.1 runs a lot slower then mine.
  13.    #1273  
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    2.1 would've run alot better if Palm put more RAM into their pres and pixis. Other than that it would've been able to run even better card wise.
    That's the reason they decided not to release it on their pres and pixis :P
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg

Hey...that's the EXACT same thing I experienced. And why I doctored back to 1.4.5!
  15.    #1275  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Hey...that's the EXACT same thing I experienced. And why I doctored back to 1.4.5!
    Yeah, don't believe The Bunny :P

FYI, The Pixi (mine) still is on 2.1. I prefer the features over the speed. I had to use it a couple of days. Almost unbearable, but usable
    What features keep you on 2.1? I haven't really noticed much difference other than the annoying bar telling me to "just type" like I'm some sort of noob that doesn't know that already. :P
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    What features keep you on 2.1? I haven't really noticed much difference other than the annoying bar telling me to "just type" like I'm some sort of noob that doesn't know that already. :P
    I'm doctoring back to 1.4.5 because of my TMC errors and constantly having to restart my phone in order to get rid of it. Other than that, the only stuff that kept me on 2.1 was the quickness of the UI, the stacks, and occasionally "Just Type". I've also noticed that the battery life is worse on 2.1 even without syncing any accounts.
    I get this when I try installing on Mac OS X Lion. After the installation, I just get a constant rebooting (it only gets to the palm logo without pulsating). I can't start up the phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #1279  
    I get this when I try installing on Mac OS X Lion. After the installation, I just get a constant rebooting (it only gets to the palm logo without pulsating). I can't start up the phone.
    Check the files sizes, try downloading both again.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am running a CDMA pixi and I'm about 99.99% sure that I did everything right that I should have done. However, when I type ##DEVMODE# when my 2.1 pixi starts up, I keep getting a USSD request failed error.

Is there a solution to this?