Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1436
Like Tree49Likes
    Whoa what OS are you using because I don't have a permissions tab. I'm on window 7 but there is a security tab with a permissions area though.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Whoa what OS are you using because I don't have a permissions tab. I'm on window 7 but there is a security tab with a permissions area though.

sorry about that forgot to mention to do all that on ubuntu.i cant help you while attempting in windows, i failed trying it with cygwin.
    Alright luckily I have Ubuntu. and I can try it again there.

Edit 1: For some reason I can't check the box next to the execute section. Because of the very little space Ubuntu has, I'm forced to keep all the files on my flash drive.
    Last edited by GTAFan9999; 09/11/2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Alright luckily I have Ubuntu. and I can try it again there.

Edit 1: For some reason I can't check the box next to the execute section. Because of the very little space Ubuntu has, I'm forced to keep all the files on my flash drive.
    try making room in ubuntu if you can and try and download the four neccessary files for 2.1 in ubuntu. the longer route would to uninstall and reinstall ubuntu but with more room this time. i dont see why you cant check the box, only thing i can think of if you used sudo command to get it. that usually locks the file on me, and i cant edit or delete it.
    *sighs* It still didn't work. Still the same "destroy 127" error. Man I feel like a pest right now since I just wasted 2 pages of the thread and I still can't figure out why I keep getting it.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    *sighs* It still didn't work. Still the same "destroy 127" error. Man I feel like a pest right now since I just wasted 2 pages of the thread and I still can't figure out why I keep getting it.
    your still getting that error even after using the att doctor like nutty said? do you have the right novacom drives for your os, try doing this sudo stop palm-novacomd
    sudo start palm-novacomd. this is all i can come up with if this doesnt help then gonna have to wait till nutty.
    Ah I finally got it but when the install finished I got "make[1]: *** [restoreall] Error 1
    " and the usual "error 2". Once the phone started, I can't get past the language setup
  8.    #1228  
    Ah I finally got it but when the install finished I got "make[1]: *** [restoreall] Error 1
    " and the usual "error 2". Once the phone started, I can't get past the language setup
    Yeah, that last one is normal.

Zacky59 had to reboot several times to make it work
    GTAFan9999 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yeah, that last one is normal.

Zacky59 had to reboot several times to make it work
    Workin' on it. Thank you very much for the support. And also to dzee206 for telling me about the Novacom service.
    dzee206 likes this.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Workin' on it. Thank you very much for the support. And also to dzee206 for telling me about the Novacom service.
    congrats you got it, so how did you finally get it to work?
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    congrats you got it, so how did you finally get it to work?
    Here's how it started.
    1. After you mentioned I needed Novacom and that I had to install it manually instead, I look for the 32 bit version but it didn't install. I then realized my CPU was capable of being used on 64 bit OSs and I probably installed a 64 bit version of Ubuntu by mistake and the 64 bit version of Novacom worked.
    2. I got the installation to work but now I'm stuck at the language setup and can't get past it. So from there I'm doing what Zacky 59 did, rebooting a lot. I think there still could be something wrong though because I've been rebooting for hours (Since about 8:30) and I've wasted about half my battery and still no progress.

Edit: Now my pixi is just flashing the hp logo over and over. Been going on for sometime now...
    Last edited by GTAFan9999; 09/12/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Here's how it started.
    1. After you mentioned I needed Novacom and that I had to install it manually instead, I look for the 32 bit version but it didn't install. I then realized my CPU was capable of being used on 64 bit OSs and I probably installed a 64 bit version of Ubuntu by mistake and the 64 bit version of Novacom worked.
    2. I got the installation to work but now I'm stuck at the language setup and can't get past it. So from there I'm doing what Zacky 59 did, rebooting a lot. I think there still could be something wrong though because I've been rebooting for hours (Since about 8:30) and I've wasted about half my battery and still no progress.
    Edit: Now my pixi is just flashing the hp logo over and over. Been going on for sometime now...
    damn that suck's, sorry to hear that. I know this is a long shot but try powering down and use the bypass tool to get past the bootloop, other then that im all out of idea's.
    Last edited by dzee206; 09/12/2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo

mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    damn that suck's, sorry to hear that. I know this is a long shot but try powering down and use the bypass tool to get past the bootloop, other then that im all out of idea's.
    Alright I'll give that a try when I get back from school. I wish my high school let us download WSQI...
    One last question though. How do we log back into our old palm profile? I used Impostah, did the profile reset, and now I'm stuck at the sign in because it keeps saying It can't restore the data.
    I finally got it! It runs very well. Damn Ruby is a damn liar by saying the hardware's not good enough. Well Ruby...You can kiss my ***** because 2.1 is running like a charm!

Thank you again Nuttybunny, Dzee206, and Palmlover 123 for giving me some directions. But we all have to thank Nuttybunny and the guy with the Vietnamese ebay 2.1 pixi or none of this would've been possible...maybe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I finally got it! It runs very well. Damn Ruby is a damn liar by saying the hardware's not good enough. Well Ruby...You can kiss my ***** because 2.1 is running like a charm!

Thank you again Nuttybunny, Dzee206, and Palmlover 123 for giving me some directions. But we all have to thank Nuttybunny and the guy with the Vietnamese ebay 2.1 pixi or none of this would've been possible...maybe.
    just trying to help out where i can, still learning as i go along but we all are. Enjoy your new device, while your at it check out palmlover's swap partition thread to help make your 2.1 pixi even more responsive.

mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    One last question though. How do we get our old profile back? I've tried using the Impostah method but I'm still stuck on the sign in page. I've been trying to sign into my old profile over 15 times so far.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    i think you may need the profile over ride patch or what ever its called to go along with impostah. I wonder why your having the same issues as zacky59 doing this, this is weird.

mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    I'm guessing it's because Zacky and I are so far the only other user with 2.1 and on spint other than me.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I'm guessing it's because Zacky and I are so far the only other user with 2.1 and on spint other than me.
    if nothing works i'd just doctor back to 1.4.5.1. then redo the whole 2.1 process. it worked for me just now when i got my pre+ stuck in bootloop after installing sr71 blackbird... yeah i know i should of listened to the warning but it was too tempting. now every things if running fine.

mount -o remount,rw /
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot