Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1436
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    how is your pixi 2.1 folder setup?
    Path: C:/Users/Username/desktop/webOS 2.1

Directory:
    DIRECTORY/downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwatt.jar
    DIRECTORY/e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7ee4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tgz
    DIRECTORY/fixi.tgz
    DIRECTORY/Makefile
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Path: C:/Users/Username/desktop/webOS 2.1

Directory:
    DIRECTORY/downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwatt.jar
    DIRECTORY/e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7ee4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tgz
    DIRECTORY/fixi.tgz
    DIRECTORY/Makefile
    everything seems in order, try renaming your 2.1 folder "pixi". Are you doing this on cygwin or ubuntu?
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    everything seems in order, try renaming your 2.1 folder "pixi". Are you doing this on cygwin or ubuntu?
    I've tried using cygwin at first but when I use the "make install" command, it says it's not a valid command so I used Ubuntu and the command works fine sans the errors I get.
    Either on cygwin or ubuntu:

mv Makefile.txt Makefile

Do that once you cd into the directory.

I've tried using cygwin at first but when I use the "make install" command, it says it's not a valid command so I used Ubuntu and the command works fine sans the errors I get.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    try cd pixi, then ls, then make install. That worked for me when I was having trouble.
    Alright I just reinstalled Ubuntu (due to a "bootmgr is missing" problem). I'll post my results when I finalize the install.
    Alright one more question. How do I install the 2.1 SDK on ubuntu along with novacom?
  8.    #1208  
    Alright one more question. How do I install the 2.1 SDK on ubuntu along with novacom?
    Look in thenpalm developer page, you only need the novacomd installer, no need to get and install the full SDK.

If you open it from Firefox and click the link I think it lets you install it from there :-)
    GTAFan9999 likes this.
    Alright I installed novacomd and here are are my results

**@ubuntu:/media/HP V125X/pixi$ make install
    THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    make[1]: Entering directory `/media/HP V125X/pixi'
    Extract the webos doctor ...
    Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ...
    /bin/sh: cannot open build/unpacked-doctor/webos/nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage: No such file
    Wait for device to come back ...
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/HP V125X/pixi'
    The fun begins. DESTROYING ALL YOUR PIXI PARTITIONS.
    make[1]: *** [destroy] Error 127
    make: *** [install] Error 2
    **@ubuntu:/media/HP V125X/pixi$

From the looks of it it seems that I'm missing the "nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage" but here'ssome detail about the doctor I downloaded.

1. I downloaded the sprint 1.4.5 doctor (because I'm on sprint)
    2. I renamed it to the specified doctor name (ATT but I was afraid I'd mess up the phone even more).

I'll use the ATT doctor and see what happens.
    And now with the ATT doctor:

THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    Is your Pixi in recovery mode? And why would you name the Sprint doctor to the ATT doctor...all you need to do is change the file name in the makefile

And now with the ATT doctor:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    its just as easy any way you do it. I used cygwin but it works the same way with ubutu.
    Last edited by rch4him; 09/10/2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: a little more info
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Is your Pixi in recovery mode? And why would you name the Sprint doctor to the ATT doctor...all you need to do is change the file name in the makefile
    Yea I put in recovery mode (Big USB Icon FMI). What happened was that when I put in the sprint doctor name it said I needed the filename for ATT's doctor so I decided to temporarily rename it. I did change the Makefile.txt to just Makefile though.

Edit 1: I've now realized that giving the sprint doctor the wrong name will cause the "destroy 127 error code, but I still haven't found out where error 2 comes from.

Edit 2: I've renamed the sprint doctor back to its original name and got rid of the "error 127" but now there's only an "error 2" remaining Oh and by the way, the "PI" is just my nick name.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GTAFan9999; 09/11/2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    If you are using a sprint doctor you can use it by either changing the name of the doctor to read that of the att doctor or edit the makefile to use the sprint doctor
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Yea I put in recovery mode (Big USB Icon FMI). What happened was that when I put in the sprint doctor name it said I needed the filename for ATT's doctor so I decided to temporarily rename it. I did change the Makefile.txt to just Makefile though.

Edit 1: I've now realized that giving the sprint doctor the wrong name will cause the "destroy 127 error code, but I still haven't found out where error 2 comes from.

Edit 2: I've renamed the sprint doctor back to its original name and got rid of the "error 127" but now there's only an "error 2" remaining Oh and by the way, the "PI" is just my nick name.
    i might be wrong if so someone please correct me, but i think you may have the wrong doctor for your device.
    Last edited by dzee206; 09/11/2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I use the sprint doctor since I am on sprint. I just renamed it as the att doctor so I would not have to edit the makefile.
  17.    #1217  
    Quote Originally Posted by rch4him View Post
    I use the sprint doctor since I am on sprint. I just renamed it as the att doctor so I would not have to edit the makefile.
    The purpose of the doctor is to extract a single file used for booting the Pixi. It doesn't matter which one you use, but you have to name it correctly, the filename is hardcoded in the Makefile.
    rch4him and GTAFan9999 like this.
    Just use the ATT Pixi doctor, as NuttyBunny said it is just required for booting the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Just use the ATT Pixi doctor, as NuttyBunny said it is just required for booting the phone.
    Command lines must hate my phone...I still keep getting the destroy 127 when I use the att doctor. I learned that the error code means that the make file can't find the file it's looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Command lines must hate my phone...I still keep getting the destroy 127 when I use the att doctor. I learned that the error code means that the make file can't find the file it's looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong.

just redid my pixi and what do you know i got that same error. try right clicking each file one by one in your pixi file. go to properties, then the permissons tab, then check the box by execute. do this to all four file's then try the process again.