Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1436
Like Tree49Likes
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    yes finally 2.1 on pixi+ and pre+ all in the same night, time to get started on adding flash. thanks to everyone who helped me along the way. btw ill keep an eye on the thread incase more people need help, this is actually easier then it looks once you use the right system.
    Works for me, however any site save for google gives me a 400 Invalid Request error, and modifying palm-build-info didn't work, my profile is now 9.9.9'd. Any ideas?
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Works for me, however any site save for google gives me a 400 Invalid Request error, and modifying palm-build-info didn't work, my profile is now 9.9.9'd. Any ideas?
    I had that problem. I reinstalled it like 10+ times just to get it to work. Google worked fine for me, but sites like webos-internals.org or precentral.net would give a Bad Request Error.

BTW, me thinks it a patch issue. It was working fine before, I installed a couple of patches...
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Yeah, I'm beginning to think that as well. Mine seemed to break after signing in via Impostah. I got a 504 Bad Gateway error after my latest reinstall, but doing the standard Erase Data and Apps to fix google etc. fixed that also.
    I'm going to start installing patches one by one and testing the browser inbetween, shall report back shortly.

EDIT: Seems that 504 Bad Gateway is a precentral thing, it's intermittent and other sites work fine.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 08/30/2011 at 07:43 PM.
    Right, so far so good. Browser's still working and I've installed
    Preware
    Govnah
    Smooth Scrolling
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Preset Reset
    JSTop

I've also clocked it to 600mhz permanently via the Userspace governor, set Compcache to 128mb (though I believe it resets on reboot), Deadline IO and Westwood TCP.

I'm thinking it might be Impostah :s
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    just curious shiftyaxel, palmlover123 are your devices cdma or gsm?
    Mine's GSM, a Vodafone UK Pixi to be precise.
    Quote Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
    just curious shiftyaxel, palmlover123 are your devices cdma or gsm?
    GSM ATT Pixi Plus. Mine broke on the Sharing Mix Browser patch.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    ahhh,i recently put 2.1 back on, but i can't get the EV to get on also when i try to liog in my palm profile on impotash it gives me an error..?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    ahhh,i recently put 2.1 back on, but i can't get the EV to get on also when i try to liog in my palm profile on impotash it gives me an error..?
    I was under the impression that you fixed that yourself last time.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 09/05/2011 at 03:45 AM.
    well you're impression was wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    well you're impression was wrong..
    You do realize that this build of 2.1 is unfinishsed and very unstable?

Also this build was made for a GSM Pixi, which means ATT. This build was NOT made for a CDMA device. If you can't get your connection, go back to 1.4.5.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Just sso you can see that it will work on sprint network.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    palmlover123 likes this.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    GSM ATT Pixi Plus. Mine broke on the Sharing Mix Browser patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Mine's GSM, a Vodafone UK Pixi to be precise.
    seem's like 2.1 on gsm pixi's run smoother then 2.1 cdma pix, cause mine was way too slow. luckily i got a pre+ but still use the pixi for wifi. speaking of wifi where do i add "--wifi only" in the makefile to use wifi only? just asking cause maybe thats why my pixi was so laggy.
    seem's like 2.1 on gsm pixi's run smoother then 2.1 cdma pix, cause mine was way too slow. luckily i got a pre+ but still use the pixi for wifi. speaking of wifi where do i add "--wifi only" in the makefile to use wifi only? just asking cause maybe thats why my pixi was so laggy.
    I don't believe there's a flag for that in the makefile, since it's basically just a set of terminal commands. It doesn't work like the Meta-Doctor in that you can configure the build.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pixi-pixi-plus/294615-pixi-2-1-swap-file.html

Plus you will need to modify some settings with Govnah.Like increasing the compache, anticipatory and westwood, etc.
    Ok here are some questions I'm here to ask about.
    1. I've downloaded the Cygwin Bash Shell. But what do I type in order to "change yourself to the directory (cd DIRECTORY)"? If someone can, may I see a picture or video of the commands. I learn better that way.
    2. Which SDK do I download? 2.1 or 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Ok here are some questions I'm here to ask about.
    1. I've downloaded the Cygwin Bash Shell. But what do I type in order to "change yourself to the directory (cd DIRECTORY)"? If someone can, may I see a picture or video of the commands. I learn better that way.
    2. Which SDK do I download? 2.1 or 1.4.5?
    1. cant help you with cygwin i never got it to work for me but maybe someone else here can. its alot easier if you get ubuntu. on the link posted in the op someone commented with a screenshot of what they did.

2. didnt know sdk's came in different versions, thought they were all the same.
    Ok I've finally got it except after I use the "make install command I get this.

"THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    make[1]: Entering directory `/media/HP v125w/webOS 2.1'
    Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ...
    Wait for device to come back ...
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/HP v125w/webOS 2.1'
    The fun begins. DESTROYING ALL YOUR PIXI PARTITIONS.
    make[1]: *** [destroy] Error 127
    make: *** [install] Error 2"
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Ok I've finally got it except after I use the "make install command I get this.

"THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ...
    Wait for device to come back ...
    The fun begins. DESTROYING ALL YOUR PIXI PARTITIONS.
    make[1]: *** [destroy] Error 127
    make: *** [install] Error 2"
    how is your pixi 2.1 folder setup?