Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    NOTE:

If members want to move these junk posts from thread to thread, instead of closing them, we will address it with those members. Please keep these threads On-Topic and without all of the crap posts.

<<thread cleansed>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/03/2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It'll be done when it's done. Don't beg... lol
    Personally I wouldn't be mad at NB because working on a version that wasn't even meant for the CDMA pixi single-handedly sounds way too complicating and time consuming. I don't care if it takes him a year to get it done. I can wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtafan9999 View Post
    personally i wouldn't be mad at nb because working on a version that wasn't even meant for the cdma pixi single-handedly sounds way too complicating and time consuming. I don't care if it takes him a year to get it done. I can wait.
    finally someone understands.
    I've got my phone until at least July 2012 so any time before that is cool.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    omg i have a sprint cdma pixi and id love to get webos 2.+ on it!!
    i can't wait ,2.1 for pixi plus is good news.
    but now hp start to supply 2.3 vision ,so .......
    the veer launches on the 15th, is that what is holding up an update?
    So, I havent read this thread, not much of it, pretty much the OP, thats it.
    Did the rumor of sprint releasing webos 2.0 on may 2nd not come true? I see that other thread is locked...
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by machjeff1985 View Post
    the veer launches on the 15th, is that what is holding up an update?
    People, please.

There will be no more official updates for Pixi from Palm. They were trying to make 2.1 for Pre and Pixi, then they decided that the Pixi version was going to be very difficult to optimize, so they canned it. Instead they focused their attention to the Pre and Pre+, but in the end it was decided that not even the Pre/Pre+ would receive 2.1.

Fortunately, O2 and Palm made an agreement and they released 2.1, as it was at the moment, to O2 Pre Pluses, and that's where the meta doctored Pre's were able to exist.

On the other hand, there is NO OFFICIAL 2.1 VERSION FOR PIXI. Only this version, and it seems to be earlier than the Pre version. There is no legal way to put this version on the Pixis, I'm trying to base my work on the 2.1 Pre doctor and get the differences between the files, but it's no easy task.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    So, I havent read this thread, not much of it, pretty much the OP, thats it.
    Did the rumor of sprint releasing webos 2.0 on may 2nd not come true? I see that other thread is locked...
    It did not, which is unsurprising for a completely made-up rumour.

-- Rod
    I think it gave us a bit of hope but i guess the pixi is too weak.

10q very much NuttyBunny for your work.
    I just wonder why Palm even thought of making the pixi the way it is in the 1st place. Or at leased they could've made it a slab phone with the same specs (and screen size) as the pre or better. Then we'd all have webOS 2.1 goodies along with our pre cousins.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    People, please.

There will be no more official updates for Pixi from Palm. They were trying to make 2.1 for Pre and Pixi, then they decided that the Pixi version was going to be very difficult to optimize, so they canned it. Instead they focused their attention to the Pre and Pre+, but in the end it was decided that not even the Pre/Pre+ would receive 2.1.

Fortunately, O2 and Palm made an agreement and they released 2.1, as it was at the moment, to O2 Pre Pluses, and that's where the meta doctored Pre's were able to exist.

On the other hand, there is NO OFFICIAL 2.1 VERSION FOR PIXI. Only this version, and it seems to be earlier than the Pre version. There is no legal way to put this version on the Pixis, I'm trying to base my work on the 2.1 Pre doctor and get the differences between the files, but it's no easy task.
    Good luck, we're counting on you
    I'm willing to make a donation for your efforts
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    I just wonder why Palm even thought of making the pixi the way it is in the 1st place. Or at leased they could've made it a slab phone with the same specs (and screen size) as the pre or better. Then we'd all have webOS 2.1 goodies along with our pre cousins.
    I think the simple answer is palm was in a tight spot financially and they wanted to make the pixi on the cheap.
    That probably explains why HP is not making a HP Pixi 2
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    I think the simple answer is palm was in a tight spot financially and they wanted to make the pixi on the cheap.
    And so they did, the only webOS devices with a armv6 style processor are the Pixis. All other devices are armv7 based

They should had gone all armv7 and everybody should had been happy, they wouldn't had to suffer for the SDL bugs in 1.4.5, and all the efforts would had been done to make webOS a better platform, instead of trying to make things work in 2 different processors
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    What do you mean the Pixi is illegal to put 2.1 on, didnt they put it on the pre with being legal?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Can you confirm if bluetooth profile AVRCP 1.3 works? The link below mentions avrcp 1.3 on webos 2.1 and above.

Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    What do you mean the Pixi is illegal to put 2.1 on, didnt they put it on the pre with being legal?
    The difference is there is an official 2.1 doctor available for the Pre (plus). There is no 2.1 that has been released for pixi, just the strange prototypes obtained by our Vietnamese friends and copied for NuttyBunny through unsupported means.

Think of it this way: If your friend got an unreleased video game in the mail it is illegal for him to make copies of it and give it to all of his friends.
    Last edited by gfunkj; 05/05/2011 at 04:45 PM.