Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1436
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL View Post
    Hey man, can you detail exactly what patches / speed improvements in Govnah etc you are using?

Thanks so much
    Govnah- I/O Scheduler: Anticipary TCP Congestion: Westwood, Compache- 128 MB, I'm using the performace governor with a max speed of 600 MHz and a min speed of 600 MHz.

Patches- I will put the full list that I am using
    Add Audio to SMS
    Advanced Camera Configuration
    Advanced System Behavior
    Battery Percent and Icon
    Behavior and Options Tweaks(Browser)
    Browser Scrollbar
    Device Temperature Warnings
    Email Mega Mix
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothnes
    Mutli Mod
    Removed Dropped Packet Logging
    Riger Switch Icon
    Save Attatchments to Downloads folder
    Sharing Super Mix
    Show UMTS and HSDPA Icon
    Smooth Scrolling
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Downloads(Youtube)

And I used most off the steps that were included in this wiki article:
    WebOS 2 Upgrade Pre Minus - WebOS Internals

And You can't overclock or do the last advanced step.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    pLUSpISTOL likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Govnah- I/O Scheduler: Anticipary TCP Congestion: Westwood, Compache- 128 MB, I'm using the performace governor with a max speed of 600 MHz and a min speed of 600 MHz.

Add Audio to SMS
    Advanced System Behavior
    Battery Percent and Icon
    Behavior and Options Tweaks(Browser)
    Browser Scrollbar
    Device Temperature Warnings
    Email Mega Mix
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothnes
    Mutli Mod
    Removed Dropped Packet Logging
    Riger Switch Icon
    Save Attatchments to Downloads folder
    Sharing Super Mix
    Show UMTS and HSDPA Icon
    Smooth Scrolling
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Downloads(Youtube)

And I used most off the steps that were included in this wiki article:
    [url= 2 Upgrade Pre Minus - WebOS Internals[/url]

And You can't overclock or do the last advanced step.
    On the contrary, you can resize the swap. If resizefat is not on the Pixi version of 2.1, you can follow what I did in the Clearing Swap Memory thread. Not as elegant but it does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    On the contrary, you can resize the swap. If resizefat is not on the Pixi version of 2.1, you can follow what I did in the Clearing Swap Memory thread. Not as elegant but it does work.
    I tried that. Didn't work. You can't resize the swap.

Hey man, thanks for the settings and patches, big differences!

Just two questions:

1) Cannot get Advanced Camera Config to install, error is "Postinst -1: Unable to run command IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.camera-advanced-camera-configuration.postinst 2>&1" "2 out of 19 hunks FAILED"

2) I made a new profile - called "PalmLover" - with your settings but when I restart the phone Govnah reverts to Palm Fixed Speed 600 which has different compcache and TCP congest.

Can you advise me on either of them? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the settings and patches, big differences!

Just two questions:

1) Cannot get Advanced Camera Config to install, error is "Postinst -1: Unable to run command IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.camera-advanced-camera-configuration.postinst 2>&1" "2 out of 19 hunks FAILED"

2) I made a new profile - called "PalmLover" - with your settings but when I restart the phone Govnah reverts to Palm Fixed Speed 600 which has different compcache and TCP congest.

Can you advise me on either of them? Thanks
    No clue about the Advanced Camera Config Patch. For Govnah, it doesn't let you keep your current profile on a luna restart or a full reboot. For the patch, I would just kepp trying to install it.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Did you also made adjustments to the sysctl.conf? There are some recommandable values especially when using compcache, I think. You can try
    vm.swappiness = 90 #default 60
    vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 30 #default 100
    #these values make as much RAM available as possible for Luna and apps, not so much for disk caching.

also recommandable values (I use on the Pixi 1.4.5):
    vm.dirty_ratio = 95 #default 10
    # thanks to bassman97

vm.dirty_expire_centisecs = 3000 #default 6000
    vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 1000 #default 500
    # reduce system load caused by pdflush

vm.overcommit_memory = 0 #default 1
    # well known and recommanded by many testers
    Last edited by wiwa; 08/14/2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
    Did you also made adjustments to the sysctl.conf? There are some recommandable values especially when using compcache, I think. You can try
    vm.swappiness = 90 #default 60
    vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 30 #default 100
    #these values make as much RAM available as possible for Luna and apps, not so much for disk caching.

also recommandable values (I use on the Pixi 1.4.5):
    vm.dirty_ratio = 95 #default 10
    # thanks to bassman97

vm.dirty_expire_centisecs = 3000 #default 6000
    vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 1000 #default 500
    # reduce system load caused by pdflush

vm.overcommit_memory = 0 #default 1
    # well known and recommanded by many testers
    I did the the patches except for the compache disabler patch. And what do the steps above do?
    Last edited by palmlover123; 08/14/2011 at 09:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    OK, so I have a spare Verizon Pixi+ to play with so I want to see 2.1 on it for myself.

I am using Ubuntu in a VM but something isn't working correctly. I have the 4 required files in these locations:

Code:
    /home/trd/Makefile
    /home/trd/e4014e63a755ac02a63478047ad21d7e.tgz
    /home/trd/fixi.tgz
    /home/trd/downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless.jar
    I edited the Makefile to point to the 1.4.5 VZW Pixi+ doctor in the first two lines of code, then executed 'make install'

Code:
    trd@trd-VirtualBox:~$ make install
    THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/trd'
    Transfer nova installer to device and reboot your device with it ...
    Wait for device to come back ...
    At this point, in VirtualBox I have to mount the phone into Ubuntu. The script then finishes up:

Code:
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/trd'
    The fun begins. DESTROYING ALL YOUR PIXI PARTITIONS.
      Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
      Found volume group "store" using metadata type lvm2
      8 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active
    deleting partition filecache
      Logical volume "filecache" successfully removed
    deleting partition log
      Logical volume "log" successfully removed
    deleting partition media
      Logical volume "media" successfully removed
    deleting partition mojodb
      Logical volume "mojodb" successfully removed
    deleting partition root
      Logical volume "root" successfully removed
    deleting partition swap
      Logical volume "swap" successfully removed
    deleting partition update
      Logical volume "update" successfully removed
    deleting partition var
      Logical volume "var" successfully removed
    NOW EVERYTHING IS GONE.  Not even the webOS Doctor will save your Pixi
    Rebuilding the Pixi partitions
    Creating root partition
    File descriptor 3 (socket:[1616]) leaked on lvm.static invocation. Parent PID 957: novacomd
      Logical volume "root" created
    Creating var partition
    File descriptor 3 (socket:[1616]) leaked on lvm.static invocation. Parent PID 957: novacomd
      Logical volume "var" created
    Creating update partition
      Logical volume "update" created
    Creating log partition
      Logical volume "log" created
    Creating mojodb partition
      Logical volume "mojodb" created
    Creating filecche partition
      Logical volume "filecache" created
    Creating swap partition
      Logical volume "swap" created
    Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 172028 KiB
    no label, UUID=748cfc80-3268-48cd-be16-d6227dc6cc12
    Creating media partition
      Logical volume "media" created
    mkdosfs 3.0.2 (28 Feb 2009)
    unable to get drive geometry, using default 4/16
    nnrrPartitions recreated. You now even may run The Doctor. Did I scare you?
    mounting partitions in place
      Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
      Found volume group "store" using metadata type lvm2
      8 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active
    Filesystems mounted. Installing now... please hold on...
    Fixing mistakes
    Finishing writes
    Unmounting everything
    Installation Done. Rebooting
    Everything seems fine, but as soon as the phone reboots I get this error:

Code:
    bad or error response from other side: ''
    make[1]: *** [restoreall] Error 1
    make: *** [install] Error 2
    trd@trd-VirtualBox:~$
    The phone finishes booting and I am asked to set the language. English > North America > Confirm English. It attempts to activate but then Displays "Phone Error" "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved." The Wifi icon is there idle, roaming icon but no bars of reception.

What should I try next?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Right after I confirm English, I can go into the phone app. I put in ##DEVMODE# and hit send, but an error pops up "USSD request failed."
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I did the the patches except for the compache disabler patch. And what do the steps above do?
    Didn't that patch before... The first two are not in the patch. On the Pixi they only make sense when you have enlarged your swap partition and enabled compcache. In this case they do: Make as much active RAM available for Luna as possible and reduce the length of the disk I/O queue. The benefit is that waiting times are reduced or even eliminated at many occasions. The disadvantage is that the overall system performance becomes a little bit doughy (hardly noticable under webOS).
    I tried that. Didn't work. You can't resize the swap.
    Is it because the 2.1 Pixi doesn't have resizefat or is it because you are getting errors?

If the first one is the case, you need to install the fatresize optware package (follow the optware instructions in the optware wiki). Afterwards, you need to find what was installed and move it to the / directory vs. /opt. I found that /opt, if you install optware bootstrap, is located in /media so if you unmount /media/internal, it won't work for whatever reason. Putting it in the / directory solved this problem.

If the latter is the problem, have you made sure /media/internal is unmounted before continuing? Do you have any specific error messages? It took me about 2 days to brute force my way through it but I finally got it (added 350 MB to the swap).
    If you installed the sysctl patch, these settings are in there. As Wiwa said, they help optimize the memory to make as much RAM available as possible. For a thorough explanation on what each does, see the Cleaning Swap Memory thread in the Pre section.

In short, what was discovered was:
    1. By default, Palm made it so that if something requests memory space which is larger than what is currently available, the system will allow it (this is the overcommit bit). By disabling this, you are preventing this from happening. However, this is a problem if there isn't enough total memory, which if this is set, you should not disable swap. With swap on, this should be set to prevent oom from killing tasks to make space available.

2. The cleaning settings (dirty_writeback and dirty_expire) were too frequent, and would push data that would normally be cleaned by the system garbage collectors into swap. This would needlessly fill up your swap with garbage. By decreasing the frequency, you allow the garbage collectors to do their job.

3. The system would hit the emergency clean mark (dirty_ratio) prior to Luna leveling out. It was discovered that when that ratio is hit, the phone would basically slow to a crawl and become useless. To put it into perspective, Luna typically maxes out w/ 120-140 MB of swap usage. The stock setting would be tripped when over 50-100 MB were used. By pushing this ratio higher, you allow the system to not hit this value until you direly need to clean.

4. Since RAM is very limited on the Pixi, increasing swappiness allows only the most fresh data to remain in RAM (for example, data related to currently active applications). Everything else is pushed to swap.

5. Disabling compcache was done since the author of the patch felt it was no longer necessary with the much larger patch (given the speeds are somewhat similar between swap and compcache). This though is a personal preference. I feel that compcache still is necessary, but one only needs a small partition for it. The stock 10 MB I found worked the best for my 1.4.5 Pixi. However, if keeping compcache, it was found that letting Linux handle it was superior. To do this, one just needs to modify the compcache file to remove the backing store. Again, check the Pre thread for detailed instructions.

If you don't mind experimenting, play around with all the settings to see what suits your needs the best. This site provides some good guidence on what each VM setting does:

/proc/sys/vm | LinuxInsight

Just check before playing with a setting to see if it's on the Pixi, as not all of them are included (look in /proc/sys/vm to see what's in there).
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Right after I confirm English, I can go into the phone app. I put in ##DEVMODE# and hit send, but an error pops up "USSD request failed."
    Maybe try to use Ubuntu, not in a VM? Google Wubi. It's really easy to install and even easier to uninstall.

Is it because the 2.1 Pixi doesn't have resizefat or is it because you are getting errors?

If the first one is the case, you need to install the fatresize optware package (follow the optware instructions in the optware wiki). Afterwards, you need to find what was installed and move it to the / directory vs. /opt. I found that /opt, if you install optware bootstrap, is located in /media so if you unmount /media/internal, it won't work for whatever reason. Putting it in the / directory solved this problem.

If the latter is the problem, have you made sure /media/internal is unmounted before continuing? Do you have any specific error messages? It took me about 2 days to brute force my way through it but I finally got it (added 350 MB to the swap).

Yea, fatresize isn't in this version of 2.1. How to do unmount /media/internal... I'm first going to try the optware thing.

I did it, giving me an error: "ipkg-opt update" not found... Maybe a reboot could help...

A reboot didn't help. Could you give me step by step instructions on how to do it because I'm totally lost..

Nevermind, I had to cd /opt/bin. Then the ipkg-opt thing worked. Time for the other steps..

Installed fatresize

UPDATE: "resizefat: not found"
    Last edited by palmlover123; 08/16/2011 at 06:00 PM.

Yea, fatresize isn't in this version of 2.1. How to do unmount /media/internal... I'm first going to try the optware thing.

I did it, giving me an error: "ipkg-opt update" not found... Maybe a reboot could help...

A reboot didn't help. Could you give me step by step instructions on how to do it because I'm totally lost..

Nevermind, I had to cd /opt/bin. Then the ipkg-opt thing worked. Time for the other steps..

Installed fatresize

UPDATE: "resizefat: not found"

Before I list what I did, please keep in mind the usual disclaimer that I am not responsible for your phone turning into a Claymore and killing everyone around you, or at least requiring doctoring.

Here's what I did:

1. Follow the instructions here to install the necessary packages from Preware and the instructions for installing the necessary optware package (fatresize):
    Optware - WebOS Internals

Note that ipkg-opt install fatresize installs dependent packages. Take note of these.

2. After completeing step 1, find all the stuff installed w/ the fatresize package (should be fatresize, parted, and e2fs I think, but just note down what gets installed during ipkg-opt install).

3. Copy everything installed from the /opt directory to the / directory, placing everything in the same folders (I think you will have to copy an entire folder as well if I remember correctly). Remember to copy everything exactly from /opt to /. For example, if something was in /opt/sbin, copy it to /sbin. If something was in /opt only, copy it to /. Etc.

4. Once everything has been copied over, umount /media/internal (you may have to forcibly do it, which the appropriate command can be found in the umount help).

5. Follow the steps in the Pre- wiki, but replace the resizefat command w/ fatresize. Also note the different syntax. the correct way is:
    fatresize -s [your preferred size] [location, in this case, what's in the wiki for media].

6. This command doesn't execute quickly, so be patient. After it's done, follow the rest of the steps in the wiki. If doing swapoff, mkswap, swapon fails saying it's busy, a full device restart will be enough to finish these steps (or at least for me it was) since the same steps are done at start-up.

Just keep in mind that it's best to do this with a clean /media/internal, so I'd advise to back it up and wipe it prior to doing these steps (especially since ipkg-opt installs unstable versions of fatresize, etc. since for whatever reason, the stable version isn't available). Also, you don't have to size it to the size the wiki has. You can chose whatever size you want, just make sure whatever you decrease /media/internal by you increase the swap by the same amount. Also, I suggest doing f.s.c.k (without periods) on /media/internal to verify it and to correct any inconsistencies.
    I moved everything, the preferred size: is that what the swap file would be?And what is the preferred size that you did. Also here the f.s.c.k thing: I did the "umount -f /media/internal" It unmounted, then I did f.s.c.k, it gave me this:

f.s.c.k
    f.s.c.k 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
    e2fsck 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
    rootfs is mounted.

WARNING!!! Running e2fsck on a mounted filesystem may cause
    SEVERE filesystem damage.

Do you really want to continue (y/n)?
    I typed in "n" though.

Wait, If I decreased it by 400 MB, I would add 400 MB to the swap?

I deleted everything off my USB drive, when I went back to my phone, all of my apps and preware stuff was deleted..Then a message popped up and said that it would restore my apps..I waited like 10 minutes...Nothing was happening..Time to redo 2.1 again

Before I list what I did, please keep in mind the usual disclaimer that I am not responsible for your phone turning into a Claymore and killing everyone around you, or at least requiring doctoring.

Here's what I did:

1. Follow the instructions here to install the necessary packages from Preware and the instructions for installing the necessary optware package (fatresize):
    Optware - WebOS Internals

Note that ipkg-opt install fatresize installs dependent packages. Take note of these.

2. After completeing step 1, find all the stuff installed w/ the fatresize package (should be fatresize, parted, and e2fs I think, but just note down what gets installed during ipkg-opt install).

3. Copy everything installed from the /opt directory to the / directory, placing everything in the same folders (I think you will have to copy an entire folder as well if I remember correctly). Remember to copy everything exactly from /opt to /. For example, if something was in /opt/sbin, copy it to /sbin. If something was in /opt only, copy it to /. Etc.

4. Once everything has been copied over, umount /media/internal (you may have to forcibly do it, which the appropriate command can be found in the umount help).

5. Follow the steps in the Pre- wiki, but replace the resizefat command w/ fatresize. Also note the different syntax. the correct way is:
    fatresize -s [your preferred size] [location, in this case, what's in the wiki for media].

6. This command doesn't execute quickly, so be patient. After it's done, follow the rest of the steps in the wiki. If doing swapoff, mkswap, swapon fails saying it's busy, a full device restart will be enough to finish these steps (or at least for me it was) since the same steps are done at start-up.

Just keep in mind that it's best to do this with a clean /media/internal, so I'd advise to back it up and wipe it prior to doing these steps (especially since ipkg-opt installs unstable versions of fatresize, etc. since for whatever reason, the stable version isn't available). Also, you don't have to size it to the size the wiki has. You can chose whatever size you want, just make sure whatever you decrease /media/internal by you increase the swap by the same amount. Also, I suggest doing f.s.c.k (without periods) on /media/internal to verify it and to correct any inconsistencies.
    Last edited by palmlover123; 08/17/2011 at 01:21 PM.

I moved everything, the preferred size: is that what the swap file would be?And what is the preferred size that you did. Also here the f.s.c.k thing: I did the "umount -f /media/internal" It unmounted, then I did f.s.c.k, it gave me this:

f.s.c.k
    f.s.c.k 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
    e2fsck 1.41.4 (27-Jan-2009)
    rootfs is mounted.

WARNING!!! Running e2fsck on a mounted filesystem may cause
    SEVERE filesystem damage.

Do you really want to continue (y/n)?
    I typed in "n" though.

Wait, If I decreased it by 400 MB, I would add 400 MB to the swap?
    The preferred size is what ever size you want /media/internal to be reduced to. Please check its initial size prior to entering a value here. For my 1.4.5 Pixi, it was 6.35 GB and I reduced it to 6 GB. I then added 350 MB to swap (same as wiki). However, don't blindly use numbers. Obviously check what you have initially, reduce it to a desired value, and then add that to swap. Do not just pick numbers for both arbitrarily, as the net result should be 0. In my case, I took 350 MB off of /media/internal and transferred it to swap. Make sure what you remove from /media/internal goes to swap otherwise you'll have wasted free space that isn't used by the system.

Also, f.s.c.k (without periods) should be done after everything is complete, and not on the root directory. Please reread my prior post (I said to run it, without periods, on /media/internal).

More importantly, if you do continue, DO NOT ALTER THE STEPS. The wiki has them in order to prevent any issues with the volumes and partitions. The steps I added are done so that you can run the commands in the wiki and to check integrity after finishing the wiki steps.
    I'm glad that I reinstalled 2.1, weirdly now my web broswer works...now I'm going to try the steps. I am actually posting from my phone

UPDATE: I get this when I'm doing this: fatresize -s 6.0G /dev/store/media

fatresize -s 6.0G /dev/store/media
    Usage: fatresize [options] device (e.g. /dev/hda1, /dev/sda2)
    Resize an FAT16/FAT32 volume non-destructively:

-s, --size SIZE Resize volume to SIZE[k|M|G|ki|Mi|Gi] bytes
    -i, --info Show volume information
    -p, --progress Show progress
    -q, --quite Be quite
    -v, --verbose Verbose
    -h, --help Display this help

Please report bugs to mouse@altlinux.org

Ok, now I get this:

fatresize -s 6G /dev/store/media
    fatresize 1.0.2 (11/30/10)
    Error: The file system's CHS geometry is (0, 0, 0), which is invalid. The partition table's CHS geometry is (830, 255, 63). If you select Ignore, the file system's CHS geometry will be left unchanged. If you select Fix, the file system's CHS geometry will be set to match the partition table's CHS geometry.
    Error: The file system's CHS geometry is (0, 0, 0), which is invalid. The partition table's CHS geometry is (830, 255, 63). If you select Ignore, the file system's CHS geometry will be left unchanged. If you select Fix, the file system's CHS geometry will be set to match the partition table's CHS geometry.

The preferred size is what ever size you want /media/internal to be reduced to. Please check its initial size prior to entering a value here. For my 1.4.5 Pixi, it was 6.35 GB and I reduced it to 6 GB. I then added 350 MB to swap (same as wiki). However, don't blindly use numbers. Obviously check what you have initially, reduce it to a desired value, and then add that to swap. Do not just pick numbers for both arbitrarily, as the net result should be 0. In my case, I took 350 MB off of /media/internal and transferred it to swap. Make sure what you remove from /media/internal goes to swap otherwise you'll have wasted free space that isn't used by the system.

Also, f.s.c.k (without periods) should be done after everything is complete, and not on the root directory. Please reread my prior post (I said to run it, without periods, on /media/internal).

More importantly, if you do continue, DO NOT ALTER THE STEPS. The wiki has them in order to prevent any issues with the volumes and partitions. The steps I added are done so that you can run the commands in the wiki and to check integrity after finishing the wiki steps.
    Last edited by palmlover123; 08/17/2011 at 06:26 PM.
    I'm glad that I reinstalled 2.1, weirdly now my web broswer works...now I'm going to try the steps. I am actually posting from my phone

UPDATE: I get this when I'm doing this: fatresize -s 6.0G /dev/store/media

fatresize -s 6.0G /dev/store/media
    Usage: fatresize [options] device (e.g. /dev/hda1, /dev/sda2)
    Resize an FAT16/FAT32 volume non-destructively:

-s, --size SIZE Resize volume to SIZE[k|M|G|ki|Mi|Gi] bytes
    -i, --info Show volume information
    -p, --progress Show progress
    -q, --quite Be quite
    -v, --verbose Verbose
    -h, --help Display this help

Please report bugs to mouse@altlinux.org

Ok, now I get this:

fatresize -s 6G /dev/store/media
    fatresize 1.0.2 (11/30/10)

Did you do anything else like resize the volume sizes (using lvm) before using fatresize? It is important to resize the fat partition before you play with lvm. If you played with lvm, you need to bring everything back to stock and start from the beginning again. To do so, at the very least, put your lvm sizes back to stock and wipe the internal drive again.
    Did you do anything else like resize the volume sizes (using lvm) before using fatresize? It is important to resize the fat partition before you play with lvm. If you played with lvm, you need to bring everything back to stock and start from the beginning again. To do so, at the very least, put your lvm sizes back to stock and wipe the internal drive again.
    I didn't play with any other steps.. I was stuck on fatresize, but them when I got it right, it gave me that message. Should I continue?