Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    It really doesn't even matter anymore though because I hardly ever use my phone anymore. I use my TouchPad for everything
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    webOS doctor it back to factory and then install 2.1 again see if that works
    heino,
    1.4.5 or 2.1?
    I don't know how you ppl are having so much trouble. I put cygwin on, followed instructions exactly and it worked the 1st time.

also, what the F zacky?!?! Didn't I help you with this like, 4 months ago? Did you not learn from that experience?

I say if you can't follow simple inatructions, this probably isn't something you should be doing to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bero View Post
    heino,
    1.4.5 or 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    I don't know how you ppl are having so much trouble. I put cygwin on, followed instructions exactly and it worked the 1st time.

also, what the F zacky?!?! Didn't I help you with this like, 4 months ago? Did you not learn from that experience?

I say if you can't follow simple inatructions, this probably isn't something you should be doing to your phone.
    Wait, you helped him before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Activation isn't the only problem. It won't activate, won't set the langauge (meaning the OS won't work), and the emergency call won't even work.
    Well, this is still *unsupported*, but do you have a GSM Pixi? Maybe try to doctor back to 1.4.5 and try again?

EDIT: Install the first use patch and then try again.
    Last edited by palmlover123; 08/01/2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heino View Post
    I'd just like to point to the "clearing the swap memory" thread in the "palm pre and pre plus" subforum. I did the changes (patch installations and swap increase) suggested there and the phone runs much faster and more stable than in original configuration.
    My phone runs great even without compache, but is the difference noticeable, like opening more than 4 cards?

EDIT: I'm going to try that out now.

Did you do the advanced hacks?
    Last edited by palmlover123; 08/01/2011 at 08:16 AM.
    Hello folks!

Thanks to NuttyBunny for this wonderfull work that give us a great chance to use webos advanced capacity on our pixi.

I'm trying to install the webos doctor 2.1 on my O2 pixi plus using cygwin and windows xp, but i have an error when i run the make install command.

The error say there is no way to unpack webos doctor. A build file is created in the common file where All files have good name and good emplacement. And inside the build file there is a file named "unpacked doctor" that is empty.

"Error1: unpacked doctor
    Error2: on install
    SDK is installed"

Would you be pleased to tell me what i miss?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Uniulincu
    Last edited by uniulincu; 08/01/2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: "new details"
    Quote Originally Posted by uniulincu View Post
    Hello folks!

Thanks to NuttyBunny for this wonderfull work that give us a great chance to use webos advanced capacity on our pixi.

I'm trying to install the webos doctor 2.1 on my O2 pixi plus using cygwin and windows xp, but i have an error when i run the make install command.

The error say there is no way to unpack webos doctor. A build file is created in the common file where All files have good name and good emplacement. And inside the build file there is a file named "unpacked doctor" that is empty.

Would you be pleased to tell me what i miss?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Uniulincu
    Run Cygwin's setup.exe and search for "unzip". Then install it. After you install it the "unzip" thing, could you try doing it again and then telling us the results?
    Last edited by palmlover123; 08/01/2011 at 09:11 AM.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    uniulincu likes this.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi !

I'm new here, I've just bought a Pixi Plus on the web. (First, sorry for my bad english, I'm Belgian)
    I read a lot of things on this topic, but it's hard to find some informations because of the 42 pages ... So I hope someone will answer to my questions.
    What about the battery life with WebOS 2.1 ? As good as 1.4.5 ?
    I read the Pixi is really laggy with WebOS2, is there a way to improve that ? Is it really possible to use it every day or is it only on test purpose ?
    Can I use WebOS2 in French ? I'd like to use Text Assist, but I write my message and emails in French.

Thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilien View Post
    Hi !

I'm new here, I've just bought a Pixi Plus on the web. (First, sorry for my bad english, I'm Belgian)
    I read a lot of things on this topic, but it's hard to find some informations because of the 42 pages ... So I hope someone will answer to my questions.
    I read the Pixi is really laggy with WebOS2, is there a way to improve that ? Is it really possible to use it every day or is it only on test purpose ?
    Can I use WebOS2 in French ? I'd like to use Text Assist, but I write my message and emails in French.

Thank you !
    So far with my 1 day experience with 2.1 on my pixi it has been run a lot better the 1.4.5. 1.4.5 took along time to respond with a touch but with 2.1 touch the screen it moves instatanious. But there are a few things that dont work like the facebook app and i think email doesent work eaither. But please listen to me do the 2.1 upgrade you will like it a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    So far with my 1 day experience with 2.1 on my pixi it has been run a lot better the 1.4.5. 1.4.5 took along time to respond with a touch but with 2.1 touch the screen it moves instatanious. But there are a few things that dont work like the facebook app and i think email doesent work eaither. But please listen to me do the 2.1 upgrade you will like it a lot more.
    My email works. Facebook doesn't work, you need to edit something in the settings to make it work.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilien View Post
    Hi !

Thank you !
    You can use WebOS 2.1 in French, but I'm not too sure about Text Assist in French. The battery life is actually better than 1.4.5. You need to tweak it though in Govnah if you want a good experience. The Pixi only has 192 MB of RAM, and Webos 2.1 alone needs about 300 MB . But if you follow webos internals guide to tweak it( they did it on a pre-, so we don't know if the advanced patches work), It will give you a better experience. Here's the link to the WebOS 2 Tweak page (I have tested everything except the advanced stuff): WebOS 2 Upgrade Pre Minus - WebOS Internals,

It's still in testing phase, but I use it as a every day phone.

Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    My email works. Facebook doesn't work, you need to edit something in the settings to make it work.
    How do i get my email to work ill retry it now and see whats up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    How do i get my email to work ill retry it now and see whats up.
    You go to the email app, then add your email account?

17.    #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    You go to the email app, then add your email account?
    Or go to the Accounts app and create it there

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Or go to the Accounts app and create it there

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That's what I was thinking, but I thought you could only add a Google account

Ok so i tried to add my hotmail account and when it says create and unknown error pops up??
    Hey Nutty, while your here, can the Pixi do the swap partiton thingy that pre- thing is doing? I mean the advanced stuff at the bottom of the page

WebOS 2 Upgrade Pre Minus - WebOS Internals