Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #41  
    Reposting here, in MY "official" thread:

Small update:
    Youtube: Works great
    Browser: I'm posting from it
    Flash: The preferences are in the browser, but apparently there's no plugin.
    Exhibition Mode: Standard 2.1 one, no landscape mode
    Camera: Takes pictures, tried video but it says "couldn't capture video". I tried twice.
    App Catalog: I haven't logged to a profile yet, I surely will have to mask the Pixi version to 1.4.5
    QuickOffice & PDF View are there, same versions as 2.1
    Govnah reports a max speed of 600Mhz, with a setable compcache that is locked at 10Mb on boot, just like 2.1 on Pres. It also shows the cpu temperature, with the default kernel.. Odd.
    GPS works fine, gmaps works fine, messaging works, etc.

The problem is that it lags. A lot. Even with more compcache. And I've not installed anything. Of course I haven't Full Erased yet (until I finish cleaning patches). Well, it seems the stupid ondemandctl configuration is pure crap I did set the Pixi to run at full speed (performance, 600Mhz) and it runs snappy. This may have future.

When, and if I need someone to help test cdma I'll ask.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

Small update:
    Youtube: Works great
    Browser: I'm posting from it
    Exhibition Mode: Standard 2.1 one, no landscape mode
    Camera: Takes pictures, tried video but it says "couldn't capture video". I tried twice.
    App Catalog: I haven't logged to a profile yet, I surely will have to mask the Pixi version to 1.4.5
    QuickOffice & PDF View are there, same versions as 2.1
    Govnah reports a max speed of 600Mhz, with a setable compcache that is locked at 10Mb on boot, just like 2.1 on Pres. It also shows the cpu temperature, with the default kernel.. Odd.
    GPS works fine, gmaps works fine, messaging works, etc.

The problem is that it lags. A lot. Even with more compcache. And I've not installed anything. Of course I haven't Full Erased yet (until I finish cleaning patches). Well, it seems the stupid ondemandctl configuration is pure crap I did set the Pixi to run at full speed (performance, 600Mhz) and it runs snappy. This may have future.

When, and if I need someone to help test cdma I'll ask.

Thanks.

Your my hero..... Enough said
    kind of surprised that the flash option would even be there, seeing as how adobe isn't even making it for armV6.

anyway, great job NB. Like I said previously, when its ready to test, I've got an extra pixi to use...though, it doesn't have a aim, so I guess I'll have to do a swap from my 1.4.5 phone.
    Great job NuttyBunny!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Too bad about the app catalog.
    Really? Nokia N series has flash and those are all arm11/V6. Or is that just Flash Lite?
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    kind of surprised that the flash option would even be there, seeing as how adobe isn't even making it for armV6.

anyway, great job NB. Like I said previously, when its ready to test, I've got an extra pixi to use...though, it doesn't have a aim, so I guess I'll have to do a swap from my 1.4.5 phone.
    its probably flash lite....i'm not familiar with it. I do know that adobe isn't doing flash 10 mobile for armV6 though.

also, mods can we sticky this so people stop posting in the other threads? Its confusing trying to jump back and forth, and my tiny brain can't handle it!
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    its probably flash lite....i'm not familiar with it. I do know that adobe isn't doing flash 10 mobile for armV6 though.

also, mods can we sticky this so people stop posting in the other threads? Its confusing trying to jump back and forth, and my tiny brain can't handle it!
    +1 on the sticky
    <<posts 41-42 moved into this thread>>
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    are you planning later to ad flash plugin from http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2884130
    What about Stacks? thats a cool feature.. is it working?
  12.    #52  
    As far as I can tell, it's stock 2.1. So, all the things that are on the German 2.1 Doctor are here except for Voice Dial (Flash didn't come with the German Doctor). Everything else is here.
    I'm having an issue creating a Facebook account, it may be because I had to overwrite some files. I'll work tomorrow on re-unpatching it again instead of simply overwriting files as mad from the 2.1 Pre doctor.
    Once I have a stable, factory-like installation, I'll do a full erase and continue working from there, checking which files are the same and which files differ from a standard 2.1 installation, and see what are the posibilities of creating a frankendoctor from a 1.4.5 Pixi doctor, a 2.1 Pre doctor, and some binary diff files. This will not be an easy task, so, please, stop bugging.

It'll be done WHEN IT'S DONE
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    but, does Stacks work? on Pixi's tiny screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    My guess is if he said "stock 2.1 except Voice dialing" then Stacks works
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    It should. I mean if the Veer has it I don't see why the Pixi can't.

Good work Nutty! Can't wait to see what you get for a final product!
    woo hoooo, Thanks so much nuttttty
    Wow Zachy I know yer excited to get this but you are swinging pretty hard from Nutty's, Well how to put it yer swinging pretty hard from Nutty's Nut Bag. Lol not meant to upset just a little rousing is all. I just keep seeing all yer post's had to say summin'. Cheers mate. Enjoy the wait for your 2.1, It'll be worth it when you get it trust me. I love 2.1 on my FrankenPre+. It is fantastic!!!!
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
    just wanted to stop by and say thanks to NB for the effort.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    that's a hell of a job you've done cant wait to get it on my pixi plus. ive been waiting soooooo long for this.
    I just want to know when you can get webos 2.3 on the pixi.

j/k
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast