Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Hey great news MY PIXI WORKS AGAIN. but, i got it at the home screen in devolper mode but, when i do a full erase it still doesnt give me Sprint's connection. Any suggestions ?
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Hey great news MY PIXI WORKS AGAIN. but, i got it at the home screen in devolper mode but, when i do a full erase it still doesnt give me Sprint's connection. Any suggestions ?
    Doctor to 1.4.5, activate, make sure you have calls and data.
    Install 2.1, use developer mode, do the full erase.
    It *should* work after that.

If it doesn't... well, you know, I don't have one of those

But first...
    Please don't tell me that it's the same number as your Pre... You aren't trying to activate the same sprint number on 2 different devices, are you?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    what do you mean i took my pre off and put the pixi back on ?
  4.    #444  
    what do you mean i took my pre off and put the pixi back on ?
    Yep, something like that. Your Pixi has a different number than the Pre and it's still activated, right?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    The Pixi is now activated... and the Pre is not activated anymore, they were on the same number when i activated the pre it was the same number that im using for the pixi now, why?
    Best settings Govnah for me:
    Userspace 600
    compcache enabled 64
    anticipatory

four cards always open (FB,messaging,agenda,email) all very smooth, incoming calls from sleep work sometimes mails don't sound or arrive later though. Keep on testing, but overall better than 1.4.5. Generally though, when it is in sleep, it seems to have problems to wake up
    Got 2.1 to behave on my Sprint Pixi (minus), unfortunately performance was just about unbearable but this at least whets my appitite for WebOS 2.x/3.x.

Now to convince the powers that be at work to seriously look at HP for Enterprise mobile solutions...

Thanks for the bash script Nutty, worked nicely on my Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by scr512 View Post
    Now to convince the powers that be at work to seriously look at HP for Enterprise mobile solutions...
    Not gonna happen until webOS has an equivalent of BES. That's the only reason why enterprise organizations stick with Crackberry..they can control the policies. I HATE CRACKBERRY!!! That little pencil stick has got to go! The OS is hard to navigate, and the hardware blows chunks! Are you listening HP? Create a WES, and more organizations will quickly adopt webOS. You already have a working model..steal it (just like Microsuck did).
    I'd like to point to this thread:

forums.precentral. net/showthread.php?f=210&t=281268

and the posts starting from page 26.

i have enabled the swap settings and am experimenting with the settings. right now I use the no compcache setting (for almost a day without reboot). I am not satisfied with the results yet and will change to the 96 mb compcache setting for further testing.
    so far no crashes but some severe hickups, at times the phone is ok in terms of speed, sometimes there are 20 second lags (4 cards open).
    battery drain is huge, but the same as without the applied settings (80% drain in 15 and a half hours without usage, just lying around, connected to wlan and gsm network, email on as arrives)

anyone else testing settings? would be nice to get some other results.

Best regards,

Heino

(cant post links yet so i cut the url in half)
    problem
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #451  
    problem
    *sigh*

Download the webos doctor, place it in downloads directory, give it the name webosdoctorp121ewwatt.jar

read the blog post, everything is in there.

yes, i renamed it, and everythings in the right files. i have fixi, make file, and the 2.1 in there. and then i have a folder inside that folder called downloads which has that doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by heino View Post
    I'd like to point to this thread:

forums.precentral. net/showthread.php?f=210&t=281268

and the posts starting from page 26.

i have enabled the swap settings and am experimenting with the settings. right now I use the no compcache setting (for almost a day without reboot). I am not satisfied with the results yet and will change to the 96 mb compcache setting for further testing.
    so far no crashes but some severe hickups, at times the phone is ok in terms of speed, sometimes there are 20 second lags (4 cards open).
    battery drain is huge, but the same as without the applied settings (80% drain in 15 and a half hours without usage, just lying around, connected to wlan and gsm network, email on as arrives)

anyone else testing settings? would be nice to get some other results.

Best regards,

Heino

(cant post links yet so i cut the url in half)
    so far perfomance of my pixi is good, userspace 600, comp 64, anticipatory. It works better with three cards (chat connected but in background), email, fb, agenda. I have experienced some reboots (i think that is, since all my cards are gone and the settings of govnah is back to palm defaults).
    wifi on all day, almost no calls, email push, gsm on, checking fb regularly, basically one charge per day for my type of usage. if it continues like this, i might hold on the veer for now.....
    i also have a problem: i know that it says to upgrade the modem firmware but i put my phone in recovery mode(took out battery,held the up volume button, then inserted usb, then a big usb thing showed up), i typed in "make reflash-modem" and when i turned it on, sms doesnt work...can somebody please show me how to fix this? i must be doing something wrong...
    Last edited by palmlover123; 06/04/2011 at 07:32 PM.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    i also have a problem: i know that it says to upgrade the modem firmware but i put my phone in recovery mode(took out battery,held the up volume button, then inserted usb, then a big usb thing showed up), i typed in "make reflash-modem" and when i turned it on, sms doesnt work...can somebody please show me how to fix this? i must be doing something wrong...
    After you typed make reflash-modem, did you see that it did flash the modem? Are you on a GSM Pixi Plus?

16.    #456  
    yes, i renamed it, and everythings in the right files. i have fixi, make file, and the 2.1 in there. and then i have a folder inside that folder called downloads which has that doctor.
    You did something wrong.

Last time you made it properly and I haven't modified anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    After you typed make reflash-modem, did you see that it did flash the modem? Are you on a GSM Pixi Plus?

Yea, I have a ATT Pixi Plus. But what do you mean by flash the modem...i typed it in, and it still showed me the big usb.. do you need to type in enter after or...
    Last edited by palmlover123; 06/05/2011 at 06:29 AM.

Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    Yea, I have a ATT Pixi Plus. But what do you mean by flash the modem...i typed it in, and it still showed me the big usb.. do you need to type in enter after or...
    From what I remember, you put your Pixi on recovery mode (big USB icon), type "make modem-reflash", and you'll see on your terminal window that it's "booting", and then it will tell you that is flashing the modem, with lots of info.

You should at least post a log or screenshot of the results of the command if you expect any help at all. Going the Zacky59's route won't get you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    From what I remember, you put your Pixi on recovery mode (big USB icon), type "make modem-reflash", and you'll see on your terminal window that it's "booting", and then it will tell you that is flashing the modem, with lots of info.

You should at least post a log or screenshot of the results of the command if you expect any help at all. Going the Zacky59's route won't get you anywhere.

Thanks so much, I thought that you had to type it in on the phone(lol)...time to get my ubuntu vm running....

UPDATE: Thanks again nutty, it worked!!
    Last edited by palmlover123; 06/05/2011 at 10:02 AM.

i'm experiencing some random reboots + some reset (no data loss, but app catalog asking me again to accept terms of use, calendar asking me for accounts as if it were first time, even it is keeping my schedule)
    Any clue? And of course, it forces everything back to Palm default settings in Govnah