Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    im gonna post one. Will be up in like 30 mins. Won't be the best quality, but gets the job done
    well that was fun for a little while, but I had to doctor back to 1.4.5... it was DEAD slow.
    video is uploading now. Here is two pictures showing data, phone, and exhibition mode working on the pixi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    well, how about asking the source code from hp...?

let's arrange a petition or something and ask them,
    maybe they'll give it to us and then we could OC the Pixi....
    I found it faster to not have a palm profile setup and to have govnah set to performance. also set I/O scheduler to anticipatory. Had 16mb cache too to have more windows open and help with battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by culinary_guy View Post
    well that was fun for a little while, but I had to doctor back to 1.4.5... it was DEAD slow.
    hey, great work, it works well but how can i change the file "/etc/palm-build-info" with a 1.4.5?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culinary_guy View Post
    could you help me out? I can't understand how to do this...
    read through the thread and find nuttyslink. And i would advice you do this, its for advanced users really.
    Guys... can somone do a webOS Doctor for this version 2.1 for Pixi?
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    Guys... can somone do a webOS Doctor for this version 2.1 for Pixi?
    Maybe you prefer me to go to your place and install it for you?

You could ask Palm to do a webOS Doctor for this ...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Maybe you prefer me to go to your place and install it for you?

You could ask Palm to do a webOS Doctor for this ...
    I mean a webOS meta-doctor... And I'm generally speaking, since I've a Pre- .. I needed for other users... xD
    Anyway if you insist you call home...

P.s: not all those who have a Pixi means of unix language, so if you can help me I shall be grateful
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    I mean a webOS meta-doctor... And I'm generally speaking, since I've a Pre- .. I needed for other users... xD
    Anyway if you insist you call home...

P.s: not all those who have a Pixi means of unix language, so if you can help me I shall be grateful
    I know what you meant, the problem is that it has to have a certain level of difficulty so we don't begin bricking Pixis (like the one that died on this thread). This webOs version isn't supported or distributed by Palm. At any moment it can be pulled off... Creating a webOS Doctor and distributing it will be even worse since there will be people who thinks that it really comes from Palm.. then the support calls will begin..

This can get messy if someone steps forward and does that.

Please, read and research. It's really not that hard.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Yeah, you guys really wanna listen and read everything.. unfourently, it was too late for me, i already bricked my pixi (my bad!) haahha.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I know what you meant, the problem is that it has to have a certain level of difficulty so we don't begin bricking Pixis (like the one that died on this thread). This webOs version isn't supported or distributed by Palm. At any moment it can be pulled off... Creating a webOS Doctor and distributing it will be even worse since there will be people who thinks that it really comes from Palm.. then the support calls will begin..

This can get messy if someone steps forward and does that.

Please, read and research. It's really not that hard.
    Ops... I hadn't considered these issues... I begin to understand, well it means that for those who want to update its pixi, I will make a guide in Italian, based on your, on my forum

Thanks for your interest and support
    hi guys, sorry to bother with old problems: i did all the steps, downloaded the virtual box, palm sdk, the webos doctor (in the sub-directory downloads), the three files and put it in one folder. i renamed through mv Makefile-modem.txt makefile the text file. i did these steps both on mac and pc, but same result:

bash: make: command not found

what should i do? i read all the posts in the thread, tried the advices, but i end up always with not even starting anythin. It would be great if you could give me a hint and forgive my unability!
    Thanks anyone
    make sure you have 'make' installed. That's your problem.
    thanks a lot! where can i find the make program? i looked up in cygwin and found it, but it gives me only text on a web page....
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirga78 View Post
    thanks a lot! where can i find the make program? i looked up in cygwin and found it, but it gives me only text on a web page....
    When you run the cygwin "setup.exe" file, it gives you the option of installing extra packages. There is where you have to install make

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

thanks a million, trying to do that now.....
    Everything works good, sometimes stucks but overall butter ui performance.
    problem: app store doesn't work, probably due to bypass activation (no email in palm profile)
    How can i fix that? wish to download only a couple of apps
    thanks everyone and nutty for the great work
    Hi,

Is it possible to install the NDrive navigation application?

Thanks,