Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Download the webos sdk. developer.palm.com/content/resources/develop/sdk_pdk_download.html

Then download the latest webos doctor for your phone webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions

*If in windows download cygwin* (as a note when installing cygwin make sure you install the unzip and make package from the development section in the install)

nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011/05/22/this-is-it-webos-2-1-on-your-pixi-plus-gsm/

download all files from nuttybunnys site and put in the proper folders making all files the same name and file extension stated on the page

Then cd to the directory. (EX: if the folder is located at C:\Pixi2.1 . Then type cd C:\Pixi2)

Next type make install and let the magic happen
    what would YOU do if you had my choice? stick to my nexus one android device or sell it and buy a pre plus and install webos 2.1? is it worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo444 View Post
    Ive had mine at 2.1 with all data,wifi, and phone working for a day now.
    I would love to see this in action.
    Any way you could post a video?
    I love webos. My only problem with it is lack of apps. But there so many apps coming out now for webos because of its gain in popularity due to the veer, and a huge community backing webos. The pre has flash 10.1, so to tell you the truth that would be good enough for me. And to tell you the truth you can get pretty much everything plus more on a webos device than you can on an android. The only difference is android has ALOT more games for it. If your fine with little available games, or fine with playing flash games on your phone than I would definately choose a webos device over a android one.
    Lol i guess if you really want me too i can post a video. But the best way to see it if your a pixi owner is to do it yourself
    I keep getting this error "make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop."
    Are you using cygwin? if so then you need to install the GNU utility called make from the development section in the cygwin install. You can always start the setup again and just install that package by itself without reinstalling cygwin.
    no I'm in terminal on my mac.
    And if you do have make, then make sure the makefile file has no extension if its called makefile.txt then its wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo444 View Post
    Are you using cygwin? if so then you need to install the GNU utility called make from the development section in the cygwin install. You can always start the setup again and just install that package by itself without reinstalling cygwin.
    ok, cool.

so now it says: "THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    Extract the webos doctor ..."
    This is what the folder should look like. and in the downloads folder have the webos doctor file in there. It also has to be named webosdoctorp121ewwatt.jar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thats a good thing
    Quote Originally Posted by culinary_guy View Post
    ok, cool.

so now it says: "THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NVRAM PARTITION FROM YOURDEVICE AND TRY TO INSTALL 2.1 ON IT. IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK.IF IT DOESN'T WORK YOU'RE INVITED TO USEmake uninstallAND THEN RESTORE USING WEBOS DOCTOR.
    Extract the webos doctor ..."
    what do I do next O.O
    It should do the rest by itself form there. just make sure not to unplug your pixi till its done. Do you have a gsm pixi or a cdma?
    Quote Originally Posted by culinary_guy View Post
    what do I do next O.O
    sprint CDMA
    oh I see now...
    Then after its done and your pixi starts up choose the country your in, and after you hit confirm hit the tab at the bottom that says place a call. then hit emergency call and clear the number in the dialer and enter, #*3386633#. Then select on for devmode. after the restart go to device info under the system tab in the launcher and hit Reset options and select full erase. After it resets you should have service . By erasing the device data it clears the gsm data on the phone allowing it to detect your cdma modem.
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyMcDirty View Post
    what would YOU do if you had my choice? stick to my nexus one android device or sell it and buy a pre plus and install webos 2.1? is it worth it?
    This is probably the wrong thread since this is a Pixi thread. You should probably ask this question in the Pre forum.

My friend had a Pre Plus overclocked and running 2.1 but he is happier with his Pre2 than he was with the Pre Plus.
    Anyone going to post a YouTube video of their flashed 2.1 Pixi then?
    I would've, so other people could see the slowness i was encountering....but i'm back on 1.4.5 now.