Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1436
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    so to whoever's making the kernel, will there be two different ones - one for sprint, one for verizon?
    I was just being plain sarcastic. There will be no custom kernels

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I was just being plain sarcastic. There will be no custom kernels

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -________- I'm never getting this on my pixi.
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    -________- I'm never getting this on my pixi.
    Because you don't know how to do it or because you want a custom kernel? What for? Overclocking? Isn't 600Mhz enough?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  4. #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Because you don't know how to do it or because you want a custom kernel? What for? Overclocking? Isn't 600Mhz enough?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'd rather an accelerated kernel for my pixi.

    and yes, I have NO idea how to get 2.1 on my pixi. the directions are quite vague. I'm a serious newbie when it comes to anything UNIX
  5. #345  
    It's strange how only ONE person was able to SINGLE-HANDEDLY find a way to put 2.x on a pixi "plus". But yet a multi-BILLIONARE company couldn't do anything in order to support their legacy users except give a little "bug fix" a.k.a v1.4.5.1 and it's not even out for everyone. Is it just me or was Ruby's division just too lazy to get 2.x on legacy devices. I mean if one man can do it all by himself (with some help from the guy who had 2.1 on their GSM). Kudos to Nuttybunny for showing HP that 2.x IS possible if they just took some time away from 3.0. Even though I have a Sprint pixi, I'm still happy that it's still possible. I'll wait until a CDMA version comes out.
  6.    #346  
    As more and more people will install 2.1 on their Pixis and find out how slow their devices can get, they'll understand Palm's position.

    The Pixi just can't handle it properly

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  7. #347  
    diff tw 1.4.5.1 & 2.1.0 kernel
    --- 1.4.5.1/boot/config-2.6.24-palm-chuck 2011-04-22 11:04:56.000000000 +0800
    +++ 2.1.0/boot/config-2.6.24-palm-chuck 2010-12-21 21:39:29.000000000 +0800
    @@ -1,7 +1,6 @@
    #
    # Automatically generated make config: don't edit
    # Linux kernel version: 2.6.24-palm
    -# Thu Apr 21 20:01:26 2011
    #
    CONFIG_ARM=y
    CONFIG_SYS_SUPPORTS_APM_EMULATION=y
    @@ -35,11 +34,12 @@
    CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="-chuck"
    # CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO is not set
    CONFIG_SWAP=y
    +CONFIG_SWAP_NOTIFIERS=y
    CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
    CONFIG_SYSVIPC_SYSCTL=y
    # CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE is not set
    CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT=y
    -# CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT_V3 is not set
    +CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT_V3=y
    CONFIG_TASKSTATS=y
    CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT=y
    CONFIG_TASK_XACCT=y
    @@ -78,6 +78,7 @@
    CONFIG_ANON_INODES=y
    CONFIG_EPOLL=y
    CONFIG_SIGNALFD=y
    +CONFIG_TIMERFD=y
    CONFIG_EVENTFD=y
    CONFIG_SHMEM=y
    CONFIG_TMPFS_ACCOUNTING=y
    @@ -265,6 +266,10 @@
    CONFIG_ZONE_DMA_FLAG=1
    CONFIG_BOUNCE=y
    CONFIG_VIRT_TO_BUS=y
    +CONFIG_UNEVICTABLE_LRU=y
    +CONFIG_HAVE_MLOCK=y
    +CONFIG_HAVE_MLOCKED_PAGE_BIT=y
    +CONFIG_DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR=4096
    CONFIG_ALIGNMENT_TRAP=y

    #
    @@ -850,6 +855,7 @@
    # CONFIG_DCC_TTY is not set
    CONFIG_MSM_KGSL=y
    CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_MMU=y
    +CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_FORCE_GMEM_SAVE=y
    CONFIG_I2C=y
    CONFIG_I2C_BOARDINFO=y
    CONFIG_I2C_CHARDEV=y
    @@ -1128,6 +1134,7 @@
    CONFIG_USB_ROCKHOPPER_PRODUCT_STRING="Pixi"
    CONFIG_USB_ROCKHOPPER_VID=0x830
    CONFIG_USB_ROCKHOPPER_PID_BASE=0x8010
    +CONFIG_USB_ROCKHOPPER_PID_SHIFT=0

    #
    # USB Function Support
    @@ -1443,7 +1450,7 @@
    # CONFIG_KGDB is not set
    # CONFIG_KGDB_ATTACH_WAIT is not set
    CONFIG_OE_BUILD_INFO=y
    -CONFIG_OE_BUILD_INFO_STRING="Built 2011-04-21 20:01. Submission 264."
    +CONFIG_OE_BUILD_INFO_STRING="Submission 288."
    # CONFIG_DEBUG_USER is not set
    CONFIG_MINI_CORE=y
    # CONFIG_DEBUG_ERRORS is not set
    @@ -1510,6 +1517,8 @@
    CONFIG_LIBCRC32C=y
    CONFIG_ZLIB_INFLATE=y
    CONFIG_ZLIB_DEFLATE=y
    +CONFIG_LZO_COMPRESS=y
    +CONFIG_LZO_DECOMPRESS=y
    CONFIG_GENERIC_ALLOCATOR=y
    CONFIG_TEXTSEARCH=y
    CONFIG_TEXTSEARCH_KMP=y

  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by cngdxd View Post
    diff tw 1.4.5.1 & 2.1.0 kernel
    Those are the build options that were used to compile both kernel. Those are by no means the source files.

    But I'll give you the benefit of doubt (if that's the way you say it in english). Go ahead and compile a custom kernel. Shut me up

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Those are the build options that were used to compile both kernel. Those are by no means the source files.

    But I'll give you the benefit of doubt (if that's the way you say it in english). Go ahead and compile a custom kernel. Shut me up
    I'll try uber-kernel later
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    As more and more people will install 2.1 on their Pixis and find out how slow their devices can get, they'll understand Palm's position.

    The Pixi just can't handle it properly

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    why are you saying that? i installed your 2.1 image yesterday on my o2-germany pixi plus - and so far it's working great! everything i need is working - wifi, calls, sms, 2g/3g, mails, contacts, facebook - and the overall ui-experience is way smoother than 1.4.5 ever was - so what's this all about? i'm quite happy with it so far and i gladly thank you for making it possible
  11. antonio2k's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyMcDirty View Post
    why are you saying that? i installed your 2.1 image yesterday on my o2-germany pixi plus - and so far it's working great! everything i need is working - wifi, calls, sms, 2g/3g, mails, contacts, facebook - and the overall ui-experience is way smoother than 1.4.5 ever was - so what's this all about? i'm quite happy with it so far and i gladly thank you for making it possible
    Me too!
  12. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #352  
    I think nuttys saying the swap probably builds up pretty fast and chokes the phone eventually.
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I think nuttys saying the swap probably builds up pretty fast and chokes the phone eventually.
    Or maybe Baby Pixie's processor was already too beaten up and it lags. Remember that the Pixi I got was used and not in the most perfect shape...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  14. #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    It's strange how only ONE person was able to SINGLE-HANDEDLY find a way to put 2.x on a pixi "plus". But yet a multi-BILLIONARE company couldn't do anything in order to support their legacy users except give a little "bug fix" a.k.a v1.4.5.1 and it's not even out for everyone. Is it just me or was Ruby's division just too lazy to get 2.x on legacy devices. I mean if one man can do it all by himself (with some help from the guy who had 2.1 on their GSM). Kudos to Nuttybunny for showing HP that 2.x IS possible if they just took some time away from 3.0. Even though I have a Sprint pixi, I'm still happy that it's still possible. I'll wait until a CDMA version comes out.
    Actually, he just cleaned and packaged up some alpha software from said company. Not to diminish the accomplishment but the fact is that this isn't nutty's creation.
  15.    #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Actually, he just cleaned and packaged up some alpha software from said company. Not to diminish the accomplishment but the fact is that this isn't nutty's creation.
    Exactly, thanks for clearing that up.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  16. #356  
    i'm currently on an android nexus one.. the pixi's my girlfriend's - now that i've seen webos 2.1, i'm thinkin' about buying a pre plus again for using webos 2.1..... hmmmmmm
  17. #357  
    maybe i'm in the minority too...but when i give my phone to my 2 year old, she'd open up like, 5 apps at once and switch between them. apps are as follows..Moo, Ancient Pond, Piano, Earth Now, Kids Paint, and sometimes also Tonal Pool, Critical Mass, Ambient Sound Bubbles, and ABCs 4 Kids. Yes, all those open at once. And launching them all and switching between them is fairily good on my 1.4.5 pixi. Try doing all that in 2.1 and by the time i was opening up the 3rd app, it took nearly twice as long. sure, the UI was buttery smooth, but opening and switching apps (for me) lagged behind 1.4.5. Again, maybe it's just me. But i am fairily certain that my cpu was up to the task, considering i could OC it completely stable up to 849mhz.
  18. #358  
    can someone PLEASE give detailed instructions on how to install this on my pixi. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing here.
  19. #359  
    Ive had mine at 2.1 with all data,wifi, and phone working for a day now. Was fast at first then got to the point of being soo slow. I think with some tweaking and tinkering it will be to the point of usuability. But its kind of pointless because you cant use 2.1 apps because there not made to work on armv6 processors and some 1.4.5 apps wont even work on the pixi 2.1, especially music apps beause they cant access musicdb. I love 2.1 but its not worth it. probably gonna buy the pre 3 when it comes out though . Ive had my pixi for 4 months now after my droid fried and I love webos! much smoother, faster, and user friendly. With this experience of having 2.1 on my phone, I take it as a reason for me to buy a pre 3 when it comes out
  20. #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo444 View Post
    Ive had mine at 2.1 with all data,wifi, and phone working for a day now. Was fast at first then got to the point of being soo slow. I think with some tweaking and tinkering it will be to the point of usuability. But its kind of pointless because you cant use 2.1 apps because there not made to work on armv6 processors and some 1.4.5 apps wont even work on the pixi 2.1, especially music apps beause the cant access musicdb. i love 2.1 but its not worth it. probably gonna buy the pre 3 when it comes out though . ive had my pixi for 4 months now after my droid fried and i love webos! much smoother, faster, and user friendly. With this experience of having 2.1 on my phone i take it as a reason for me to buy a pre 3 when it comes out
    could you help me out? I can't understand how to do this...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions