Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    no , im still fixing my connection. but he didnt add the bypass tooll. it just skipped it if u turn it on and of.. thats what i did anyways
    How to bypass activation? ON and OFF thing is not working for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by otazzz View Post
    How to bypass activation? ON and OFF thing is not working for me?
    check my previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by adityaxavier View Post
    check my previous post.
    ok i've made it. Now i have to create a profile but i dont know how. I always use bypass app and the firstuse app, but in preware i cant download them because bypass app and firstuse app are not supported on WebOS 2.1
    Ok, i SUGGEST TO ALL!: Do NOT download for CDMA it may work if u get pass all the activation but it ends up frying the inside. My Pixi needs repair.

Once again! DO NOT INSTALL 2.1 ON YOUR CDMA SPRINT OR VERIZON PIXI. it will only lead to dissapointment.
    it didn't fry my verizon pixi. And I got past activation by putting in dev mode. And its super fast but I have no service
  6.    #306  
    Ok, i SUGGEST TO ALL!: Do NOT download for CDMA it may work if u get pass all the activation but it ends up frying the inside. My Pixi needs repair.

Once again! DO NOT INSTALL 2.1 ON YOUR CDMA SPRINT OR VERIZON PIXI. it will only lead to dissapointment.
    I thought it was clear, the first big paragraph in my blog post clearly states: "This is Unsupported, I won’t help you if this bricks your Pixi".

I really don't understand why the hell you went and did the "quick tests". Now your Pixi won't start. Pull the battery, put it in recovery mode, and doctor with 1.4.5, hope it restores the modem flash.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha, ive been watching this for awhile now. Once you guys have a solid smooth one for sprint pixis then ill make the jump. But good job guys.
    i cant. the phone will not turn on what so ever, but its okay nutty. atleast i got to toy with the features
  9.    #309  
    i cant. the phone will not turn on what so ever, but its okay nutty. atleast i got to toy with the features
    Try this:

* Pull battery and cable.
    * Connect ONLY the cable.
    - you should have a big battery icon with a "?" inside
    * Press the "X" key, keep it pressed
    * Put the battery back on
    - it should go directly to the recovery mode

Mine didn't want to turn on yesterday until I connected the usb cable.. weird.

Of course, if you don't get anything past step 2... well... you should start saving for the....... new webOS device that Sprint will have in "the coming months"
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    We should all thank Zacky..his over-zealousness has done us all a huge favor. We now know that the CDMA driver is not working, and could possibly fry your modem. So, moving forward, we need a Pixi guru (I'm thinking NB ) to figure out how to get that working. Again, thank you Zacky!
    Yep, cant get past step 2.. ahaha, its all good. my Pre is supposed to be here tomorrrow.. only problem is its like raining like SUPER HARD so i hope it doesnt get delayed
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Zack taking one for the team w00t
    Hey, nutty i have another Palm Pixi but i cant use it cause touchscreen cracked.. Is there anyway i could take the modem or anything out of that broke Pixi and put it in my (was) Working Pixi?
    Hey, nutty i have another Palm Pixi but i cant use it cause touchscreen cracked.. Is there anyway i could take the modem or anything out of that broke Pixi and put it in my (was) Working Pixi?
    Ahhh..a comm board transplant. Are you sure you're up to the challenge Zacky? If you are, go here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rks-100-a.html.
    KeKeKe
    I managed to get webos 2.1 on my Pixi Plus. It works, but i cannot make calls. Haven't tried txts. I will be checking that out, but this "WebOs 2.1 on pixi is slow bs is, well, bs. I'm using my Pixi to post this right now, and I'm not having any speed issues. But, again, I can't make calls.

Edit: Yeah, txts don't work either. However, i can still recieve calls, but it shows up as unknown number. I'm going to doctor back to 1.4.5, if only because I need a working phone.

Edit 2: Something amazing is happening. I hit the remove apps and data thing in device info. After the device reboot. I still have an HP logo. And I now have an EV logo in the top right corner, and it says Verizon Wireless in the top left. First Use also worked. Could my device be working now?

Edit 3: Mind. Blown. WebOs is working. I can make calls. Collectively, everyone here involved has proven that what was one thought impossible. Is possible. (insert insane laughter.) I have a Palm Pixi Plus Verizon. How can I give you guys proof?
    Last edited by pspmanridg3; 05/25/2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Can someone working for HPalm accidentally leak the kernel source code for the Pixi? Pretty please?
    GTAFan9999 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pspmanridg3 View Post
    Edit 3: Mind. Blown. WebOs is working. I can make calls. Collectively, everyone here involved has proven that what was one thought impossible. Is possible. (insert insane laughter.) I have a Palm Pixi Plus Verizon. How can I give you guys proof?
    NICE!!! OK, try hard rebooting the Pixi..take the battery out and everything. If everything holds, I'm installing 2.1 tonight! And of course, a picture is worth a million words.
    Shouldnt this post be stickied??
    alright. I will upload the screenshot in the morning, because i am tired and can't upload from my pixi. Good night guys
    It actually Works, am with Verizion Pixi Plus with WebOS 2.1.

Steps :
    1) Install WebOS 2.1 ( Duhhh)
    2) Bypass Activation by going into Developer Mode.
    3) Go into Device Info and Reset Options ( Erase Apps and Data )
    4) Restart and your Done.