Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by destine1 View Post
    There's no CDMA service where NB is, so it'll be kinda tough for him to test.
    There IS, but I would need a Sprint/VZW Pixi activated with Iusacell (the cdma carrier here), and the info to reactivate it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    but, why did palm say 2.0 is too bad for the pixi, it legit runs faster than 1.4.5???
    I'm installing this right now on my Pixi Plus Verizon. It just rebooted. I'll update when I get something.

Edit: Same issue zacky59 had. I'll try the reboot fix, and see if that helps.
    did rebooting fix your problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    but, why did palm say 2.0 is too bad for the pixi, it legit runs faster than 1.4.5???
    it runs amazing on my Pre- too.. But they didn't release it for that either..
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    did rebooting fix your problem?
    No. I've rebooted this little crap about 10 times now, and no cigar. I also tried to use the ##DEVMODE# thing, but it didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pspmanridg3 View Post
    No. I've rebooted this little crap about 10 times now, and no cigar. I also tried to use the ##DEVMODE# thing, but it didn't work.
    Did you hit the call button after you did the ##3386633# ?
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    Did you hit the call button after you did the ##3386633# ?
    Yes. I can't get it working. After I type it, it says something about not getting a carrier response, and then I'm stuck. I'm gonna doctor back to 1.4.5
    BTW. i got Sprints network to work on my WebOS 2.1 Palm Pixi

Maybe Verizon is just different?
    shouldn't be much different. Cdma is the same for any cdma phone only the carrier info is different. I'm sure once you get past activation it can be worked on there. Since you can get service it should be able to work for verizon with some tweaking, if the driver is located for it. Maybe you will have to use cdma workshop and manually input the sms and phone information

BTW. i got Sprints network to work on my WebOS 2.1 Palm Pixi

Maybe Verizon is just different?
    nevermind I'm sure there is no modem flashed for cdma so I mean input the info in the palm service file
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo444 View Post
    shouldn't be much different. Cdma is the same for any cdma phone only the carrier info is different. I'm sure once you get past activation it can be worked on there. Since you can get service it should be able to work for verizon with some tweaking, if the driver is located for it. Maybe you will have to use cdma workshop and manually input the sms and phone information
    There is a small difference to the Code which needs to be used to go into Dev Mode. its #*DEVMODE# and not ##DEVMODE# as it should be for a CDMA Phone.

Am able to receive calls, but am unable to make calls / sms / network.

The Modem has be detected, else the Calls wont come through. Which means the OS needs to be changed from GSM to CDMA.. no clue how..

Any inputs nb ?
    any brave souls want to give this a try?? maybe instead of using an att doctor, use your carrier's 1.4.5 doctor? I'd imagine the filestructure of the doctors for 1.4.5 are pretty similar. You could change the name of your doctor to match the att one, or you could go into the makefile and modify the WEBOSDOCTOR variables. But, that's being awful ballsy, and you'll probably end up with an unusable device.

I'm not sure if the pixieumts.tar is a GSM specific file, or if that file exists in CDMA phones as well, but hey, you're already flashing something unsupported onto your phone, right?

I was just reading your site again...and I realized that I did not run the make reflash-modem DOH! That's probably why my text messages from AT&T were all janky! still though, it doesn't make up for the overall slowness I experienced when having more than 1 application open. Maybe I'll try it again another day.
    Last edited by pezman726; 05/25/2011 at 07:19 AM.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    any brave souls want to give this a try?? maybe instead of using an att doctor, use your carrier's 1.4.5 doctor? I'd imagine the filestructure of the doctors for 1.4.5 are pretty similar. You could change the name of your doctor to match the att one, or you could go into the makefile and modify the WEBOSDOCTOR variables. But, that's being awful ballsy, and you'll probably end up with an unusable device.

I'm not sure if the pixieumts.tar is a GSM specific file, or if that file exists in CDMA phones as well, but hey, you're already flashing something unsupported onto your phone, right?
    The Doctor is used ONLY for the ramdisk needed for booting the phone. NOTHING else is used from that file.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The Doctor is used ONLY for the ramdisk needed for booting the phone. NOTHING else is used from that file.
    ok...strike that idea then. My suggestion to fixing the cdma modem issue on 2.1 is pretty simple actually.
    doctor back to 1.4.5!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I've solved the problem of adding accounts, I solve it deleting all applications and data from "device information".

I installed 4 applications, added an Facebook account and a Google account and so far has not run too slow...
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio2k View Post
    I've solved the problem of adding accounts, I solve it deleting all applications and data from "device information".

I installed 4 applications, added an Facebook account and a Google account and so far has not run too slow...
    Yep, it had to be an issue with your profile. I logged in to my mom's profile (she'll inherit the Pixi), restored her gmail and facebook accounts with no problems. I then deleted them and created them again. No issues whatsoever
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 05/25/2011 at 09:48 AM.
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post

I was just reading your site again...and I realized that I did not run the make reflash-modem DOH! That's probably why my text messages from AT&T were all janky! still though, it doesn't make up for the overall slowness I experienced when having more than 1 application open. Maybe I'll try it again another day.
    I DID ask in a previous post if you had updated the modem firmware... duh

I wish cdma would work, because 2.1 on my verizon pixi is super snapy i just had 7 apps open with very little lag. i cant even recieve calls though so my modems not being detected. btw does anyone else have the problem where there phone can only charge? it dosent even bring up the option to put into usb mode.
    a small hint for everyone getting "error 2" after typing "make install".

I just installed the palm SDK and got that error. after a reboot everything worked as described.

so -> reboot after installing the palm SDK.