Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    UI is buttery smooth and pretty...actually launching things...a bit slow...
    Start adding your accounts and downloading your apps so you can learn a new definition of pain and desperation
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    so...i should stop my doctoring back to 1.4.5?

maybe i'll do it again later...but for now i'm going back to 1.4.5 I can't handle those garbage text messages. With a test profile in there, i downloaded 2 apps, and the first one launched FAST...the 2nd one took twice as long as it does on my 1.4.5 pixi. Thank you though, for the effort NB. I was able to show it to a few people here who have pres..maybe they'll go throw 2 on their phones now.
    Alright nutty i restarted my computere and when my phone booted up it went to the palm loo than the hp logo and then it went to the screen where u make a profile but it was all messed up looking. . lines through it. but its probably cuz i didnt get to finish my download. anyways so now i try cygwin and its been saying: "transfer nova installer and reboot your device" It hasnt moved.. now what
    OK, now it said : Fatal Error. blah blah, and a bunch of stuff..
    now it says : filesystem mounted installing now... HOPEFULLY IT DOESNT RUIN WHEN IT GETS TO THE fixing mistakes part
    COMPLETE.! one problem AGAIN. it says on the screen : Phone Error, Your phone is experenccing an error that cannot be resolved..
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    COMPLETE.! one problem AGAIN. it says on the screen : Phone Error, Your phone is experenccing an error that cannot be resolved..
    Well, could it be that the image doesn't have CDMA drivers? You'll have to wait if someone else with CDMA jumps in and tries.

Or, you may try again once more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Yeah it says no service ? ? ? ? than it says Phone Error: Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    That sucks... here in Mexico the one that sends the message pays, the receiver doesn't have to pay a penny to receive.
    Here - both pay.

As I understand it the EU model for phone calls is similar to what you say - the cell phone user does not pay for incoming calls - the caller does. The model in the US is not that - I could call a local cell phone (they share the area code for my area) for free from my landline. The mobile user would need to have sufficient mins to allow for the call within base plan or would need to pay for overage charges.

Makes spam txts and calls a real pill.
    is there any way to go to the home screen? im stuck on the pick your language screen and if i clikc english it goes to phone error?

How do i skeip that and go to the homescreen ?
  11.    #251  
    is there any way to go to the home screen? im stuck on the pick your language screen and if i clikc english it goes to phone error?

How do i skeip that and go to the homescreen ?
    Meta doctor has a patch that does that...

Sorry... I had to say it.

Just for fun I'll try to enable that. Heck, you've come THIS far, that deserves a gift

I'll see if I can enable the activation bypass patch and update the Makefile. Damn, I should had used Git

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Thank you! its stuck on the click your language and if i click english it goes to phone error, so i just want to go to homescreen.. aaha
    OK NUTTY THANK YOU!!! 2.1 WORKS ON SPRINT CDMA. but you have to turn it off and on like 5 times! NUTTY THIS IS AWESOME ty!
    I get the same error on a verizon pixi. I dont understand why people had problems installing 2.1 though. was pretty easy and self explainatory . Zacky59 does the phone get service now that you say its working?
    OK NUTTY THANK YOU!!! 2.1 WORKS ON SPRINT CDMA. but you have to turn it off and on like 5 times! NUTTY THIS IS AWESOME ty!
    So.... You got it working?!?!?! What did u do to get it to work? Just reboot a few times?
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  16.    #256  
    o_O Really? cool!

At last, I can have peace of mind :P

nope, no service? but im fixing it right now! but everything runs x2 faster than 1.4.5 but i will fix tthe service now! woo hoo i didnt think this would work on cdma!
    but nutty there is like 10 palm book marks and 10 facebook bookmarks? ahha
    im flashing my phone back to 1.4.5. but ill try later when i get off work to get it to activate. I dont think much can be done to activate without an apropriate pixi 2.1 driver or modem for cdma. But i might be mistaken
  20.    #260  
    but nutty there is like 10 palm book marks and 10 facebook bookmarks? ahha
    bah, it's your device, not mine.
    you happy now? :P

now go and install Govnah, crank up the compcache a bit, increase the lower ondemandctl speed