Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    I don't understand. What in my chat makes you believe less?

Indeed, different reps are saying that there's an update coming. They also haven't a clue what version it is which means nothing is written down in front of their face which means that (especially considering Sprint's past), they'll say anything to make a customer happy. "It would be a public relations nightmare" you say to that. And what else is new for Sprint? *I* have never had a problem with them but, they aren't known for their customer service either. What a few people from some website asking a couple loaded questions? Nothing - in comparision to several MILLION who don't know what a "webOS" is much less that there's an update for one.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying anyone who's posted a chat log is making it up (I 100% believe everyone has been told this and their logs are genuine).

M.
  2.    #162  
    Yeah, they all keep saying different things, By the way. if may 2nd comes around and no 2.2 please do not blame me, blame Sprint for false information. Thanks.
    I love how people feel the need to argue whether something will happen or not. Just wait and see... if it doesn't come, it doesn't come. It's not like May 2nd is that far away.
  4.    #164  
    ya 2 days away ))))
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Yeah, they all keep saying different things, By the way. if may 2nd comes around and no 2.2 please do not blame me, blame Sprint for false information. Thanks.

Nope. No "blame". Again, I do 100% believe you guys have been told this by Sprint Reps and I also believe everyone's logs are genuine. That's not saying it's going to happen. You (I think) posted a log saying that they had training on "new HP phones". OK, I guess there's some hope for the future. Those phones will be coming with webOS 2.2 (most likley - maybe 2.3 if there's some show-stoppers).

So now, put your self in the mind of a Rep who hasn't much of a clue of the inner workings of all this like we have here. Now picture Charlie Brown's teacher:

"waw waaw waw waw webOS waw waw waaw waaw 2.2 waw waw"

Now picture a bunch of people asking about a "web Oh Es"...

That's all I'm saying.

M.
  6.    #166  
    Aaha we'll have to wait 2 more days
    <deleted original text>

Update: decided not to troll for lulz.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    zacky what do you think your chances are of being wrong precentege wise.
  9.    #169  
    about 50
  10.    #170  
    Just because I'm 100 percent sure from sprint but what palms saying I thinking 0 percent from them.. So about 50 we'll see I hope !!
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Just because I'm 100 percent sure from sprint but what palms saying I thinking 0 percent from them.. So about 50 we'll see I hope !!
    I checked out palms WebOS 2.0 checker thing and it said my phone was not able to support WebOS 2.0 and therefore would not recieve an update.

Buuuuuut what if Palm hasn't updated this part of their website yet? It seemed/seems set in stone that Sprint won't get it but if they changed their mind... We know a Pre can run on 2.0 so that kinda disproves Palms claim on it being feature related.
    given what we know about 2.x on NuttyBunny's pixi and what we know about the memory setup on the pixi from the overclock thread I say there is zero chance we get 2.x on pixi via sprint.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    If we could get the kernel and OC to 849 with some softswap it'd run like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Indeed, different reps are saying that there's an update coming. They also haven't a clue what version it is which means nothing is written down in front of their face which means that (especially considering Sprint's past), they'll say anything to make a customer happy. "It would be a public relations nightmare" you say to that. And what else is new for Sprint? *I* have never had a problem with them but, they aren't known for their customer service either. What a few people from some website asking a couple loaded questions? Nothing - in comparision to several MILLION who don't know what a "webOS" is much less that there's an update for one.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying anyone who's posted a chat log is making it up (I 100% believe everyone has been told this and their logs are genuine).

M.
    I take all these rumors with a grain of salt, but in this case, I disagree with you.

First of all, polls have shown that Sprint's customer service satisfaction rating has improved considerably.

Secondly, I think you misunderstood. I don't think it was that she didn't know what version they were releasing, I think she used "2.0" as a generic way of saying they are releasing 2.x.
    "Hello. My name is Knox, and I'm addicted to webOS patches!"
    I'm putting my money on NO update tommorrow.

Not even a leaked changelog is out. Thats not like palm/sprint. So all my nuts are in no update basket for tommorrow.
  16.    #176  
    i dunno, the sprint rep said it could be at 11:59 pm that we would get the update may 2nd, so wait till may 3rd to see if you get it.
    it doesnt hurt if we just keep the optimism up, isnt it? thanks zacky59 for the news. even if nothing happens my life wont change a bit
    i say there is no hope for us sprint users of getting our hands dirty in some Webos 2 technologies.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    who knows, would make better since for palm and sprint to provide an optional doctor.
    Well today's the day. Here's hoping that all this hype was for something at all.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast